Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 05-10-2011, 01:23 PM
FitDay Member

Did 90 minutes of Zumba tonight. Hopefully not stiff in the morning as I have a T time of 9:20. It is supposed to be sunny and warm here so I am taking the day off. There have to be some advantages of being your own boss. Of course that also means I don't get payed. Mary
Old 05-11-2011, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

My favorite treadmills were all in use, they are preferred because they have the safety lanyard, and they overlook the basketball court, so I had to use a different kind (how we suffer), It had a '5K' program, so I tried it, and was done in 28 minutes - added a few minutes trying to get to 500 calories, and did those last few at a big incline, it was new for me.

now I want a nap! But will work hard and accomplish many worthy things instead!

Abby
Old 05-11-2011, 02:44 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I hope you had fun at Zumba last night Mary, and didn't wake up too sore. And yes Abby, not getting the favored treadmill can be such a trail . I'm guessing the view over looking the basketball court can really take your mind away from how hard you are working.

Did Crossfit yesterday which included 2 1K runs in addition to pull ups and kettle ball swings. Since running is my strength I totally kicked butt and this 53 year old beat all 5 or the 20-somethings in the class - yee ha! (one of the guys was not too happy about that... poor dude)
Old 05-11-2011, 08:02 AM
FitDay Member

Spent an hour planting strawberries, moving peat moss and potting soil, and another half hour playing tag with the donkeys. Nothing very stressful, but I worked up a sweat. Had a long talk with my cousin this morning. She's a year younger than I am. Same body type, roughly the same weight. We're planning to team up on this weight loss/fitness thing to stay on track.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default running!

Another great inspiration, thank you.

here: well I arrived home from work tired...I usually ride to work (round trip of 22km) but today I had a meeting and took the bus. I got home feeling listless and a little grumpy so it was tempting to to do more work at the computer or watch an old re-run on TV. But INSTEAD I grabbed my husband and we went for a run. A short 6km and 40 mins later my grumpy mood had gone and I felt alive again. We had a healthy mushroom soup for supper with homemade wholemeal bread.

A good day, made even better with exercise and strong desire to keep healthy!

Get up and do it!
B

Last edited by BecSlim; 05-11-2011 at 10:21 AM. Reason: spellling mistake!
Old 05-11-2011, 11:29 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Ratsmouth
Spent an hour planting strawberries, moving peat moss and potting soil, and another half hour playing tag with the donkeys. Nothing very stressful, but I worked up a sweat. Had a long talk with my cousin this morning. She's a year younger than I am. Same body type, roughly the same weight. We're planning to team up on this weight loss/fitness thing to stay on track.
How do you play tag with a donkey???
In any event sounds like a pleasantly productive day. It's great that you have found an exercise buddy. That can make such a difference on days when you just don't feel up to it. For example see below

Originally Posted by BecSlim
Another great inspiration, thank you.

here: well I arrived home from work tired...I usually ride to work (round trip of 22km) but today I had a meeting and took the bus. I got home feeling listless and a little grumpy so it was tempting to to do more work at the computer or watch an old re-run on TV. But INSTEAD I grabbed my husband and we went for a run. A short 6km and 40 mins later my grumpy mood had gone and I felt alive again. We had a healthy mushroom soup for supper with homemade wholemeal bread.

A good day, made even better with exercise and strong desire to keep healthy!

Get up and do it!
B
I love the attitute! It is amazing what a little heavy breathing can do for the soul - yeah.. that kind of heavy breathing works too
Old 05-11-2011, 12:31 PM
FitDay Member

I thought I had posted this earlier. I walked 1.6 miles in 27 minutes this morning. Then, this evening, I push mowed for 2 hours.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:52 PM
FitDay Member

I played 18 holes of golf, walked for 9 of them and hit a bucket of balls at the driving range.. Great to be outside enjoying friends, sunshine, the green grass, and burning over 800 calories according to the stats. Even better when I'm skipping work. You will note there is no comment on my relationship with that little white ball. My score is best left at the 19th hole. Also did my daily infrared sauna and yoga stretches. They have become so routine I don't think of them as exercise. Mary
Old 05-11-2011, 08:46 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
I played 18 holes of golf, walked for 9 of them and hit a bucket of balls at the driving range.. Great to be outside enjoying friends, sunshine, the green grass, and burning over 800 calories according to the stats. Even better when I'm skipping work. You will note there is no comment on my relationship with that little white ball. My score is best left at the 19th hole. Also did my daily infrared sauna and yoga stretches. They have become so routine I don't think of them as exercise. Mary
I've gotta get my clubs out. I've really only played a couple of times but I'd like to get back into it. I'm lucky to get two or three fairly straight drives out of a bucket of balls, however. It is fun, though.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-11-2011, 11:28 PM
FitDay Member

I did one of my old workout tapes this morning, a Kathy Smith from the early 90's. DH always laughs at the hair styles those folks are sporting, but it's a darn good workout. I should do that one more often.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.