Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 10-24-2011, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default Exercise start!

I bought a stationary recumbent bike and started today. I've toyed w/ it the past month but it's Monday & a perfect day to begin consistant excercise.
Will add in upper body free weights later today
Have a good day!
Old 10-24-2011, 11:55 PM
FitDay Member

Mary, can’t wait to see your report!

Barlana, a start is always exciting, but even more exciting is the third day – when you realize “hey, I can keep with this” – start at a pace where you find yourself looking forward to it, not dreading it! And, keep posting here, we’ll root you on, and its odd, but that helps.

This was a mellow, but not decadent weekend, I spent time in Maine with my family – I have two perfect nephews (named after mountains !) – they used to require a lot of chasing, now they are more independent so that exercise is lost, but I did get a beautiful long walk with my father – slower than aerobic, but very pleasant.

Today I had spinning, tried not to hoard energy, putting challenges every step, but had to cut gears back at the end – still a good class!
This is the day we have, let’s celebrate it!
Abby
Old 10-26-2011, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

Today was weight training, I've gotten pretty good at the squat press move, talked to a trainer about upping the weight there. I feel pretty strong and ready for the world today, the question is, is the world ready for me?

Abby
Old 10-27-2011, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Long run, it must be Thursday...

I got 45 good minutes, doing elevation intervals for the first ten, then flat - I got 4.6 miles, and a good deal of sweat.

Have a good day everyone!

Abby
Old 10-28-2011, 12:07 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Lurkers - get out and be workers!

I had a great spin class today - but an odd remark at the end - the instructor said "I think you're getting better" - that's nice, but I thought I'd been pretty good all along!
Old 10-30-2011, 06:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Been off for almost a week...

... due to a conference in RI. Actually I kinda needed the rest. So it is Sunday and back to the routine tomorrow.

Abby your strength training is going great! I have grown to really love squats. Even though it seems like it would just be an thigh and butt exercise, it really does work the whole body. Keep it up, and I definitely support you going heavier, if your trainer agrees.

And yeah, you lurkers... let's see the work!
Old 10-31-2011, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default Better than Prozac

Hi Pam, great to see you back - I hope you enjoyed my coast, and got out before the storms Saturday night. That was odd, my weekend exercise was snow shoveling - I have never used a shovel before a rake!

Today I didn't want to exercise, but the desk clerk at the Y has been playing a game with me saying "I'll see you Monday", and "I missed you yesterday". I actually got out of bed thinking "she'll be looking for me". I felt blue all the way downtown, considering how I could get out of work, responsibility, the sorry state of the world... I dragged out of the locker room and onto a treadmill to warm up before free weights, two minutes in, my depression was gone, my motions were all that mattered, it was really amazing, I want to sell it to everyone now!

Great lifting, I did go up to 15 lbs for one set of squat press!

Some pain in my left shoulder on pec flies - It occurs that that shoulder may be messed up by the heavy bags I carry on that side...

Have a great day all of you!

Abby
Old 11-01-2011, 12:26 AM
FitDay Member

Our instructor began today's Spin class with a threat "it's going to be grueling, and push you to the limit of strength" I considered leaving then but stuck with it, hitting the middle gears of each portion, proudly keeping my RPMs up. I had a little energy and time after the end of class, so hit the elliptical.

Have fun today

Abby
Old 11-01-2011, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

I'm back, ready to go for November. I plan on making an appountment with my trainer at the Y to see what I can add new to get me going more. November is always a bad month for me so I want to tackle it head on with a plan. My renoman is gone so I can enjoy my mornings without thinking I need to be up and ready to leave by 8:30. I put my bike away for halloween but I think I'll get it back out today.

I plan to log in daily with wonderful activities I'm using to fight the shortening days blues. Dec 21st it all turns around. Mary
Old 11-01-2011, 06:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Good planning Mary!
Although it can be a little hard to get motivated, nothing seems to offset the fall to winter doldrums like building up a good sweat. Not too mention the social interactions at the gym. I could certainly do most of the exercises, weights, and runs scheduled by my CrossFit gym (they post them daily) but having people around to bitch, grunt, and groan with makes all the difference to me.

Speaking of which, CrossFit this morning. No strength training which I was a bit bummed about, but the WO was excellent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.