Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 06-17-2011, 07:34 AM
FitDay Member

Terri - WOW - I will host a dance party when I can do ten modified push ups in a row (for some reason, I find them very hard). And you did 40!!!

Pam, you inspire me - I find myself looking forward to posting at a difficult point in a work out!

Mary, I love the Y - of course, they are all different, but I recommend help on weight lifting, even if you are experienced there are always things to leary.

KrisKZ - I wouldn't want to be a bag standing in your way! What a great idea instead of the various alternatives (eating, drinking, yelling at cat, children, or husband)

Have a great weekend all!

Abby
Old 06-17-2011, 09:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by taubele
I was able to do 40 push-ups in a row last night! Woo-hoo! Granted, they were "modified" (regular push-ups are a bit beyond me atm) but it was a first!

Terri,
That's great, fabulous, and terrific. In the spirit of total disclosure, I must admit that I do modified push-ups too. I'm getting a little better, but regular PU are really tough on my back.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:19 AM
FitDay Member

Made it to the Y. I've done the circuit ? weights before. I use dumbells at home sometimes. Did my routine and 26 minutes on the crosstrainer. Once I get in the Y I make it worth while. I spoke to the trainer and will book 2 or 3 sessions. He was advising on core strengthening for balanace as well. I'm more apt to go since I have a double reason. Prepare for the sailing lessons and losing weight.

Avoiding injury is a biggy for me and the instructor thought I was wise to start working out now. He mentioned it had been a while since he had seen me.

Now to go enjoy a bike ride pr walk just for the beauty of being outside. Mary
Old 06-19-2011, 05:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Unhappy No run today

Got a nasty blister on my foot (must have been from Friday's run, but I really don't remember it hurting after the run ) and there is no way I can even put the runners on, let alone walk/run in them.

Oh well, an extra rest day is probably a good idea anyway
Old 06-20-2011, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Got a nasty blister on my foot (must have been from Friday's run, but I really don't remember it hurting after the run ) and there is no way I can even put the runners on, let alone walk/run in them.

Oh well, an extra rest day is probably a good idea anyway
Bummer! Sorry to hear about that. I thought I would test to see how my injuries were feeling and I'm happy to say that all is well and managed a pretty good workout.
I did about 1 1/2 workout with free weights on Saturday-upper & lower body and then went for 15mile bike ride.
I was going to try for 2nd bike ride on Sunday, but it was way too windy, so I just did yardwork instead.
I'm gonna try a short run later this week- after the triple digit weather passes.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

Lots of exercise yesterday - several hours following kids, 50 minute bike ride - 1/2 against the wind, much easier coming back!, 30 minute weights and 25 minute elliptical. plus sauna. Mary
Old 06-20-2011, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Terri,
That's great, fabulous, and terrific. In the spirit of total disclosure, I must admit that I do modified push-ups too. I'm getting a little better, but regular PU are really tough on my back.
Regular PUs are just too difficult in general, and my ankle doesn't like them But thanks for the encouragement! and for you too abby! The quoting function is going crazy on me atm, I can only quote one at a time.

I was shocked to have done 40. I had been doing 20 on a regular basis every day, but I just decided to 'go' one evening until my arms shook too much to continue. It was pretty cool

Sorry about your blister, Pam. That sucks
Old 06-21-2011, 12:05 AM
FitDay Member

Mary - sounds impressive, and Pam - a blister is so annoying - not enough to make you feel justified in being a slug, but enough to prevent moving - and SW - that triple digits sounds grim, I would be hidden under a rock.

I had a most decadent weekend, turned 49 and really stopped behaving for three days - ice cream last night (and it was good),

I did 25 minutes on the elliptical and a bunch of ab work and some lunges.

Didn't get any exercise high hope I can do good work today.

Totally off topic, I'm reading a book in which someone starts each day asking "may I be a blessing to someone today" - it's a great image, and I find the encouragement many of you offer here serves that function. Thank you!

Abby
Old 06-21-2011, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Happy belated b-day Abby!

I ran (a slow) 3 miles after work yesterday-felt good, no pain. Gonna try again in a couple of days....
Old 06-21-2011, 06:45 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Happy Birthday Abby, after the fact. A well deserved 3 days I am sure.

SW glad to see you are getting back to the track (well maybe just a street run). Saw your pix in the Before/After thread - awesome! Quite the fitness fanatic - I love it!

The blister is mostly gone. And Abby you hit the nail on the head: "not enough to make you feel justified in being a slug, but enough to prevent moving", so hopefully I'll get a run in soon.

Good Crossfit this morning. The strength workout was split jerks, starting to build on last weeks 5 rep max (90lbs... I can see 100 just around the corner), with lighter weight, but 5 sets of 5 reps.

The main workout was wall shots using a 10lb medicine ball and rowing. I LOVE rowing, wall shots not so much, so it pretty much evened out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.