-->

Did You Exercise Today???

You're on Page 41 of 197
Go to
  • Big day at CrossFit
    Hit 100lbs for squats - whoo hoo!
    And 140lbs (body weight + 5lbs) for deadlifts
  • Quote: Hit 100lbs for squats - whoo hoo!
    And 140lbs (body weight + 5lbs) for deadlifts
    Nice!
  • Played 9 holes of golf - walking. Beautiful evening to be outside. Mary
  • Hi, this is my first time posting on the forums. I did a home workout today. It was a med. paced crossfit workout for about 1.5 hours. Later in the day I was pretty upset and having a bad day, so I went to my gym, gloved up and did some serious bag work for about 30 min, with 50 full sit-ups and about 75 russian twists. I felt lots better afterwards. I just am losing weight soooo slowly, it is a bit frustrating.
  • Yesterday's craziness
    So after ruining the day by eating a huge cupcake at work, I went home and ran/walked on the treadmill for 90 minutes and drank a lot of water for dinner (I know I shouldn't skip meals, but I was feeling too guilty after that cupcake). I feel better today....and a little lighter, too!
  • Nice workout Pam - always impressive

    Great to have Kirskz and Wghtloser here - fun to share our stories today.

    Today at 5 AM the sun was rising making the most glorious cotton candy clouds - it would be wrong to spend that time in a gym so I put on my running shoes and took off - I ended up doing 3 and a half hilly miles in 35 minutes. There were smells of honey suckel, glorious birds, and great feeling in my body. At one point I took an extra block (up hill!) and realized I was close to the top of "Fairview Street" looking towards Bellevue Hill. I had never wondered why it was called Fairview, but it was so clear, the view was most fair!

    Get outside people!

    Abby
  • I renewed my Y membership this week and have decided I want to do some strength buliding and flexibility exercises before my sailing lessons start. Plan to go to the Y today and sunday. Mary
  • Quote: So after ruining the day by eating a huge cupcake at work, I went home and ran/walked on the treadmill for 90 minutes and drank a lot of water for dinner (I know I shouldn't skip meals, but I was feeling too guilty after that cupcake). I feel better today....and a little lighter, too!
    Welcome wghtloser: IMO if you are going to skip a meal, dinner is definitely the one to skip . Good job on catching up with the slip up. Just don't overdo it OK?

    Abby, you are really turning into an exercise machine - I think I said that before - but your motivation is motivating me! I have to say the experience you had on such a lovely morning is exactly the reason I run. Not all days are like that, but for the one that are... what a way to begin the day .

    Mary, I think that you will really enjoy the weight lifting. I hope you can find a trainer or get a few pointers before starting out. Nothing like a little guidence to get you off on the right foot.

    It looks like everyone had a good week. I hope you all get a chance to get out and play over the weekend . Nothing like acting like a 12 year old on a summer day to knock off the years .
  • Quote: Hi, this is my first time posting on the forums. I did a home workout today. It was a med. paced crossfit workout for about 1.5 hours. Later in the day I was pretty upset and having a bad day, so I went to my gym, gloved up and did some serious bag work for about 30 min, with 50 full sit-ups and about 75 russian twists. I felt lots better afterwards. I just am losing weight soooo slowly, it is a bit frustrating.

    Welcom Kriskz!
    Sorry to see you had a bad day, but what a way to deal with it. I bet you felt better afterwards! What are your weight loss goals? It looks like you are a pretty hard core gym rat/power lifter. Are your eating habits in line with your activities? Just ask'n
  • I was able to do 40 push-ups in a row last night! Woo-hoo! Granted, they were "modified" (regular push-ups are a bit beyond me atm) but it was a first!