Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 06-03-2011, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

I wasn't planning to make it to the gym today, I have a busy night (arranging all the stuff for a church rummage sale), and planned to store my energy - so I set the alarm for 6, but lying in bed at 5:30 I realized "i'm not going back to sleep", so I pulled on sweats and went out for a run, this is the day which will turn slugs into runners, cool, clear zero humidity, and a riot of flowers along my route. The storm which devastated Springfield brought some fall like air to Boston.

I did just under 3 miles (2.95) in just under half an hour. Feel pretty good about it. For a treat, I laid in my hammock for ten minutes afterwards and watched the birds!

Enjoy today!

Abby
Old 06-03-2011, 11:24 AM
FitDay Member

Here's what I did for the rest of the week-

Thursday- 20 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of yoga
Friday- 20 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of yoga

I plan on adding weights this coming week.

----------------------------------------
June 1, 2011 - 230
Goal Weight - 135
Old 06-04-2011, 06:22 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Well done, both of you! And Micheal, dude! ... how does it feel to be a runner???

Last week was testing in CrossFit. I PR'd (personal record) on all of my lifts but was most pleased with the power clean which went from 65 pounds to 85 pounds. My goal was 75 whoo hoo!
Old 06-05-2011, 08:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Got the 10 miler in. Lovely morning!
Old 06-05-2011, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Hi Nadia!
Welcome. I am not quite sure how much customising you want to do, but the short answer is that unfortunately FitDay's exercise section is pretty fixed. What you can do is manipulate the times or the intensities to get the calorie burns you think are correct. You can also pick an exercise that is close to one that isn't listed (for example I don't think that the eliptical trainers are listed in FD' menu) and modify the times to match the calories burned reported on the machine.

Does that help? If not please ask again. This is as good a place as any to ask.
Oooohh yep I get what you mean. Thanks so much for your help. I wanted to put Bikram yoga, so I just put the stretching yoga for about 5 hrs to equal the calories in a normal class. At least you can still customise foods.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nadiaminaj
Oooohh yep I get what you mean. Thanks so much for your help. I wanted to put Bikram yoga, so I just put the stretching yoga for about 5 hrs to equal the calories in a normal class. At least you can still customise foods.
Hi there!

The thing is that putting in an exercise for five hours is going to affect your basal metabolic rate too --- what Fitday does is subtract those 5 hours from your basal metabolism, and it's going to show you LESS than what you really burned. You're basically taking hours away from yourself when you do it that way.

What would be better to do is to figure out your burn per minute and put in an exercise that's appropriate.

For instance, on my cardio days, my heart rate monitor tells me that I usually burn about 13 cals/minute. Even though I do that on the elliptical, I usually enter it as "stationary biking, very vigorous effort (250 watts)" because that's an exercise that shows up as burning 13 cals/minute. Usually, the time entered is only off by a couple of minutes, which is much better than being off by hours.

I hope that makes sense!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Good catch Terri! Thanks for suggestion
Old 06-07-2011, 01:02 PM
FitDay Member

My sister spent the night so I had breakfast with her instead of going to the Y -but in the evening, I had no other commitments (hubby busy) so, after work I changed into work out clothes, put some clean clothes in a back pack and set out to run to the local Y (which is not my usual one) - it's about 2 miles away. After one mile (ten minutes) I was huffing and puffing, it is hot and humid, and uphill, so I hopped on a bus which was there, got to the Y in 2 minutes, and worked out on an elliptical for 40 - then I slowly walked home with a stop in the grocery store for tomatoes and feta which formed the core of my supper. I'm really tired, and happy!

Abby
Old 06-08-2011, 12:10 AM
FitDay Member

3.95 miles in 40 minutes on the treadmill - then the walk to the office. Feel like sleeping, well my boss is out of town...
Old 06-08-2011, 02:30 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Looks like I won't be running for a while. Did something to my knee this weekend and it's not feeling good. I have been walking a little--don't want to aggravate it.

I am committed to filling in for my daughter in a charity 5K Saturday (she broke her leg three weeks ago--just before her senior dance recital, HS graduation, etc., etc.). Had planned to run as far as possible but now I think I'll just take it easy and walk. She will be working the table but we felt that we'd collected pledges so we'd better do the miles as well.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.