Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 12-09-2011, 09:39 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Oh mince pies!!! I haven't had one in many, many years. And hadn't even thought of them until you brought it up. My great aunt used to make them, but I don't even see them in shops anymore.

I guess if I want one I'll have to take a stab at making it myself. I know you used to be able to get canned mince, but I don't even know if I can find that now.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:25 PM
FitDay Member

I love the smell of mincemeat pies. I usually make them in tart shells as most of my family don"t eat them and I can freeze the extras. 4 - 6 inches of snow on the ground here. Snowblowing will get me 20 minutes of exercise. I want to walk the Christmas Lights in town with grandkids tonight. May dig out my cross country skis tomorrow if the snow stays. Mary
Old 12-10-2011, 09:34 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all,

I recently rejoined Fitday after a 7 year absence.
Last year I took up running, worked my way through a sort of couch to 5K program, ran a 5K 6 months ago in 38 or 39 minutes (there was only one girl finishing after me, which was my goal, not to finish last)
Then stopped for a couple of months and recently took it up again.

I havent exercised today, the plan is to go for a run tomorrow.

Will be back later to report on it
Old 12-10-2011, 09:49 PM
FitDay Member

just trying out to see if the adding a sig worked
Old 12-10-2011, 11:19 PM
FitDay Member

Pam, if you're serious about wanting to cook mince, PM me for my mother in law's recipe, it's superb, although Almorels sounds great with apricots.

Mary, sounds amazing with the walks in the snow.

Welcome LusiousL

Yesterday we put up a tree, cold wandering around lots can't count as working out. Today will be the walk to church - have to dress warm and keep moving!

Celebrate the day!

Abby
Old 12-11-2011, 02:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by lusciousL
just trying out to see if the adding a sig worked
Welcome!
Your plan sounds great! perfect even.

I most certainly did exercise yesterday! Olympic lifting for 1.5 hour. No new PRs, but definitely improving the skills. O-lifting is so much about the technique. When you get the technique right you can throw a lot more weight overhead. Then did the WOD, uggg wall balls 20reps x 4 rounds with kettleball swings and broad jumps (double ugg). Then went to a special yoga training session on using ropes to improve form and pose. It wasn't very strenuous and actually ended up being kind of invigorating, but I was done for the night once I got home.

Needless to say... no running for me today.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 12-12-2011, 12:10 AM
FitDay Member

Run then weights today, worked hard, but feel ready to take on the day!
Old 12-13-2011, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

good for you dear abby

Thanx for the encouragement Pam

Today I went out for a walk run walk session, I did my usual warming up of 15 minutes and then a round of 5K with 10 minutes running (well, jogging) and 5 minutes walking. I wasnt feeling like running non stop today. Took me exactly 50 minutes to finish so not very bad.

Somehow a headache creeps up on my when I run, I've tried to rule out dehydration, the light (am light sensitive, in summer I always wear sunglasses or I'll get an instant headache) so what is left is that theres no forest floor to run on near my area but only bicycle roads of asfalt. Maybe the pounding...?

If anyone has another idea how to avoid coming home with a headache after a run plz tell me

For the next few weeks I'll try to stick with 3 times a week, I'm not sure whether to work on distance first or work towards going for a run 4 times a week.

Thoughts on that are appreciated as well
Old 12-13-2011, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Nice work Lucious -

A few thoughts on your headaches - as you've noted, dehydration is the first suspect, and you may need more water than you think.

Do you get your heart beating fast and hard suddenly? That might cause something in your temple to tighten up (not a medical answer, but I know a lot about headaches, from experience). I've been treated with caffeine (of all things!) for that - if you have coffee before hand, it may help with constriction issues. Caffeine can also cause headaches, so you can't win.

Finally, are you tensing muscles? Check in with each muscle ("how are you doing left shoulder? Feeling Ok?") - use your running / jogging time to feel all the parts of your body, you may be adding tension where you don't know it.

Of course, headaches can be a sign of something serious, you should be sure to seek appropriate medical care...

Abby
Old 12-13-2011, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

Thanx for your reply Abby, the muscle tension is a good one, since tight muscles in the neck/ shoulders/ upper back area can also create headache.

I thought I was loosening up the muscles with my warming-up exercises but maybe that is not enough.

About the coffee, yes that definitely goes two ways in my experience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.