Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 11-02-2011, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Elliote, and welcome back Pam and Mary, I was feeling very self absorbed for a few days there!

Mary, the November blues are very real for many people - and at this point, I'm prescribing a good workout as the cure for anything!

Pam, sounds like a good cross fit - great to push those boundaries!

For me it was a weight day - I moved up to 15 lbs after I did a set of 20 reps on my squat press move - my next two sets were 15 reps at 15 lbs (dumbells, each hand) - hard fought reps each one. I felt good about my warm up run too - got in a good fast mile.

Ready to face what the day brings!
Old 11-02-2011, 07:39 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Nice run today - I'm race ready. I am getting my 9 min miles in training, and the race course is quite similar to my weekday run.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

Not much exercise today although I get get to be a good grandmother and take my granddaughter to work with me. It was Take your Kid to Work Day and she had no desire to spend it at school -- both her parents are teachers. I did manage to get out in the sunshine and took out one of my windows to clean - and put a "stained Glass" film on. I'm playing hookey from work the next two days so I'll try to be active. Mary
Old 11-03-2011, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

Mary, I'd say in terms of priority setting, good grandmother is more important than one more workout - and probably does a lot of good for your Novembers.

Pam, you continue to impress me - I'll be rooting you on in the race!

For me, it was an awesome run - I went for 47 minutes, and did 5.04 miles - the last two minutes were slow, the rest fast for me, and got some incline in. It wasn't very long ago when a ten minute mile was something I fantasized about doing one day.

One of my gym friends who is working very hard on a special pre-diabetics program that the Y runs hopped on a bike near me, and we rooted each other on.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:08 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, a powerful spin class - right at the border of my ability, followed by crunches.

It's been a good week, I've eaten carefully, and got five mornings at the gym - hope I keep it for the weekend....

Have fun today!
Old 11-04-2011, 03:13 AM
FitDay Premium Member

You're posting earlier than usual Abby!

Yesterday was great. The WO was more endurance than strength with a run thrown in for good measure. Since endurance is my thing, I am usually at the top of the leader board in time to completion, and that was certainly true yesterday.

No heavy WO today, just a nice mellow yoga class tonight.

Keep up the good work everyone - including the lurkers
Old 11-04-2011, 09:43 AM
FitDay Member

I made it to my Y program. I'm going to try mixing cardio inbetween my weight sets. If it doesn't kill me it will make me strong right? What I need is to get into a routine of going 3 times a week. At least I got back there today - I'm not sure why I'm finding it so hard - I enjoy it once I'm there. Have a great active weekend. Mary
Old 11-06-2011, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

Went for a run this morning along the river trails, a beautiful fall morning with a slight crispness in the air. A very relaxing & peaceful run and didn't even notice how far I was running until I mapped it when I got home- did 8 miles felt great!
Old 11-06-2011, 09:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Did a 6 miler with lots of hills on one of my favorite trails - Santa Rosa Plateau. I took a new running buddy who had not run there before so it was fun showing him around.

There is almost always some adventure when I run out there. This morning it was rain. The last 1.5 miles it was raining pretty hard. Not too much of a problem as long as we kept running, but on the cool down walk back to the car both of us got pretty chilly.

Last major run before the race next week, but I'll have lots of physical activity at the mountain house next week, so it isn't likely I turn into a couch potato.

Have a peaceful Sunday all!
Old 11-06-2011, 11:24 AM
FitDay Member

Had a good day of exercise. Went for a walk this morning - more for my mental health then physical exercise, however it was a beautiful day to be out. This afternoon went for a 10K bike ride. Felt good. Mary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.