Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 06-01-2011, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default Two in a row

I joined a "Biggest Loser" challenge at gym where I work. Twice a week w/ a trainer and your group. First day was yesterday and I made it through but am very sore. I went back on my own today and did eliptical for 30 min and walk/jog for 16 minutes on the treadmill. I feel tired but satisfied that I tried again today.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:57 AM
FitDay Member

Did a Netflix workout called "Killer abs and back", it had hokey mid 90's techno music, but there was nothing hokey about the workout itself. I have no doubt that I will feel it tomorrow. Since I shoot for 60min/day and the workout was only 43 minutes I followed it with the 24 minute Bob Harper's Cardio Rev up.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

I did 20 minutes of cardio today and 20 minutes of stretching. I think I am going to start posting all the exercises I did through the week on Friday. This will be more convenient for me. It will also help me not to forget to post in the Friday - Weigh-In Buddies Thread.

~ aug77 ~

------------------------------------------------
June 1, 2011 - 230
Goal Weight - 135
Old 06-01-2011, 02:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by nadiaminaj
Totally new to FitDay (a bit fun) and I will probs post this in the wrong area but-is there any way you can customise an exercise??
Hi Nadia!
Welcome. I am not quite sure how much customising you want to do, but the short answer is that unfortunately FitDay's exercise section is pretty fixed. What you can do is manipulate the times or the intensities to get the calorie burns you think are correct. You can also pick an exercise that is close to one that isn't listed (for example I don't think that the eliptical trainers are listed in FD' menu) and modify the times to match the calories burned reported on the machine.

Does that help? If not please ask again. This is as good a place as any to ask.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

Great job, Everybody!

I did day 3 of week 4 in the Couch to 5k program this morning but I added more powerwalking to the workout so that it would total 45 minutes. I feel great! I love working out in the morning!
Old 06-01-2011, 04:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Just got back from my two miles--I don't much care for the 88% humidity--sitting here trying not to drip on my keyboard too much even with my fan on and the AC cranked.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-01-2011, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

Three days in row: yoga first thing in the AM (even before I get dressed because I do it the bedroom).

Yehudit
Old 06-01-2011, 10:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Talking Everyone's doing really well

Keep it up, you keep me inspired

I've been suffering from a little menopausal insomnia for the last couple of weeks (sorry... TMI), but I seem to mostly push through, just not with my usual energy or enthusiasm. As we all know getting started is the hardest part.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:07 PM
FitDay Member

Default What a Great Site

I just entered comments into my fitday journal about how much I want to start exercising but just can't seem to get off my duff. This site has inspired me to get started. I can't work out tonight because it is too close to my bedtime. However, I will exercise and post tomorrow. If I don't, then you all will know I'm still sitting on my duff. The sad thing is I really like working out, but I also feel the need to share. This will give me the forum I need.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm in grave danger of becoming an exercise snob...

Way to Go TCalix and Yahudit - (for the newbies) Pam, Mike, keep on sweating!) Looks like people are working hard... great to see people using this forum to check in!

My little fitness group isn't meeting my goals. I can do more cardio than the group can stand, I want to spend my group time on serious muscle training with weights - we start giggling, and goofing off, and I am wasting time. So, I need to say "if we don't have a trainer, I think I'll work on my own". But will I?

Today I did a killer 20 minutes on the treadmill, then 20 minutes in the group, crunches, step work (up and down on a step), push ups, leg flutters.

Abby

P.S. I'm not completely sure why we are trainer free, but the Y seems to be having some financial trouble, we are short of staff, and soap! (yes, they have stopped supplying soap in the showers!)

Last edited by dear_abby; 06-02-2011 at 03:54 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.