Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 10-06-2011, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Well, there are 2 kind of persimmons.
1. Shape like a plum tomato, you need to wait until it very ripe.
2. Shape like a squash circle (you have a round meat ball, and smash it down with your 2 hand) Those call crunchy kind. You can eat it when it still hard. You have to peel it and wash out the sticky stuff. This kind have a very different taste and texture.
I love them both. My husband didn't like them. He call them tomato.
Pam, have you try dry persimmons? they are fantastic.
Mai
Old 10-06-2011, 11:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default dried persimmons

No I haven't tried them, but would love to. Do you dry them yourself or can you find them in a store?

Thanks for the details on the 2 types. I remembered there were 2 types one has to be eaten ripe - but I couldn't remember the details, so thanks so much for filling them in.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks guys!

When I had googed them that is what I thought but my neighbor said he thought it looked similar to the Kaki () one BUT these ones have a "double butt" lol, on the bottom.

I hate to cut it open and waste if it's not ripe enough.

I guess I just need to knock on the door of that house to say "Hi, I'm vabeachgirlNYC and I was wondering what those fruit trees were because I stole one and don't know what to do with it" Haha!

Here's a pic of the bottom.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, You con buy at the store.

VAbeachgirl, are you talking about the persimmons? or something else?
Old 10-10-2011, 08:19 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Nice 6 miler

at 5000' elevation. Perfect conditions.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:27 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds good Pam. I went for a short bike ride today. Enjoyed a longer seadoo ride oin the bay, not as good a physical exercise but wonderful weather and leaves to look at. Also did 3 hours of housework which should have burned a few calories. One more day of this great weather according to the weatherman. Mary
Old 10-11-2011, 12:20 PM
FitDay Member

Yeah!!! My bike is finally set where I like it. That's the problem when you get something repaired - it's hard to get it back where you like it! The brakes were way to tight - it was like riding with them 1/4 on. Went for a long ride today after lossening them -- yes I still have brakes. Mary
Old 10-11-2011, 02:16 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Good job Mary. Biking isn't any fun when you are uncomfortable with the working gear.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

Columbus day weekend found me to be a real slouch - I was on airplanes for a long day on Thursday, to tired on Friday then a three day limocine (it means sluglike, useful word) event. So, no excuse for not making Spin Class on Tuesday - except I let the depressive energy be in charge - I would have felt much better had I gone, instead I lolled and felt bad.

Today I did make it, and it is a new day and a new start. I hit the weights hard, ran hard, and did more reps on my big set.

I've worked too hard to get here, to let it fall into easy habits.

Abby
Old 10-12-2011, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

Good for getting back on track Abby. One of the things I like best about fitday support and plan is that it is not all or nothing. Getting back into the plan is so important.

Way too many times I've allowed a couple bad days to derail me. Have a great day. Looks like a day to cut grass and ride my bike before the rain starts. Mary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.