Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 12-08-2011, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

Nice work Pam, can't believe those X Fit people skip the run, thats when you get to have fun. Yes, I am planning to do another race, there actually is one this Sunday, which I'd love to do, but won't for two reasons, 1) today is our first cold day, it will be worse and 2) a meeting was rescheduled for this Sunday so I could attend, guess I should make it!

Tori, hope you're recovering - they are about to start an AM boot camp at the Y, so I'll be commisserating with you soon.

Today I woke up thinking - "long run day". I used a treadmill with a 5 K program, which took me just about 26 minutes, I considered buying another round for the whole row of treadmills, but instead, just punchned in 10 minutes more and 1.2 miles more.

Feel great!

Abby
Old 12-08-2011, 04:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Nice work Pam, can't believe those X Fit people skip the run, thats when you get to have fun. Yes, I am planning to do another race, there actually is one this Sunday, which I'd love to do, but won't for two reasons, 1) today is our first cold day, it will be worse and 2) a meeting was rescheduled for this Sunday so I could attend, guess I should make it!

Tori, hope you're recovering - they are about to start an AM boot camp at the Y, so I'll be commisserating with you soon.

Today I woke up thinking - "long run day". I used a treadmill with a 5 K program, which took me just about 26 minutes, I considered buying another round for the whole row of treadmills, but instead, just punchned in 10 minutes more and 1.2 miles more.

Feel great!

Abby
Tori, some how sore muscles can actually feel great Enjoy yoga. You've got a great fitness program going on!

Abby 5K in 26 min - awesome! Yup you are race ready, sorry to see that you won't be able to do a race this weekend, but really happy to see that you're keeping your eyes out for upcoming races.

ARRG the WOD included double unders (jump rope - 2 passes of the rope for each jump). I just can't seem to master them. It is all about coordination and some speed and I just can't seem to get it to fall into place . This is one skill I should really work on at home.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:49 AM
FitDay Member

I've been a slug for the last couple of weeks....the combination of shortened daylight hours and freezing morning temps have kept me in bed until I absolutely have to get up for work
I was able to get in a nice long run last Saturday (7.5 miles) and I signed up for my last 5k of the year for this upcoming Saturday (12/10).
Ugh, I gotta get out of this funk....being a slug is way to easy to
Old 12-08-2011, 10:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by sw07
I've been a slug for the last couple of weeks....the combination of shortened daylight hours and freezing morning temps have kept me in bed until I absolutely have to get up for work
I was able to get in a nice long run last Saturday (7.5 miles) and I signed up for my last 5k of the year for this upcoming Saturday (12/10).
Ugh, I gotta get out of this funk....being a slug is way to easy to
OK, SW here ya go: SNAP OUT OF IT! PEOPLE IN WISCONSIN ARE STILL RUNNING, SACRAMENTO IS THE BAHAMAS COMPARED TO WISCONSIN.

(Hope that helped )
Old 12-08-2011, 12:00 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the Laugh Pam I needed it. I'm in slug mode too and need to get out of it. Too much dark, too much stress, too much food Yuk!! Wisconcin and my part of Ontario share the same weather. Tonight I did force myself pout for a short mental health walk. I'll be back with bells on - and hopefully sneakers. Mary
Old 12-09-2011, 12:08 AM
FitDay Member

OK Slugs, start slithering - even slugs move around a lot!

Mary, both bells and sneakers – we have a Jingle Bell Run through downtown in Boston.

Good to see you posting SW – I’ve missed you. That 5K will be a good kick.

Pam, I will always run in fear from a jump rope!

My legs were tired from my run yesterday, then we did serious strength work in Spin this morning, I can walk barely. I finished up with 20 cruches on the incline bench, and 8 captain’s chair leg lifts. Ready to rumble!
Old 12-09-2011, 02:22 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Mary, both bells and sneakers – we have a Jingle Bell Run through downtown in Boston.

Pam, I will always run in fear from a jump rope!

My legs were tired from my run yesterday, then we did serious strength work in Spin this morning, I can walk barely. I finished up with 20 cruches on the incline bench, and 8 captain’s chair leg lifts. Ready to rumble!
Good one Abby; even slugs move around .
I suspect you are ready to tackle the dreaded jump rope, however. It really is a great exercise. A spin class after a 5K sounds like leg torture to me, I am impressed. No wonder you are having trouble walking . So what's a captains chair leg lift?

Mary, Mary, quite contrary: we miss you. Glad you got a walk in. Why is it that when we need the benefits of exercise the most, we seem to get it the least. I have to admit, I too would tend to hibernate in your climate: cold and dark, but there are always lights on at the Y

Good luck with your race SW

And how are all the other's doing???
Old 12-09-2011, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
So what's a captains chair leg lift?
I guess it's called a captain's chair knee raise - the Captain's chair is basically two handles with arm rests and a back, high up (shoulder level), you climb up, your feet dangle, and then you lift your knees. (not as high as the person in this video!)
http://www.mytrainerfitness.com My Gym Trainer 1 - Captain's Chair Knee Raise - YouTube

You really feel it in the lower core!

Abby
Old 12-09-2011, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
OK, SW here ya go: SNAP OUT OF IT! PEOPLE IN WISCONSIN ARE STILL RUNNING, SACRAMENTO IS THE BAHAMAS COMPARED TO WISCONSIN.

(Hope that helped )
Lols....ya, I know it can be way worse, I just feel like my motivation has been sapped outa me and the cold & dark mornings aren't too inviting.

Awww...thanks.

This 5k race is flat & fast and it's for the local Police Athletic League and it's also a toy drive- should be fun, it was last year.
However,after the race I've got a funeral to go to, so it's gonna be a weird day
Old 12-09-2011, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

I did my usual two half hour brisk walks today. It was sunny though still windy and really quite pleasant. I took my camera but didn't have time to stop and take photographs

I rather dented my good efforts when I succumbed to three home made mince pies this afternoon though. Having cooked the apricot and cherry mincemeat yesterday morning and made shortcrust pastry this afternoon, I had to make four dozen mince pies for our Open Day in the shop tomorrow for Christmas shopping Saturday special.

Hubby is hoping that we don't get too many come because then he'll just HAVE to eat the remaining mince pies

Since we're open 10am till 6pm tomorrow, I'll probably only get in a morning walk because it will be very dark by 6pm and there are no street lights in our rural area. So I don't like walking in the dark.

Hopefully we'll have lots of customers and I'll be kept busy running around though I'll just have to stay away from those mince pies .....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.