Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 06-14-2011, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

I really, really hate walking. My knees have been giving me trouble, so running is out of the question. Our town has terrible sidewalks and everyone drives.

I was at a WW meeting and we were owning up to things we want to improve in our quest to become healthier. I said that I would like to pay as much attention to exercise as I do to food.

Just like that, I started to do it.

You know how they say that when the student is ready, the teacher will appear? I was driving in the next town and noticed the gorgeous park they have. Lots of towns have nice parks, but not all have good surfaces for walking. This park has a wide, smooth path all the way around the perimeter. It's very safe - there are always people at the park, doing some sort of activity or sport. So I walked the perimeter 5 times! Exhausting, but now I've found my exercise spot.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

My hours walk and 20 minute yoga does not look like much compared to you guys. I'll post for the motivation. Today I hope to hit the driving range for exercise plus a 1/2 hour bike ride -- by posting maybe the motivation will stick till I'm home and can do it! The sun has not shone enough here to get biking. Mary
Old 06-14-2011, 06:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
I really, really hate walking. My knees have been giving me trouble, so running is out of the question. Our town has terrible sidewalks and everyone drives.

I was at a WW meeting and we were owning up to things we want to improve in our quest to become healthier. I said that I would like to pay as much attention to exercise as I do to food.

Just like that, I started to do it.

You know how they say that when the student is ready, the teacher will appear? I was driving in the next town and noticed the gorgeous park they have. Lots of towns have nice parks, but not all have good surfaces for walking. This park has a wide, smooth path all the way around the perimeter. It's very safe - there are always people at the park, doing some sort of activity or sport. So I walked the perimeter 5 times! Exhausting, but now I've found my exercise spot.
Originally Posted by Kumochi
My hours walk and 20 minute yoga does not look like much compared to you guys. I'll post for the motivation. Today I hope to hit the driving range for exercise plus a 1/2 hour bike ride -- by posting maybe the motivation will stick till I'm home and can do it! The sun has not shone enough here to get biking. Mary

Hi Kathy, Welcome! I am so pleased that you found a pleasant place to walk and are starting to enjoy you time outdoors.

And Mary, please keep posting your great activities. Not everyone has the time, or energy, let alone the desire to run or power lift, so it is really important that this thread not devolve to just the "extreme atheletes" .
Any exercise is good exercise. It's just a matter of getting moving and keeping moving.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:58 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you Pam for posting the post I was trying to phrase - you are so right == the impressive people are the ones who are doing the exercise, when it is hard, when they don't want to, when they aren't sure of results, and getting it done anyway!

Abby
Old 06-14-2011, 07:59 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Pam I do find it motivates me to post them - same as being able to journal them helps me get started. Mary
Old 06-14-2011, 12:01 PM
FitDay Member

Did my bike ride and 1 and 1/2 buckets of balls on the driving range. Likely too many however someone had left half a bucket and I couldn't let them go to waste. Besides my driving needed help. The claorie counter treats the driving range the same as mini golf which I don't agree with. I think it should be more. With this sunny weather I want to plan more fun for tomorrow. Mary
Old 06-15-2011, 12:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default High as a kite

I ran 4.25 miles on the treadmill - in 45 minutes (some was fast, some was slow, my first two miles took 18 minutes). I stretched, and had fun in the locker room laughing about gym class in elementary school (anyone remember "Red Rover"?) - it was too lovely a day to wait for the bus, so I walked the quarter mile to the office, and was the first one here - my indication that I am still high from the endorphins was that I was standing in my dark office waving my hands, singing at the top of my lungs "Shall We Gather at the River" - fortunately, I stopped before my boss arrived.

Mary, I imagine driving balls can be very aerobic, or not depending on how you go at ti!

Hope everyone can be as happy as I am today.

Abby
Old 06-15-2011, 01:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Abby you are becoming a machine! I am totally enjoying your post-workout posts .
Mary, I agree, surely hittiing a bucket of balls at the driving range is a lot more active that putt-putt . But I usually prefer to underestimate my calorie burn and be happy with a surprise loss, than overestimate and be disappointed when the scale doesn't budge.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

The one I have to estimate is the infrared sauna. There are claims that it burns large amounts of calories - up to 600 for 1/2 hour. . I use it because my arthritis has improved since I started and I lose when using it regularily as part of my plan. I put it in as 200 claories for 40 minutes and that seemed to work out with my loss from Jan till April. Since April 1st I have been on too many holidays. Life is good but my weight is the same as in early april. I guess I should be happy it's not up 10 pounds. I'm now back to a regular routine for the next two months.

Got in my sauna, yoga, 40 minutes walking and 35 minutes biking today. Mary

Last edited by Kumochi; 06-15-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

Trying to get back to a good muscle conditioning routine - it used to be Tuesday and Thursday were all about muscles, but that sort of distracted with classes (not that the classes weren't great, but they didn't push like that last rep you can barely do) So today - I did 10 minutes on an elliptical just to warm up then, to the weight room. My thighs are quite sore after doing a lot of lunges on Tuesday, and then my awesome run yesterday, so I decided to focus on upper body.
Dips and chin ups - 2 sets of 20 assisted with weight at 110.
Push ups - pathetic - cant do five!
pec flies on the ball 20 lb weights - 2 sets of 20
thinker curls 2 sets of 20 each arm 20 lb wts
forget what it's called - side lifts - went down to 10 lb weights 2 sets of 20.
Crunches on the decline bench 20
reverse crunches 20

Oh, I'll be whining tomorrow!

Abby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.