Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 08-18-2011, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
SW and MAI I thought of you as I ran today, it was a prefect morning, the sun was coming up, so much in bloom, and I ran a fun hilly course, about 3 miles.
Today, one beautiful run.

Abby
Awesome! I knocked out almost 8 miles after work yesterday and it felt amazing! Didn't even notice the 96* temps....and I don't really even feel sore today.
Did a quick run with my dog around the park this morning.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, what a great trip you have. Sound really fun.

Abby, Isn't it great to run in the morning. Especially, in the fall, when the air is crisp and you get a little chill when you get out but then you warm up and really enjoy it effortlessly

SW, You did it so well. look at your record. It inspired me to sign up for a race.
Oct 2 is my first 10 K. I have run, the longest is 10 miles in the past but I have not been in any race so this is my 1st race. I gotta train for it.
Mai
Old 08-18-2011, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lastri
SW, You did it so well. look at your record. It inspired me to sign up for a race.
Oct 2 is my first 10 K. I have run, the longest is 10 miles in the past but I have not been in any race so this is my 1st race. I gotta train for it.
Mai
Mai,
SW had the same effect on me - and I have been surfing races in my area - certainly not going to try a 10K for my first one - you are brave. But, there is a nice looking 5K on Sepbember 17th - I think I'll do it!

Abby
Old 08-18-2011, 06:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Awesome Mai!

Pam, what a great trip you have. Sound really fun.

Abby, Isn't it great to run in the morning. Especially, in the fall, when the air is crisp and you get a little chill when you get out but then you warm up and really enjoy it effortlessly

Mai
Keep us posted on how your training is going. Remember consistent workouts are better than exhausting runs, especially for avoiding over use injuries. SW can fill you in on those . As can I.

I really need to plan for a fall race. Both of my spring races ended up not happening for a variety of reasons. You've inspired me to get looking again!
Old 08-18-2011, 06:55 AM
FitDay Member

Mai
Originally Posted by dear_abby
Mai,
SW had the same effect on me - and I have been surfing races in my area - certainly not going to try a 10K for my first one - you are brave. But, there is a nice looking 5K on Sepbember 17th - I think I'll do it!
Abby
Awww...I had no idea That's awesome! And definitely listen to Pam about the injury part being hurt is no fun.
I've got 8 races planned from now till T-giving, I ultimately want to run a 1/2 marathon next March

Too bad everybody is so spread out, it would fun to have a Team Fitday compete in a run.

Last edited by sw07; 08-18-2011 at 06:57 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:09 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Team FitDay would be fabulous!

Originally Posted by sw07
Awww...I had no idea That's awesome! And definitely listen to Pam about the injury part being hurt is no fun.
I've got 8 races planned from now till T-giving, I ultimately want to run a 1/2 marathon next March

Too bad everybody is so spread out, it would fun to have a Team Fitday compete in a run.
There are a couple of other folks in the forums from CA. And I have always enjoy the excuse of a race to travel. Maybe we could all meet in the middle??? hmmm, but I think to accomdate Mai the middle may be Hawaii (if my feeble mind is working properly)
Old 08-19-2011, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
There are a couple of other folks in the forums from CA. And I have always enjoy the excuse of a race to travel. Maybe we could all meet in the middle??? hmmm, but I think to accomdate Mai the middle may be Hawaii (if my feeble mind is working properly)
Wouldn't that be nice. Hawaii is one of my favorite places. My husband looking for a position in Hawaii. Hopefully he will find it. Then the middle would be closer. LOL
Mai
Old 08-19-2011, 12:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sw07

8 races, wow that is quite ambitious for me. But you did very good though. 1/2 marathon, go for it SW. You already ran 8 miles the other day. Just a bit more time and training. You will be just fine.
Mai
Old 08-19-2011, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

calculating the middle to involve all of us wouldn't get anything as nice as Hawaii, I think North Dakota if both Mai and I count! (not that there is anything wrong with North Dakota).

But, let's do a virtual team Fitday - oh, maybe that's what we've already got

No workout today, I'm having terrible sleep with chest congestion, I've been waking up several times, and have to stand up to walk around coughing - I'm sleeping sitting up to keep lungs clear, but it's not enough. When does legitmate health issues cross line into excuse?

Abby
Old 08-19-2011, 02:12 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Actually N Dakota is sounding kinda nice given our 100 degree days lately.

That's right, Mai visited SE Asia, but doesn't live there!

Off on a run this morning. If is the first one in several weeks, so I've been looking forward to it. The morning is starting out with a pleasant marine layer which will keep it cool for another hour or so... so I better get my butt out the door.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.