Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 08-10-2011, 02:08 PM
FitDay Member

I have been doing 30 minutes a day for 3 days. My mind feel good. My muscles sore.
Mai
Old 08-15-2011, 04:11 AM
FitDay Member

3 miles this morning, feelgood.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Not unless you count laughing and lifting my wine glass. Mary
Quoted for comedy! Love that!!

I have a problem with exercise. I've managed to get in 15 min a day on the totalgym, and it's not like I'm sore or tired - I'm just EXTREMELY bored with it. The most exercise I've gotten is sexual activity - which counts,but doesn't burn as many calories as I need.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:27 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

Originally Posted by jma75
Quoted for comedy! Love that!!

I have a problem with exercise. I've managed to get in 15 min a day on the totalgym, and it's not like I'm sore or tired - I'm just EXTREMELY bored with it. The most exercise I've gotten is sexual activity - which counts,but doesn't burn as many calories as I need.
You must be kidding. So funny though. LOL
I had a friend, she thought that sexual activity would burn a lot of calories, like 800 cals/hour. I said, "If so I and my husband would not leave the bedroom". LOL
I know it is hard to exercise unless you find something that you like. I use to be so bore at the gym. But now i found it's kind of fun to run outside. Especially, early in the morning I enjoy bird's song, bunny, sunrise...It's beautiful.
Maybe you can find activities that you enjoy, you more likely to stick with it. Maybe find a friend? Just some thought.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hi JMA - I'd agree with Mai, finding something you enjoy will really get you doing it - but, once you start getting a little fit, it isn't boring, at least not for me, boring just doesn't happen when I'm wondering "can I do another minute? Sure you can, you can do anything for one minute".

Mai, isn't a morning run the greatest feel, I'm going to try for one tomorrow.

I've been missing for a week, I had a cold which made the idea of cardio horrible, today I got to the gym, and got 40 minutes on the Wave (Elliptical), but, can it be so? One week of sloth caused a 2" increase in my umbilical waist measure? The weight's not up much, but this seems too fast.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Mai, isn't a morning run the greatest feel, I'm going to try for one tomorrow.
+1 I did a 4 miler before work yesterday- one of the best ways to start your day.
On the flipside,I'm gonna hit the trails after work today, there's a couple of afternoon races coming up and I want to acclimate myself to running in the heat- it's supposed to be 94* by 5pm- woohoo!
Old 08-17-2011, 05:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Post vacation..

Hi All,
Got back last night from a 2 week vacation. First time in ages that I was totally unplugged and it was really great!

The trip was a rail pass on AMTRAK from LA to Seattle on the Coast Starlite. The pass allowed us 8 legs in 15 days. We started out at 10:30 AM and took our first stop in San Jose at 9 PM. A friend pick us up and we stayed the night in Palo Alto. The next day we had a great 7 mile hike in the Redwoods and back on the train at 9 PM for an overnight to Eugene OR where we stayed with my sister for 2 nights. Again a great 7 mile hike. Then on to Portland for 2 night with friends and here the sinning began, brewpubs, wine bars, and great food. Lots of walking, but no serious exercise. Then on to Seattle and the Olympic Penn. for 4 days. The friends were were staying with are in their 70s so we did a lot of windshield touring... and drinking ... and eating.

The last leg was back down the coast to Monteray, where it was just the 2 of us. We found a great Inn, rented bikes (single speeds) and pedelled the 12 miles over to Carmel for lunch and back on Monday. Then home on Tuesday.

I highly recommend the trip! We had a sleeper for a couple of legs and coach seats for most. Tons of fun and a great way to see the country.

NOW, back to the routine. I am sure I picked up a couple of pounds, but vacation pounds are usually pretty easy to lose if you get right back to the routine.

Welcome back Mai, glad to see you are enjoying gettting moving again. SW and Abby, you guys are inspirational and Mary... wow. Hello to all the more recent posters, looking forward to reading your stories.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Yes! Yes I did!

I actually did exercise today - a 22 minute run. It felt good to get moving as it had been a few days.

Laurie
Old 08-17-2011, 11:55 PM
FitDay Member

Yes I got my workout on, Leslie Sanson "Walk Away the Pounds"
Old 08-18-2011, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

SW and MAI I thought of you as I ran today, it was a prefect morning, the sun was coming up, so much in bloom, and I ran a fun hilly course, about 3 miles.

Pam, what a great trip, sounds amazing.

Laurie and Elegentone, great to have you aboard, keep checkng in, it's fun to talk about what you get done.

Today, one beautiful run.

Abby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.