Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 12-13-2011, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

Just about to head out for a power clean / front squat ramp session!
Old 12-14-2011, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck with that TandooriChicken,

LuciousL - you may have good relaxed muscles at the start of a session and tighten as exercising.

Yesterday I thought I was getting a cold, so stayed in bed instead of spinning, some sniffles materialized, but nothing debilitating. So, today it was a fast mile, then weights - when I set up this current routine I thought it wouldn't be challenging - I was wrong, got that good sore muscle feeling!

Abby
Old 12-14-2011, 12:57 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys,

I do exercises regularly. Today I have done yoga exercise that is my favorite one exercise.
Yoga is very effective for the health, it prevents me from many diseases and improve my stamina. I do yoga daily for 30 minutes which is the proper time for the exercise.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

Finally found some motivation this morning and went for a 5am run
It was brisk 30* and ran for an hour which was almost a 7 mile run- I feel great and ready for the rest of the day.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:12 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken
Just about to head out for a power clean / front squat ramp session!
Hey Nik, nice to see you. What does your ramp look like? I have grown to totally love power cleans. Once I got the movement down it is so cool to be able to throw that weight up on the shoulders

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Good luck with that TandooriChicken,

LuciousL - you may have good relaxed muscles at the start of a session and tighten as exercising.

Yesterday I thought I was getting a cold, so stayed in bed instead of spinning, some sniffles materialized, but nothing debilitating. So, today it was a fast mile, then weights - when I set up this current routine I thought it wouldn't be challenging - I was wrong, got that good sore muscle feeling!

Abby
I agree luscious, you may be starting out loose and relaxed, but as you get tired, your shoulder and neck may start to tighten up. It happens to a lot of us. Like Abby recommended, keep checking in with your upper body and push those shoulders down and swing your arms around a bit. It can't hurt, even if it isn't the cause of your headaches. The other thought is are you running in cold weather? I occassionally get a head ache from aerobic activity in the cold. For me, the only thing to do is slow down some to lower the heart rate.

Good job Abby, glad the sniffle was a passing thing. Certainly one of the best benefits of being fit is that your body is better able to fight off those nasty bugs. But it was probably a good idea to take it easy for a day or so.

Originally Posted by Edan125
Hey guys,

I do exercises regularly. Today I have done yoga exercise that is my favorite one exercise.
Yoga is very effective for the health, it prevents me from many diseases and improve my stamina. I do yoga daily for 30 minutes which is the proper time for the exercise.
Welcome Edan,
Hope to see you in future posts.

Originally Posted by sw07
Finally found some motivation this morning and went for a 5am run
It was brisk 30* and ran for an hour which was almost a 7 mile run- I feel great and ready for the rest of the day.

Yeah! Dark AM is a tough time to start a run . You must be feeling motivated.

Me? I've been a bit AWOL because of work, but I managed to get my crossfit in. Oddly, it wasn't very challenging. I guess I should have gone for heavier weights, but I have to admit I just didn't have much gumption yesterday. Tonight is yoga and given the time of year it is likely that I will be the only one in class tonight, which means I get to select the emphasis. I am thinking twists and binds. Really good for releasing tension in the back and neck - something I can use right about now.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:39 PM
FitDay Member

I haven't ran if five days now... just not into it. So much going on at work and home these days. Still going for a 45 minute fast walk every night, just no running
Old 12-14-2011, 11:49 PM
FitDay Member

Not Yet, you can say i don't have the addiction of this. But i know this is not the way, Without exercise you will be a dull person

Please review the FitDay Forum Rules

Last edited by VitoVino; 12-19-2011 at 12:53 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

Good work SW – a 7 mile run is impressive – I was running at that rate for part of my run today, but certainly didn’t make it an hour!

Pam and Nik – can you tell me about Power Cleans and Ramps? I thought this had something to do with keeping your ADA access from growing mold.

Pam – lacking gumption is permissible – if you get to Cross Fit you’re well ahead of most! Likewise Wayne, 45 minute walk will do lots for you.

Haree – so you’re another 4 poster.

For me it was a good strong run, I set the time for 40 minues, and the speed to 7 MPH (8.34 minute mile) – slowed down to 10 minute mile for a little while but made my 5 K in 28.45. Then I had to stop due to blister, so I moved to an elliptical.
Never enjoyed stretching more!
Old 12-15-2011, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

I do 25 mins work out to Cathy Smith ( I think her name is) 3-4 days a week on my lunch. Then try to get 2-4 work outs in during the week at the gym... but I have been lazy lately. Must be the weather. I am getting my lunch work outs in but not my night ones. Once I get home I am EXHAUSTED supper is even a challenge! Anytips on how to boost my energy!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Hey Nik, nice to see you. What does your ramp look like? I have grown to totally love power cleans. Once I got the movement down it is so cool to be able to throw that weight up on the shoulders
Hi Pam! I did a reverse ramp - 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps, starting at about 85# and ending at 115#. I ended up not squatting at all because the cleans left me so winded!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.