Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 12-05-2011, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Pam, Wayne and Abby.

I walked for thirty minutes this morning and again this afternoon. We're in a flow of strong north westerlies laden with heavy squalls here in the UK so it's a matter of dodging the soaking downpours. I made it with a minute to spare this morning! Glad I had my thermal gloves and hat though because this damp windy weather really chills you to the bone.

This evening I'm off to my first Pilates class - a little nervous but positive
Old 12-05-2011, 06:32 AM
FitDay Member

20 minutes punch bag
1 hour 50 minute walk
20 minute free weights - 3 circuits
Old 12-05-2011, 02:42 PM
FitDay Member

been a while since I've checked in, but I have been exercising....Friday night was a powerwalk before it got too dark to see and Sat/Sun were no go's as I was feeling a bit under the weather. Tonight was Zumba and tomorrow is yoga, followed by bootcamp on Wednesday, or as I call it 'death by cardio'
Old 12-05-2011, 03:47 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the encouragement! Seems like a lot of us have been getting crappy weather, I think this is just where the motivation kicks in. I know I feel quite proud when I push myself to go walking on such days. As for the shins, they're much better. Tiny bit store, still, but I'm sure that'll be completely gone by tomorrow. Sticking to the bike + swim though but maybe wednesday I'll go walking instead. Good luck all, keep on walking, running, and zumba(ing)!!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:47 PM
FitDay Member

I'm a little stiff after my Pilates class yesterday. It's actually Fitness Pilates and was done to heavy beat disco type music at a fairly cracking pace. This made it more difficult for me to follow because I was trying to learn the movements even as everyone else was doing them. But I didn't disgrace myself and the instructor said I'd done a lot better than she'd expected given my history of sciatica and back problems.

Next class isn't until January 9th 2012 so I'll be using my Lyn Robinson Body Control Pilates DVD and probably my Callanetics DVD too in the meantime

I went for a (less brisk than usual) walk this morning because my muscles were a bit stiff and it took longer to loosen them up. Still thirty minutes though and I dodged the heavy downpours too
Old 12-06-2011, 12:17 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, nice turn out today!

Ah Pam, when you don’t get a run in you make me feel slightly better for my lapses! Sorry you couldn’t do your race.

Armorel – thirty minutes twice? Then add some pliates - You’re cranking - Good Work!

Monkey Dave, sounds like an intense day – good to see you posting
Tori, you are cranking – Zumba can be loads of fun !

Fit4mee – when personal motivation is lacking, community can help, we can push you!

Spinning class for me today pretty intense strength ride, followed by 20 crunches on the decline bench and some squat press.
Stay strong!
Abby
Old 12-06-2011, 01:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Well done everyone. So nice to see you all reporting in! Personally, I like feeling a little sore, lets me know I pushed the envelope,

Today's X-Fit is a 5K run - yahooo! We don't usually run more that 400m, which certainly has its benefits, especially when interspersed with weights, but every once in a while the coachs like to insert a longer run. I suspect many of my gym-mates will be groaning, but this is just the workout I need today - yippee!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:59 PM
FitDay Member

Pam, I'm not sure you can count a 5K as a workout - I can, anyone else can, but for you isn't that like counting "walked to the coffee maker"? Only kidding, you are a model for us all! You probably did it twice

Today was a nice fast mile run, then weights - I feel pretty inspired at this point -

Abby
Old 12-07-2011, 12:15 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Pam, I'm not sure you can count a 5K as a workout - I can, anyone else can, but for you isn't that like counting "walked to the coffee maker"? Only kidding, you are a model for us all! You probably did it twice

Today was a nice fast mile run, then weights - I feel pretty inspired at this point -

Abby
You make me laugh Abby

Actually it did end up being a great workout as I ran it pretty darn fast. The course was an out and back, or more accurately and up and down. Nothing very steep but it was constant. I ran up 1.5 miles at 8:20 min/mile and back down at 7:54 min/mile . But the sad thing was, as I suspected, all of my X-fit buddies saw that the WOD was a run and skipped it! Really! come on everyone, running is important to our fitness.

So Abby, I know it is colder that a witch's *** there right now, but do you have any thought of running a race come spring? I bet you would improve your time by a huge margin.

I got to go out in the field to set up some air quality samplers at the Mt. Palomar observatory today. Not exactly a workout but it was great to get outdoors and in the mountains. The air was a little nippy for my thin SoCal blood but invigorating. Yoga tonight!

How did everyone else do today?
Old 12-07-2011, 02:42 PM
FitDay Member

got my cardio on tonight with bootcamp. It wasn't as bad as last week, but I'm sure I'll still feel it in the morning.

Yoga tomorrow night to soothe some tired muscles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.