Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 12-18-2011, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

I'd say it's doable. If you ran 10, pushing it, by March you should be able to push to 13. Just keep training and eating right. But I don't have to tell you that.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki

One of the things I have done in the past with success is to pick a day to restart the exercise program. Post it on your calendar and follow through come hell or high water.
Good morning Pam i just read this part of your post from a few days ago.... hit home and that is exactly what i needed to hear! Thanks
Old 12-19-2011, 02:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by sw07
WooHoo! Did my first 10 mile run this morning Felt awesome!! I could definitely feel the last 2 miles... my time was 1:41, 10:07 pace. The only part that seems to hurt are my shoulders...
Excellent! Nice pace. So glad you enjoyed it. The saying goes, the older you are the better you are at longer races. The young bucks tend to dominate the sprints and shorter distance, but it is us older (and wiser ) folks who dominate the long distance.

Did 11 miles yesterday, 9:42 pace. Problably I wouldn't have gone quite that fast if I had not been running with a buddy. It is funny we both kinda broke down towards the end. Me, just as I was finishing. My feet and legs sain "NO MORE". He broke down at about 9 miles, walked, stretched, hydrated, but recover and finished very strong. No way I could keep up with him. It was a great way to start a busy Sunday!

Oh and thanks Wayne, I am glad the suggestion helped
Old 12-19-2011, 02:39 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default maintain, not gain: check-in

Pre-holiday weight: 137.8
Weighed myself on Sunday: 138.6

So up almost a pound. This will keep me inspired to watch the consumption and keep up the exercise.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default Maintain don't gain check in

I'm at 156 so down two since November 16. I'm quite happy about that.

Last edited by dear_abby; 12-19-2011 at 03:33 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Typical Monday – the pillow won in the alarm clock vs. pillow competition, I got a nice walk taking the long way to catch the bus, but nothing too energetic, however, Pam gave me permission to slack!

I did find myself very active over the weekend, baked a lot of cookies (and didn’t eat many or much dough!) – that’s considerable on your feet time. And, walked around a hospital for about three hours (caroling with a church group – it’s the chronic care facility where the homeless with long term health problems end up, these people don’t get many visitors, so it felt good to bring a little music).

Pam, nice run, sounds like you and your buddy really helped each other.

Nik, that sounds like a great session – I love earned soreness

Nice work SW! One day…
Old 12-19-2011, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Excellent! Nice pace. So glad you enjoyed it. The saying goes, the older you are the better you are at longer races. The young bucks tend to dominate the sprints and shorter distance, but it is us older (and wiser ) folks who dominate the long distance.
So true....I also feel relatively good, I thought I would be way sore this morning, but I'm not
Old 12-19-2011, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

Trying to decide if I can get control over the obstacles of Christmas, New Years and a week with 4 grandkids. I either have to make a commitment today or accept being up another 5 pounds by Jan 7th. I start holidays Jan 26th and would like to be down instead of up. That's my motivator.

Mary
Old 12-19-2011, 07:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
I'm at 156 so down two since November 16. I'm quite happy about that.

Nice job, Abby - impressive!
Old 12-19-2011, 03:05 PM
FitDay Member

Ohh, I know that feeling. You did squats and lunges . No wonder you are sore. But I know you have been at this for quite sometime, so I am sure you know what you are doing. I'm still not a big fan of lunges - I think it is the balance part of it. I know they are great for all kinds of stuff including the core, but I usually quietly groan to myself when I see them on the workout list.
I've found lunges to be a good therapy for knee pain - it keeps most of the tension on the quads and off the ITB, the muscle running along the outside of your thigh and wrapping around the outside of your knees. I have really tight ITBs so my knees are always hurtin'. A desk job doesn't help any with that.

I actually think my sore glutes came from the deadlifts - I did 50 of them! ow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.