Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 12:25 PM   #41 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Default Great morning

Got to the gym at around 6:15 and did a great run for a warmup - part at 6.5 MPH and part at 7, kept the slant at 1.0 for most of it, got to work at getting that slant up. Then a killer muscle conditoniing routine, I did two sets which felt great - I want to work up to three but I'm always pressed for time. 1.25 miles

Assisted chin ups 60% of body weight 12 (10 second set)
Assisted dips 60% of body weight 12 (11 second set)
Dead lifts 65 lbs
Pushups (12 then 11)
Lateral steps holding 10 lb weight (these scare me, I have to figure out how to not worry about falling off step)
Lunges holding 10 lb wieght.

YAY I Can do it!

Abby
dear_abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #42 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Default Nothing like a run...

I was on the subway, in my sweats, and felt a tickle in my throat, I've been worried that I"m getting a cold, so I told myself "you've made it this far, just go to the Y, and give yourself an easy workout - something is better than nothing". So, I got on a treadmill, set it for 40 minutes, 1.5 incline, and started slow, that was boring, so I pushed up to ten miniute mile (nothing impressive, but enough that my heart knows it is happening). I kept moving, at that rate, although the tilt came down after a while, and finished with 4.25 miles completed, a vim to do anything and the high of a good run.

It was great! I added some core work, and still made it into work before my boss.

Abby
Old 02-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #43 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I have a bad ankle and I tweaked it a week ago going down some stairs- I know my body well, and it needed about 5 days or rest or so before I felt comfortable working out.

Funnily enough, for those five days I ate semi-poorly. I often kept within my calorie deficit, but I knew they were BAD calories. And then it was SO hard to get off my butt and start exercising again! I'm with almeeker, I never go work out at a gym or on a machine thinking I'm going to "enjoy" it - it's something I have to make myself do, and then afterwards, I normally just feel relief that it's over.

I'd like to get back into sports someday. THAT would be an enjoyable workout.

I started working out again yesterday - 35 hard minutes on the elliptical with "hill" intervals. Got that heart rate way up there (to the point where I had to slow down a little so I didn't overdo it) and some good sweat!

I'm focusing on cardio, but I'm going to go back tonight and extend my interval and add in some strength - probably 15 mins elliptical, 30 mins weight machines, 15 mins elliptical or stationary bike.
Weight 8/29/14 = 180.2 (net: -35.0)
Current mini-goal: 180 lbs.
Next large goal: 165 lbs. by 12/25/2014
Lowest weight: 156.7 lbs.
150.2 lbs. <--- Official "Healthy BMI" weight
Estimated final goal: 130-140 lbs.
"You don't have to change your life today. You only need to change your day today."
taubele is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #44 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Default How much exercise should I do?

Hello all, fairly new to FitDay, but not weight issues. I am 5.3" and 161.2 lbs right now. My mini goal is 145 and ultimate goal is 130. I am going on a cruise in 6 weeks and want to get to or close to my mini goal. I started at 1300 calorie diet, and am doing about 45 minutes of cardio a day (3 miles - which is huge for me since I usually do not exercise daily). Signed up for a 10K on April 2nd, so I am building up to the 6 miles I need to run, adding 1 mile a day each week. Any ideas of how much exercise I should do daily to get to my mini goal by March 20?
mrundstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #45 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Hit the gym @ 5:30am this morning, 30 min on bike. Did some squats, leg presses, standing lunges w/ 20lb dumbells and weighted lumbar extensions.

Been nursing an injured ankle for the last 4 weeks which means no running I've missed two races so far....
It's finally getting healthy again and I hope to start running this weekend.

I also have a Hydrostatic body fat test appt. this Friday. I've been doing double time at the gym all week to try get my weight down to 160#.
I'm shooting for 10% bodyfat

4/26 Parkway 1/2- DNF
7/4 Firecracker 5k
10/5 Urban Cow 1/2
sw07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:00 PM   #46 (permalink)
FitDay Member

I walked 1 mile today. I have been averaging about 1 mile per day and will need to step it up soon to be ready for two 5K's in April!

FitDay Start Date: 2/1/11 203 lb.

Current Weight: 187.6 lb.

Re-inspired!
crblack1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #47 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Not yet but had a big workout last night in a TRX class.
pjf1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:23 PM   #48 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Default Amazing boot camp

I was planning to do some weight lifting, and had just finished a tough warm up on an elliptical, level 9, and kept it at 14 calories per minute (I know, that doesn't mean much, but it is a measure of exertion, if I keep it at 12 yesterday, and 14 today, I'm working more today). I was heading to the weight room when I learned that a class which had been rumored was about to start. My favorite trainer had 4 of us going through some amazing movements - we ran around the basketball court for five minutes, walked down on our hands in point positon, crunch like movements, jumping rope, pounding medicine balls into the floor, never a second to be bored! I'm looking forward to next week.

Abby
Old 02-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #49 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Default What's TRX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjf1957 View Post
Not yet but had a big workout last night in a TRX class.
I know, I could probably Google it, but I'd rather hear from you!

Abby
Old 02-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #50 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Default Mixxing it up

I did step mill for ten hard minutes, stair master climbing the steps of the leaning tower of Pisa (another ten minutes), then ellliptical. Feels great!