Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 05-21-2011, 09:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I am proud to say that I did thirty minutes on the elliptical today! That is good for me as I really dislike exercising, but I am working with a dietician and one of my goals for this week is to exercise for a minimume of 30 minutes three days this week. I have one more day to go to meet my goal.
Elizabeth
Old 05-22-2011, 12:51 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Elizabethgem
I am proud to say that I did thirty minutes on the elliptical today! That is good for me as I really dislike exercising, but I am working with a dietician and one of my goals for this week is to exercise for a minimume of 30 minutes three days this week. I have one more day to go to meet my goal.
Elizabeth

Well done Elizabeth .

Lots of people start out not liking the sweaty, out of breath, out of shape feeling that exercises causes. But when folks stick with it, most find that the sensation of working your body gets addictive. It still requires a little will power to get going from time to time. I hope with time you, too, will grow to enjoy the immediate and long lasting benefits.

Today was a good day for a long run - 10 miles at a relatively slow pace. The red wine with dinner last night kind of caught up with me. But it felt great to push myself through it even though I would have happily lazed around the kitchen reading the paper and eating breakfast.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks Pam. I have met my goal of exercising three times this week. I pushed myself this morning and exceeded my goal on the elliptical. You are right, I do feel better after I exercise. I am impressed with how successful you have been with your weight loss, that is motivating to me.

Elizabeth
Old 05-23-2011, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Well done Elizabeth .
Today was a good day for a long run - 10 miles at a relatively slow pace.
I'm so jealous.....I miss the long runs.
It's been a week since I got hurt and have gained 11 effin' pounds WTH! and beer drinkin' season is right around the corner.....
Ya, not lookin' good.....

Hopefully by the holiday weekend, my foot will be well enough for some bike riding
Old 05-23-2011, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

SW - that sounds grim, but those 11 lbs don't want to be there! I hope you will soon be "in the saddle" or finding a good alternative.

I'm feeling gross, got a sore throat and congestion, so taking it easy - hope it's gone for a good gym visit tomorrow

Abby
Old 05-23-2011, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
SW - that sounds grim, but those 11 lbs don't want to be there! I hope you will soon be "in the saddle" or finding a good alternative.

I'm feeling gross, got a sore throat and congestion, so taking it easy - hope it's gone for a good gym visit tomorrow

Abby
Sorry you're feelin' gross Abby, and Ya, I'll get thru it, just a little surprised I could pack on 11lbs within a week.
No biggie, I'm back to logging in foods and at least I can still control what I eat & drink
It also doesn't help that we are playing with an electric Ice cream maker either.....
Old 05-23-2011, 08:06 AM
FitDay Premium Member

11 lbs that doesn't even sound possible! I know you've been running a lot, but that's a lot of calories to gain to result in that much "real weight". I'm guessing some of it is inflammation and other stuff as you body is coping with the injury.

Try not to get too caught up in the pity party, you do have some options. I usually gain a couple pounds after an injury, but when I'm in the right place mentally, I can usually adjust pretty quickly and not get too careless.

Stay positive and think of this as just a break (even if it was totally unplanned) from training. All atheletes have to take a break from time to time. You will come back stronger than ever!
Old 05-23-2011, 08:09 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Elizabethgem
Thanks Pam. I have met my goal of exercising three times this week. I pushed myself this morning and exceeded my goal on the elliptical. You are right, I do feel better after I exercise. I am impressed with how successful you have been with your weight loss, that is motivating to me.

Elizabeth
Thanks Elizabeth
Keep up the good work and you'll get there too!
Old 05-23-2011, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, Thanks for the encouraging words. 11lbs does sound a lil ridiculous within a weeks time, but I've hittin' the sauce pretty good to take the edge off when the Ibuprofen falls short.

I'm gonna head down to the gym and sign on the dotted line -Pity party is officially over

On a side note, I've been following Humphrey's recovery posts and hope he's doing well. It kills me when my animals are in pain and could only imagine what Humphrey has been going through.

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
11 lbs that doesn't even sound possible! I know you've been running a lot, but that's a lot of calories to gain to result in that much "real weight". I'm guessing some of it is inflammation and other stuff as you body is coping with the injury.

Try not to get too caught up in the pity party, you do have some options. I usually gain a couple pounds after an injury, but when I'm in the right place mentally, I can usually adjust pretty quickly and not get too careless.

Stay positive and think of this as just a break (even if it was totally unplanned) from training. All atheletes have to take a break from time to time. You will come back stronger than ever!
Old 05-24-2011, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default still feeling sick

So I didn't try to make it to the gym today, but the sun came out and I ate my yogurt and apple on a bench beside my house, noticed Mr. and Mrs. Robin have built a nest in a big tree right there, looking forward to seeing the babies. I decided to walk the long way to the Subway, and got in about half an hour of mordrate movement in a beautiful spot. Feels good even if not as strenuous as for optimal results!

Abby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.