Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 04-29-2011, 02:21 AM
FitDay Member

No, I've got a bit of a grim cold, I walked a half mile (scarecely a Whoopee!! ) but caught the bus for most of the trip to the subway. Don't see today being impressive!

Abby
Old 04-29-2011, 04:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Another (almost) two mile jog today--I'm going to have to start bringing an extra shirt to work I sweat so much now that it's not 20 below 0 .

I've been back in the AC w/my fan on high now for 20 minutes and I'm just starting to get comfy again.

Have a great day everyone!

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-29-2011, 01:55 PM
FitDay Member

Kept going back and forth about mowing the yard. I kept saying it really doesn't need it quite yet. Then I thought that it is nice and cool, I need the exercise, etc.

So I mowed for about 1.5 hours.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:15 PM
FitDay Member

Haven't been able to log in my stuff on the FD site for a couple of days because the computer was in the shop, getting a new battery and routine cleaning, but I stuck with my usual eating/exercise routine. Today it was cold and damp outside, and I wanted to watch the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, so got on the treadmill, turned the TV around, and found myself breezing through my normal 2.5 miles, so I kept going and increased the incline a bit. Burned 435 calories, according to my treadmill, and still wasn't out of breath or working particularly hard, even going uphill. Learned a little psychological trick this week: If I count out the distance and give myself a couple of swigs of water every half mile, and increase the angle every mile, the total distance doesn't seem so great. Also, I like to "up" the angle again for the last half mile, at least. Usually the result is that I want to keep going. (You'd think it would be the opposite, but it's gotta be endorphins talking.) Tomorrow, I plan to do 3 miles on the treadmill, as I did today, and then go hiking in the afternoon with a couple of friends.

Don't know if I'm up to climbing Katahdin yet, but I'm getting there. Also, my bike should be back from the shop by May 5th, and I hope to start putting some miles on that, since we have a perfectly good paved and mostly level trail that goes for miles and miles and miles.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:58 PM
FitDay Member

Default Not as motivated as I use to be....

I wish I could get where I was before with exercise and diet. I like to have some sort of group or workout buddy and at this time I have no one that will stay half way committed. I work at a gym and make time after work to exercise, today was 30 min. of strength training and 15 minutes of running on the treadmill. But even though i've made it after work I don't feel I'm making any progress and my eating habits are wearing me down.

Thanx for listening
Old 04-30-2011, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

Did the first half of my double header this morning. I ran in the American River Parkway 1/2 marathon & 5k, I ran the 5k and placed 1st in my age div.

The 1/2 had the most runners and the 5k was fairly small, but I finished 6th overall, not sure on how many entrants, but it was at least 300. I'll edit once the results are posted.
I also got a personal best of 22:06- that blows away my previous best of 22:40 The course had some rolling hills and we also had wind gusts up to 15mph. Nasty lil headwind, but I tried to use it to my advantage when possible.
Woot! I feel awesome!
Tomorrows run will be way more hilly and it will be a 5 miler.......should be interesting....
Old 04-30-2011, 07:03 AM
FitDay Member

I sorta exercised. My town has an annual festival and it was today. I walked around for 4 hours straight, only sitting long enough to eat. There was food everywhere - hamburgers, hot dogs, home baked goods, nachos, corny dogs, sausage on a stick, roasted corn on the cob, smoked turkey legs and barbecue galore!

I consider it a win that I got out of there only eating a barbecue sandwich and homemade fried peach pie. Talk about temptation!
Old 04-30-2011, 11:11 PM
FitDay Member

Mark, I wasn't as lucky as that. My son's 4th birthday party was Saturday. I had two BBQ sandwiches, a few chips, and some ice cream cake. The good news was I only drank water the entire day. I also loaded, unloaded, loaded, and unloaded again around 40 chairs, and 4 tables. I figured that counted for something.

Back on track for now.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:35 AM
FitDay Member

Ran a 5 mile race this morning- placed 7th in my age div., ran a 41:26. The course was very hilly compared to yesterday's race.
There was also a car show going with quite a few food booths-all bad of course. I almost got some kettle corn.....mmmmm....kettle corn

Time to go do yard work now..
Old 05-01-2011, 02:01 PM
FitDay Premium Member

]
Originally Posted by Sexytiga
I wish I could get where I was before with exercise and diet. I like to have some sort of group or workout buddy and at this time I have no one that will stay half way committed. I work at a gym and make time after work to exercise, today was 30 min. of strength training and 15 minutes of running on the treadmill. But even though i've made it after work I don't feel I'm making any progress and my eating habits are wearing me down.
Thanx for listening
Hey Sexytiga,
You know most people go through ups and downs with exercise and physical activity. Sometimes life just gets in the way. It kinda looks to me that maybe you are just bored with the whole gym rat scene, and you need a jolt of something new to get you re-energized. Having buddies or a group to work with so that you can combine our need for social interaction with physical activity can be really helpful. Have you thought about maybe hooking up with a running club, or taking a yoga class?

Eating habits? Pretty much the same thing. If you aren't looking forward to a lovely, healthy, "clean" meal then it is easy to slip back into WTF, I'll eat crap, because I feel like crap. Sometimes people slowly get back to better habits and sometime people just kick themselve in the butt and say "snap out of it" which are YOU?

Originally Posted by sw07
Did the first half of my double header this morning. I ran in the American River Parkway 1/2 marathon & 5k, I ran the 5k and placed 1st in my age div.

OMG that is fantastic - huge contrats! How was the weather? It was quite windy in the SoCal, but nice and dry and temps in the 70s

Originally Posted by sw07
Ran a 5 mile race this morning- placed 7th in my age div., ran a 41:26. The course was very hilly compared to yesterday's race.
There was also a car show going with quite a few food booths-all bad of course. I almost got some kettle corn.....mmmmm....kettle corn

Time to go do yard work now..
A 1st and a 7th - SW you have something to be very proud of. I really cannot imagine getting up and out for a second race, especially since you obviously left nothing on the course for race #1.

I guess I am lucky that I don't really like kettle corn - it smells lovely, but a couple of kernals is plenty. Roasted ears of corn... now you are talking!

I got a great 8 mile trail run in this morning. I really didn't feel all that great when I first woke up (date night #2 with DH... candle - light diner, wine, roast beef, artichokes... etc) But I had agreed to meet an employee at work at 6:30 before my run, so I at least had to get to the lab, so I might as well at least pretend I would run afterwards. Once I got to the trail it was such a lovely morning and I while my head wasn't quite into it, my legs were ready to run, and the legs won the contest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.