Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 01-06-2012, 01:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks Abby... not going to earn one today. I really need to get a run in, but it is cold and dark out and I have to be into work by 8. Yeah, I know "cold" in SoCal is 50* - what a woose. I can handle dark, and I can handle cold, but together, not happening.

Yesterday, however, after the workout my whole attitude towards the world changed. I have certainly experienced runner's high before, but nothing as uplifting as I did after a gazillion pushups, goblet squats, grasshoppers (a new one for me), and hollow rocks. Furthermore I completed the most number of movements in the time alloted of any other athelete - go me!

Whew 100% of the days... you deserve a rest! BTW when is your personal trainer appt?
Old 01-06-2012, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Pam- Just think around 10 o'clock how much you have already done in your day... Keep it up!

Abby- congrats on your 100% rest will be well worth it

I did 4 miles today... Only one more day and than back to big mileage!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sw07
LOL...I was chasing mine again this morning, although I only managed to run a measly 2.91 miles before work... felt a little drained.
I've racked up 18.02 miles in the last 5 days and tomorrow will be my off day....bummer
I have not yet today however I will be doing a 1 hour Zumba class! LOVE IT!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Urban,
I would be interested in knowing how you feel on your 1st longer run after this little break. The idea behind it is to let your body catch up with all of the earlier hard training, without backsliding. Theoretically, you should feel stronger. But that's theory, I'd like to read your experience.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:56 AM
FitDay Member

I will keep you posted on that
Old 01-06-2012, 11:22 PM
FitDay Member

Hi exercisers

I fell off the wagon since the 8th of December, then got myself new running shoes (I had the Asics Gel Fortitude 4 but they were a little wide in the heel, now I have New Balance 1080, nice and snug fit)

So now I have to build up again after a month of inactivity, can't run 5K anymore, I've ran somewhere around 2 to 2.5K yesterday and 2 days before yesterday.

Need to get back into the swing of things, so here I am again for accountability
Old 01-07-2012, 12:37 AM
FitDay Member

Pam - you are entitled to a day off - that bed can sure be nice...

Lucious L – you’ll soon be back to 5K – with us rooting you on – let us know what works for nagging you – report your distances and we’ll give gentle prods

UrbanMule – what’s your big picture goal with all this training – is it a distance, time, or just being more fit?

Today I did wake and bake - this is not an aerobic program - but preparing for a birthday dinner I'm throwing for a friend tonight. I made a bourbon cake - a half recipe is too much for my small tube pan. I've messed up by overfilling before, so I was stuck with a fair bit of waste batter. I stood and looked at the about half cup of batter in the bowl, stuck my finger in, licked it off, and reached for a spoon, then, very proud of myself, I scraped the extra batter into the trash instead of into my mouth!

I think I'll be able to eat pretty healthy, we’re doing lobster (small group, and in Boston, you can buy ones that are in the Atlantic now!) Lobster without butter is not a wicked food.

I am pleased to report I hit 158.4 this morning, this is my pre-Thanksgiving weight, and so, since yesterday was the 12th day of Christmas, I did succeed in “maintain not gain through the holidays. I’ve joined a 10 pound challenge at the Y – it’s actually a little redundant with Fitday – I’m using “LoseIt” software (which has a cool free Android app for logging food and exercise).
Old 01-07-2012, 05:44 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Abby, can I come over for supper??? DH is from Boston and lobster is one of our very favorite celebration foods. You are right, if you stay away from the butter, or at least really limit it, lobster is a fabulous "diet" food.

Big pat on the back for getting back to your pre-holiday weight (I wish I know how to add those cute animations others use, but... imagine some little creature jumping around with a "good on ya" message).

The 10lb challenge sounds great. I will be starting another Dr. assisted program at the end of Feb to lose those last 10 lbs. When I do, I will be one ripped chicky .

Lucious, good to see you on this thread. I agree w/ Abby, if you are at 2.5K now, you will be back to 5K very soon. I totally agree about the magic of new running shoes. I have used a slump in my running as an excuse to buy new shoes many times, and I'll be damned if if doesn't work.

Today is a work day... got some stuff to catch up on. But I expect that Sun & Mon will include some great outdoor activities.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
UrbanMule – what’s your big picture goal with all this training – is it a distance, time, or just being more fit?
Goal is to run the 1/2 marathon in May in under 2hrs. All other benefits are purely bonus
Old 01-07-2012, 01:16 PM
FitDay Member

No exercise unless dressing a 4 and 6 year old for their first skating lesson counts. After a week of tending 4 kids I don't know how anyone with kids ever loses weight. Of course being out of my routine hurt too. Tomorrow I get back on track. The kids parents are due back tonight. Mary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.