Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 06-08-2011, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Quoting Pam:

[QUOTE=RunbikeSki;47936]Well done, both of you! And Micheal, dude! ... how does it feel to be a runner???

Congratulations on your injury - you're an athlete now. Good luck with the 5K - I still haven't done my first - and will not try to make it on a hot day!

Abby
Old 06-08-2011, 03:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

[quote=dear_abby;48193]Quoting Pam:

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Well done, both of you! And Micheal, dude! ... how does it feel to be a runner???

Congratulations on your injury - you're an athlete now. Good luck with the 5K - I still haven't done my first - and will not try to make it on a hot day!

Abby
Ha ha--I think I actually did the damage while lawn mowing--due to various circumstances the grass (hay) was around two feet high--it took a good solid three hours to do my little patch of lawn (doing the old lift the mower, gradually set it down, then go back and forth a couple of times trick).

I've no doubt I can "walk" 5K--I had a nice three mile walk while at camp last week in about 45 minutes and that included a pretty major hill--of course, the knee wasn't bothering then, either. We'll just have to see how it goes!

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-08-2011, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

Took a day trip to San Francisco yesterday and probably walked about 4 miles. Absolute perfect day for turning 44

My running injuries have healed up and I plan on hitting the trails this weekend- just in time for the summer heat
Old 06-08-2011, 11:02 AM
FitDay Member

OOH, walking in San Francisco, on a perfect day, that's a treat - Happy Birthday!
Old 06-08-2011, 05:05 PM
FitDay Member

This is a good one. I was just looking at my logged activity and realized I almost put in 4 hours of exercise today (of course not all at once). I even can't believe I did that!!!!

Walked in the early morning with a friend. Good conversation so didn't realize we walked about 90 minutes (miles unknown but at least 4). Then attended my kickboxing class and went to the fitness center afterwards. And just after dinner I felt a little too full so cranked out 3 miles in 30minutes. I should be tired but i feel good right now. Still, maybe I should take it easy.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

Aradwin - isn't it amazing when that happens "wow, where did that energy come from". The reverse happens sometimes too, but celebrate !

Today I did 20 minutes on the elliptical, and then a bunch of weights, pec flies, lunges, squats, and roll outs on the stability ball, my Thursday class has ceased, so trying to keep it going on my own.

Have a great day everyone!

Abby
Old 06-11-2011, 11:29 AM
FitDay Premium Member

The 5K went well today, except that I took a wrong turn and ended up walking 4.2 miles in slightly over an hour. The knee was good until coming down the steep hill near the end--I think I'd rather go up hill than down--easier on the knees.

My daughter made sure to point out to everyone that I was wearing my favorite over-the-calf cowboy boot socks with my shorts--apparently a fairly serious fashion faux pas.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-12-2011, 09:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thumbs up Congrats Mike!

I am so glad your injury didn't stop you from doing the race altogether even if you couldn't get the jogging in you had hoped to. Sorry about the wrong turn, I guess somewhere in the back of your mind you just thought that you wanted a little more exercise than the rest of the field .

Got a 10-miler in today. It was a slow but steady run. I am starting to get bored with my longer flat running trail, so it is probably time to switch it up.

SW, go slow, dude. I know you can't wait to get back that speed and endurance you had built up, but your body is still needs some time to readjust to the pounding.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
SW, go slow, dude. I know you can't wait to get back that speed and endurance you had built up, but your body is still needs some time to readjust to the pounding.
Yep, that's for sure.....tried to stretch my legs over the weekend and things still hurt pretty bad. I tried a slow jog, but it ended up being a 3 mile walk. I'm guessing my July 4th race probably won't happen

No biggie, it is what it is, however, I've been doing alot of upper body dumbell work and my shoulders & arms are looking great
Old 06-14-2011, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

Michael, congratulations on your first 5K - now I've got to get my first one done. Pam, a 10K sounds amazing, and SW good for you doing the part you can...

I ran 2.25 miles in 20 minutes, then did my core work, 20 crunches on decline bench, leg lifts, lunges, push up roll outs on a ball. I don't feel my usual burst of energy - I had protein (yogurt with a mango), but a little off.

Ah well, work will cheer me up!

Abby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.