Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 12-28-2011, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

3 hours spent cleaning and putting away Christmas decorations. Counts for a few calories. Now I'm off to use my snow blower for the first time this year. Need to get out to buy cat food before they attack. I may try my cross country skis later. Mary
Old 12-28-2011, 11:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

8 mile hike with DH and sister. Had some snow and ice to deal with on the trail, but a lovely day.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:49 PM
FitDay Member

I exercised for the first time in months. It wasn't much, but it feels good to be back at it.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by CrusaderGirl
I exercised for the first time in months. It wasn't much, but it feels good to be back at it.
Hi CrusaderGirl!
Good job, now that you know how great it feels, keep it up .

Mary, I def. think house keeping is a calorie burner. It is all about keeping moving IMO. It may not burn a ton, but it keeps the muscles and joints lubricated . Did you get the skies out? I am jealous. The snows have completely skipped over the central Sierras so far.

Abby was you 5K outside (brrrrr)? Sounds like you are right back on track - an inspiration to all.

My sister is here visiting from Oregon, we had hoped to have lots of snow for X-C skiing, but Mother Nature is not cooperating. So it is hiking instead (and no, I am not really complaining). Not quite sure what today's program is, but it will certainly be outdoors.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:19 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Lots of hiking yesterday and the day before. I'm feeling kinda lazy after having company all week, so I think I'll take it easy today and do a run tommorow.

So where's everyone else
Old 01-01-2012, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
So where's everyone else
Hanging out enjoying a five day "staycation" with only a day and half vacation time.

Good long walk looking at the Ice Sculptures of First Night last night, otherwise, nothing I can boast about.

I start 2012 at 159.2 - up from my "maintain don't gain" number, but suspecting salt and water.

Some resolutions

1) hit that 150 number by my birthday in June (slow and steady)
2) minimize alcohol, try for no beer or wine weeknights
3) keep up my presence at the Y
4) do more public speaking for work
5) Keep my Fitday checking to twice a day.
6) keep better track of where my time goes.
7) give thanks every day
8) call mom more
9) pay better attention to MIL - she won't know it (dentementia), but her caretakers will (SIL and BIL)
10) write will
11) write some fiction
12) be patient with co-workers

There that's 12 for 2012

Abby
Old 01-01-2012, 03:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
So where's everyone else
Went for a long run on the last day of the year We are having some awesome weather, mid 50's & sunny.
I ran 11.5 miles in 2:04- my longest yet.
I also tallied up my miles for 2011, I ran a total of 581.07 miles Wow, that's alot.

Happy New Year everybody!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:06 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by sw07
Went for a long run on the last day of the year We are having some awesome weather, mid 50's & sunny.
I ran 11.5 miles in 2:04- my longest yet.
I also tallied up my miles for 2011, I ran a total of 581.07 miles Wow, that's alot.

Happy New Year everybody!
Wow that is a lot. I think I will try to do the same thing. It hadn't occured to me until you mentioned it.

Yoga this morning and the a short but hard hill run this afternoon. And, yea our wether has been perfect for running, not so much for skiing
Old 01-01-2012, 08:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

It was almost 45 here in Maine today, and practically no snow--great for January! So, I spent the day working outside trying to finish my generator/tool shed.

I will NOT be quitting my day job for carpentry, that's for sure! There's not a straight edge or level place anywhere. But, it is more-or-less sturdy and will get the job done. At any rate, wrestling around 4x8 sheets of plywood and so forth is a pretty good workout.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-02-2012, 12:45 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, great to have you posting here - building counts! (you don't see fat carpenters).

Pam, I envy your weather, although ours was pretty good - I don't like reading "second warmest December on record" - but it does make outdoor running more fun!

Just got back from a 3.2 mile run -

SW I love the idea of toting up my miles for the year! Sounds like some amazing ones to start 2012

The first three miles were nice and pretty fast for me - its a hilly area near my home, and I was pleased with myself to come back in and see I'd been less than half an hour at this distance. Since I had more time, I drank a glass of water and headed back out - but chose the suicide hill, it's straight up (the top is the highest point in Boston City Limits - didn't make it there - I got to the next corner, and figured, I'll turn right, and then it will angle down - no it doesn't - more up! I ended up walking the last portion, but that felt great!

Happy New Year!

Abby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.