Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 12-20-2011, 03:35 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Pam I love southern California. For years I've told my friends I want to be a bag lady in San Diego when I retire. Made it to the Y tonight for 20 minutes Elliptical, 20 minutes cycling and a workout on the weight machines. Felt good. I never go at night unless to a class. I may start as it would be easier than trying to go during the day. It's just so hard to get back out after I come home.
Yea!! good job Mary. I usually have trouble getting my butt out of the house at night, but the yoga classes have gotten to be enough of a habit that it isn't much of a battle anymore. I hope it becomes a habit for you. How did you feel once you got home? Ready to relax into bed?

Originally Posted by Urbanmule
Yup, Ran 3 miles
Nice Urban You are getting the distance up.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:35 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Yikes Nik,
You are going to have to explains some of those moves: what's a goblet squat? I do know the feeling of being super jazzed after an intense workout. EXCELLENT! wanna hear more

Dumbbell Goblet Squats

High pulls are just the first half of a power clean (deadlift + upright row) without getting under the bar to finish. They let you go a little heavier than you would for a clean and help improve explosiveness. Do a few of these, drop the weight down a couple pounds and switch to cleans. You should be able to hit some new PRs this way!
Old 12-21-2011, 12:07 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Pam, I love my gold stars at the Y – I know it’s silly, the biggest gold star is health, but some how these do something short term I like.

YAY MARY ! The Ellipical was glad to see you
Urbanmule – 3 miles sounds great
Nik, I think for 2012 I’m going to try to learn three lifting vocabulary words, and the moves to match.
I did my long run today – 4.25 miles. My 5K time was 28 and 15 seconds, then I let it slow down , at the end I was very slow but sent the tilt way up.
Ready for anything now!
Old 12-21-2011, 02:09 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Nik, I think for 2012 I’m going to try to learn three lifting vocabulary words, and the moves to match.

Ready for anything now!
Abby, maybe lifting vocab & moves is what you could work on with you personal trainer. Then you will be ready for anything (not that you aren't now!)

CrossFit was pull ups and medicine ball cleans (a great way to learn the whole movement required to clean a barbell), oh and with a 100m sprint & deadlifts thrown in for good measure.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all – yesterday was client appreciation night for my firm, so I had to be charming with a glass of wine in my hands, didn’t leave me motivated for the 5 AM alarm, so I slept another hour. When I asked my boss this AM “how are you?” he said in “that voice” “I’ve been better”.

I, however, feel great. Got a great walk this morning. – took the long way from my house to the Subway through a park at sunrise, dog walkers and runners all out, and beautiful trees, the most amazing gnarly beech. I kept the pace fast, but it was a 40 minute walk about two miles, not a run.

Sounds like a great cross fit Pam!
Old 12-22-2011, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

Glad you guys are keeping active. I dug out my wii last night and did 40 -45 minutes of exercise. May have to settle for it tonight. Too many luncheons this week!! No snow here in Ontario so it looks like a green Christmas. Mary
Old 12-22-2011, 12:47 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Wii on Mary - it can be great exercise.

The eastern Sierras have been pretty dry too. Our place has no snow (some years we do, some not) but the ski area 30 min away is really hurting . They're making snow on the major runs, but all of the minor runs are unskiable.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:22 PM
FitDay Member

did a 4 mile run after my 6 hour drive... I was stir crazy sitting that long!
Old 12-23-2011, 12:25 AM
FitDay Member

Mary on the WII – good work (my WII story – a few years ago a group of college friends gathered for a weekend in Chicago. We were at someone’s house and I asked “where are all the kids?” - the answer came “they are in the basement doing WII” – but I heard ““they are in the basement doing weed” – my thought was “wow parents are getting awfully progressive!)

UrbanMule, is it my imagination that those miles keep increasing? The driving ones don’t count!

Pam, ski on – sorry it’s dissapointing, my Minnesota family is expecting a brown Christmas.

Made it to spinning – I was the only one and the teacher was a sub, did some need new moves, jumps fast and furious, and some isolation balance moves. At the end she said “if you hadn’t come, I would have gone home, instead of getting on a bike” – didn’t know I inspired the teacher.

To everyone who Celebrates Christmas, Merry Christmas, if you don’t – be merry anyway!

Abby
Old 12-23-2011, 11:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
UrbanMule, is it my imagination that those miles keep increasing? The driving ones don’t count!

To everyone who Celebrates Christmas, Merry Christmas, if you don’t – be merry anyway!

Abby
Haha, they do keep increasing, I've been following my training schedule... I have an 8 mile run (the longest I've done so far) tomorrow that I'm looking forward too!

Merry Christmas to you as well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.