Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 07-07-2011, 06:52 AM
FitDay Member

Biked in to work this morning and plan on hitting the gym this afternoon for chest, triceps and shoulders. Toss in some cardio and the breakdown is:

biking: 45 minutes
weights: 30 minutes
cardio: 30 minutes

Now I just need to get off my chair and switch to the exercise ball at work.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Ran around the block for 2 miles (exactly 1/4 mile per circle) around 9 min per mile.
Nice and sweaty. Did about 30 minutes upper body exercises with gymastic rings (pushups, pull ups, dips, rows, etc) with stretching breaks.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:00 AM
FitDay Member

Did the Y thing for lower body work out and rowing and Elliptical for 30 minutes, plus a few laps in the pool to cool down. . Had a nice 45 minute bike ride last evening. Off to the Y for upper body today, then a kayak ride now off to a swim at my daughter's tonight. Mary

Last edited by Kumochi; 07-08-2011 at 07:39 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

Ran with my dog for about mile this morning and I'm planning a longer run after work.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Float tubing and fly fishing

An absolutely gorgeous day in the Eastern Sierras. The lake we fished on is a gem surrounded by snow capped peaks. It requires a very steep 0.5 mile walk down hill to get to... and thus a very steep 0.5 walk out.

It was a great break for all the landscaping.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:52 PM
FitDay Member

Default Treadmill

This is my first day exercising, did one mile on the treadmill. I have a question about logging it though. When I add 1 mile walking uphill at 3.5 mph, FD gives me a calories burned of 93. On my treadmill, a 5 incline for one mile, it shows calories burned of 140.

Oh... maybe it kept score of the other things I tried before settling into what felt comfortable.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats on starting your exercising, Pam! The only thing I can think of is that FitDay does take in your weight and height when calculating your calorie burn; depending on your treadmill, it may not do that. My treadmill gives calories burned, but it's old and not a model where I can enter my personal stats. Being shorter than most, I burn fewer calories and the treadmill number is inaccurate for me.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Spent the weekend in the pool with the grandkids plus a 2 mile walk pushing the stroller. Wore off the ice cream cone - a necessary stop on the walk to the park. Todayyoge, Y for weights then sailing lesson. Mary
Old 07-11-2011, 06:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default Treadmill this morning

I did 1 mile on the treadmill this morning (It still says 140 calories). I also ordered a Garmin FR60 so that I can better track activity.

Maybe I will check out the gym near my work...
Old 07-11-2011, 07:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default From 1 Pam to another

Welcome!
I hope you find a gym environment you enjoy.

Up until recently if it wasn't outdoors (did my screen name give it away?) it wasn't exercise, but last winter I final found a gym and a program that I love (addicted to if I'm being truthful). It took me years of joining various gyms and not being comfortable or motivated and quitting.

So if the first one doen't appeal, keep looking. They all seem to have their own personality.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.