Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 10-13-2011, 12:14 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the encouragement Mary, it does help to have people to check in with!

Today, I redeemed myself - I decided it was going to be long. I forced myself to not go too fast at the start, and I kept up a steady pace for 50 minutes, running 5.12 miles. I'm pretty sure this is a personal best for distance. Felt great!

Abby
Old 10-13-2011, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

Well done. I was a slacker on exercise yesterday - blame it on the rain and trying to resolve computer problems. I should get to the Y today. Mary
Old 10-13-2011, 06:08 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Thanks for the encouragement Mary, it does help to have people to check in with!

Today, I redeemed myself - I decided it was going to be long. I forced myself to not go too fast at the start, and I kept up a steady pace for 50 minutes, running 5.12 miles. I'm pretty sure this is a personal best for distance. Felt great!

Abby
Great job Abby! Everyone needs a couple days off now and again.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:47 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Pam, and Mary - I'm looking forward to reading that you went to the Y....

Today I did make Spin Class - I have to get up 15 minutes earlier to get to gym at 6 - that 15 minutes seems to be at a key point in my sleep cycle, it's hard to get out of bed, when normally I'm saying "Hooray for the New Day". I wasn't at my most powerful, but I kept moving hard through the class, and closed with some crunches.

Have a great weekend all, I'm going to misbehave.

Abby
Old 10-14-2011, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry No Y visit yesterday. I'm focusing on getting my calorie count strict and under 1500. I've been doing well on that, however exercise has been suffering this week. I'm still putting up with renovations which seem to lead to a new problem every day. I suppose I should use exercise to relieve the stress. I'm going to the house where I grew up for tonight and if the weather permits I'd love to do a long walk tomorrow. My brother still lives there. I thought of taking my bike to see how I do with the hills we used to have to go up to school.

Have a great weekend. I hope to have fun without overeating. Mary
Old 10-16-2011, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Got in a 2 hour plus hike today. Should count extra as 1/2 of it was on a closed trail. Not sure why it was closed, was a little muddy but nothing deadly. Eating well so Monday should be a good weight in. Mary
Old 10-17-2011, 05:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Had a great weekend!
Saturday was a CrossFit workout that started with an hour of power lifting techique work on "power cleans" - new PR of 80lbs. And Sunday, a buddy talked me into a fun 5.5 mile run. I was going to take the day off after such a hard workout on Sat, but I am glad he convinced me to join him.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

It's great when you have friends that motivate you for extra exercise isn't it. I was going to skip curling this winter but my friends are going so I signed up. It can be hard to go back out in the snow however I will feel better for joining. Mary
Old 10-17-2011, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, curling Mary - (I don't think you mean hair!) - my brother in law in Minnesota does that, it seems intense.

Nothing like getting outside in this time of year, congratulations both Mary and Pam for finding ways to do that.

For me, it was a spin class this morning, and it had the wrong effect, I want to sleep now!

Abby
Old 10-18-2011, 03:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
For me, it was a spin class this morning, and it had the wrong effect, I want to sleep now!

Abby

Yeah, that happens sometimes .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.