Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 05-19-2011, 06:12 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Turns out my decision not to wear the Goretex jacket this morning was a poor one. Jogged two miles in the pouring rain in my nylon windbreaker. It kept me dry for, perhaps, three minutes. Here it is a couple hours later and I am still soaked. To make matter worse, my previously "water proof" New Balance shoes no longer are, and I hate wet, squishy feet!

But, it's better than not exercising and no one ever said this commitment would be pain-free!

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-19-2011, 01:49 PM
FitDay Member

I try a new work out DVD this morning. "The Abs diet work out", it's worn me out. I will stick with it for awhile now.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

Michael, good for you to keep going with moist feet - seems like you've gotten thus far by not finding excuses.

Today I got in 4.25 miles in 40 minutes - that included a cool down period, achieved 5K in about 29 minutes. The treadmill I was on had an absolutely unreliable heart rate device, when I stepped on it said 198 - when I had finished my first mile it said 88, I found it amusing.

I walked into the locker room after a great stretch and thought "I don't know if I've ever been happier".

But now, I work!

Abby
Old 05-20-2011, 12:54 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Michael, good for you to keep going with moist feet - seems like you've gotten thus far by not finding excuses.

Today I got in 4.25 miles in 40 minutes - that included a cool down period, achieved 5K in about 29 minutes. The treadmill I was on had an absolutely unreliable heart rate device, when I stepped on it said 198 - when I had finished my first mile it said 88, I found it amusing.

I walked into the locker room after a great stretch and thought "I don't know if I've ever been happier".

But now, I work!

Abby
Thanks, Abby. Of course, it's raining here in Maine again--at least I brought the waterproof jacket today. My "waterproof" shoes weren't quite dry this morning so I've got alternate "not waterproof at all" footwear on today. Hopefully it will stop raining by noon.

And yes, I do my best not to get into the "excuse" mindset. I am very much a person of habit and routine. I can just as easily get into bad habits as good one so I need to be careful. That's why I need a set time to exercise--when the clock strikes 12:00, I'm out de' do' rain, shine, snow, whatever. If I gave myself the option to think about it, I'd have a million excuses not to go out.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-20-2011, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
My "waterproof" shoes weren't quite dry this morning so I've got alternate "not waterproof at all" footwear on today.
Stuff crumpled newspaper in your shoes, it will help dry them faster.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Pretty good week

Crossfit on Tues and Thursday - lots of jumping rope. Double unders ARRG! Someday I will be able to spin the rope fast enough and with enough coordination to get the rope to pass under my feet twice in 1 jump.

Yoga - Wed
Run - Friday AM and am expected to do another yoga class this evening.

The run this morning was awesome! I think Crossfit is doing exactly what they promised. My usual weekday run is ~6 miles. A few hills, but nothing too bad. I usually run it in 9:30 - 9:45 min miles, which is a comfortably fast pace. It had been a couple of weeks since I ran it last. This morning I ran it in 8:57 min/mile . And was mostly without really pushing. Although the last mile or so I did pump it up a little just to see what I could do.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:47 AM
FitDay Member

Wow Good exercising. My yard work is my exercise for tonight. 45 minutes with mower and 15 weeking. Did do my yoga and sauna this morning so back on track. Mary
Old 05-20-2011, 10:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Wow Good exercising. My yard work is my exercise for tonight. 45 minutes with mower and 15 weeking. Did do my yoga and sauna this morning so back on track. Mary

Excellent! Yard work can certainly burn some calories.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:53 AM
FitDay Member

I did 28 minutes with Petra Kolbert and my step set on "double", which makes it 7 1/2" high. That's a lot for my short legs. Followed Petra with 24 minutes of Bob, he kicked my lazy, uncoordinated, unbalanced, butt in to shape. Well I don't think the shape is any different, but it's got a touch of ache to it now. Then I did 50 penance push-ups because I blew my calorie budget yesterday with a quick ugly brownie binge. So not quite an hour, but a good sweaty heart pumping, muscle toning 55 minutes.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

The food Brownie should be banned. I was craving them yesterday and almost made a batch. Memories of devouring the last pan I made kept me from cooking them. Exercise today consists of more yard work The SUN is shining and being outside is wonderful. I also see a bike ride and the driving range in the forecast for today.

Some humour for you fellow rain soaked fitdayers. My assistant put a a weather icon on her computer about 3 weeks ago. Yesterday was the first day she realized it isn't just a grey/blue box. There was a sun shining in it for the first time!!! Mary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.