Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 07-14-2011, 12:41 PM
FitDay Member

The exercising is paying off. I went for a 3 K walk with my daughter-in-law tonight. there were no kids with us and she walks fast. I used to havbe to ask people to slow down, however tonight I put off asking and found I could keep pace the whole 3 K. Fitness is good. Mary
Old 07-14-2011, 04:44 PM
FitDay Premium Member

What a great feeling!
Yet another bonus of being fit... keeping up with the younger set - well done Mary
Old 07-14-2011, 04:57 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Coffeeandcigarettes
Wow, your routine puts me to shame...I'm only starting on getting myself in to the rhythm of working out, so for the last few days (It's my 3rd day on fitday) I've been walking, dancing and using my Wiifit. I've lost a little, but I think it's through my eating so I'm looking for exercise options that will help tone me as I lose the weight.

Going to the Y tomorrow afternoon for some treadmill action though, fingers crossed I'll see some results!
Hi C&C,
It is all about good ole "stick-to-it-tiviness". None of this happens over night (does it folks???). Find an activity you enjoy, or a group of people you enjoy working out with or exercising with, is really the key. And then don't think too much about how much you might lose each day. Rather, focus more on improving your fitness, strength, endurance, flexiblity or some physical goal. My experience is that if your only goal is to see changes in the scale, you will become discouraged. If your goal is to be able to keep up with the kids, climb the stairs with out huffing and puffing, or run a 5K you will stick with it. Good luck and keep us posted
Old 07-15-2011, 12:10 AM
FitDay Member

Well put Pam, the ability to run a 5K after you never thought you could do a mile is well worth it!

Today I have the after exercise happy giddy feeling - I ran just shy of 4 miles, 40 minutes, and a nice stretch, then walked from the Y to the office smiling and laughing with all the passersby!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Abby
Old 07-15-2011, 04:30 AM
FitDay Premium Member

CrossFit last night - a pretty easy workout... for Crossfit.

6.5 mile run this morning. It's funny, 2 months ago I would have been very pleased with the time and pace. But after posting some really great paces recently, this morning was a kind of sluggish.

I did an experiment to see how much I was sweating (dehydration) since I don't usually carry water on these runs. 6.5 miles, just under and hour = 1.5 lbs . IDK but that seems like alot.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:13 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default best 10 miler in a while

Changed up the route and kept the pace at 10mi/min - it was great to feel good all the way through... finally!
Old 07-18-2011, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

Great weekend for exercise as kids and grandkids were visiting. Yesterday = swiming, kayaking, seadooing, paddling the tube with my hands, kayaking pulling the tube with a grandchild in it, carrying the 40 litres of gas to the seadoo, and my workout at the Y. Guess that's and the fact it's too hot to eat much is why I'm down a 1/2 pound! Mary
Old 07-18-2011, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday-Spent about 8 hrs. painting the exterior of my brother's rental property and my hands are surprisingly sore....I thought my legs would hurt after climbing up and down a ladder all day, but I guess all the running I do has something to do with that

Did some squats, deadlifts, and standing lunges this morning, gonna try to run a few miles after work today.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I'm new to this site and yes I did 31 minutes on the treadmill and then my hubby and I are going for long walk after dinner. Good to talk with you. Carol
Old 07-18-2011, 11:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome Carol!
Where do you call home?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.