Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 09-02-2011, 05:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
For me, it was a glorious warm up on the dreadmill, followed by "the Ryan Workout", seems like my rep count for some moves is going up before exhaustion.
If the reps are building, so are your muscles - great work Abby
Old 09-07-2011, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Yup - one nice fast mile on the treadmilll, then the Ryan workout, Ryan came to correct my form on bent over flies, and my pecs are killing me. Somehow I want to impress him, his "good job" means a lot to me!

Abby
Old 09-07-2011, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Yes I did. P90X, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps and Ab Ripper X. Started my 3rd round of it last Sunday so am now in week 2. Am doing a combo program mixing P90X with Turbo Fire for 12 weeks. Have really weird hours at work this week so getting my workout in has required much planning and scheming with my time. Usually I get up first thing and Just Do It.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:14 AM
FitDay Member

Nice to see you here 50LindaT - keep on just doing it, and it gets hard to stop.

Was tempted to stay in bed and listen to the rain today, but got myeslf out, and to the Y where I did 45 minutes on the Wave (sort of elliptical) - I didn't do my best work, not as hard as I sometimes make it go, but had a fun chat with an old friend.

Have a great day!

Abby
Old 09-08-2011, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default I walked today

Today was the first day of my daily walking program, I didn't do near as good as you did but I am just starting off. So I did my first 1/2 hr. brisk walk this morning. It felt so good to do. Yesterday I started my aerobics program. I can't wait til I'm doing 3.5 mile walks a day. I have such a sluggish metabolism I need all the exercise I can do. Thinking of doing another 1/2 hr. walk this afternoon, it adds up, right?

Sheri

Originally Posted by bettmrr
Hey there,

While browsing the threads today I spotted this one from aug 2010 thought it may be good to get it up and RUNNING again.

I try to workout most days and I'm very proud of myself when I do! I feel our efforts deserve to be recognised.
Alas this is not the most interesting topic for social interactions and I fear i'd have no friends left if I was to go on about it with them.

So we can use this spot to;
-give urself a well deserved pat on the back (or not as the case may be);
-get motivated when ur feeling less energetic;
-Own up when you've phoned it in or been lazy
-share tips and rate workouts.

I am a home exerciser for the most part. So far today I've done a 3.5mile walk but I plan to do more when I get home from work.

Anyone else care to share?
Old 09-08-2011, 09:05 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thumbs up Boy did I exercise

We have a place up in the Eastern Sierra's at about 7000 feet. ("Home" is in So. Calif at about 1000 feet, 60 miles east of LA). Both DH and I are very fortunate, in that our jobs are pretty portable, so we get up to the place for about a week or so every month. Sometimes the week is devoted to house projects and sometimes to entertaining and activites.

This week as all about friends and activites:
Fri: Landscaping projects
Sat: 20 mile mountain bike at Mammoth Mt. Ski area
Sun: 12 mile hike relatively flat, but at 8500 feet
Mon: 5 mile backpack with a 2800 foot climb and 40lb backpack. Camped at 10,000 feet elevation
Tues: 6 mile, round trip, dayhike (no big packs, just water and fishing gear) to about the most beautiful lake we have ever seen
Wed: 5 mile backpack out. The weight was less, but the trail was like walking down 4 miles of steep staris.
Thurs: Landscaping projects - but with modest goals. .

Whew!
Old 09-08-2011, 01:06 PM
FitDay Member

Sound awesome Pam. I wish we could do some thing like that. Maybe when the kids off to college. Hopefully my husband and I still strong, and healthy to do it.
mai
Old 09-09-2011, 12:06 AM
FitDay Member

Mai, the work you're doing now makes it likely you can have that healthy time after the next empties!

I did exercise 'did the Ryan' (weight workout after a mile run) with greatly improved form on my bent over flies, and those pecs are making little "you worked me today" sounds!

Have a great diay
Old 09-09-2011, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Only just seen this thread and as exercise is a big part of my weight loss strategy I thought I would post what I have done this week.
Monday - 2 hours (2 seperate sessions) of aqua zumba
Tuesday - 10 mins cross trainer, 20 mins cycling, 15 mins treadmill, 1 hour of yoga
Wednesday - 50 mins swimming
Thursday - 10 mins cross trainer, 20 mins cycling, 10 mins treadmill, 10 mins rowing
Friday - 50 mins swimming
Old 09-09-2011, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Diane - sounds like you've got a great routine going! Keep it up, and keep us posted, its really fun to celebrate together.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.