Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 04-21-2011, 12:06 AM
FitDay Member

Ushkii - anytime you say "that's good for me right now" I support you - so much of the challenge is getting to the bike at all - once you're doing that it just keeps getting better.

I went to a concert last night, and 5 AM didn't seem likely (I had hoped to, because Thursday is a great class), so instead I got up at 6 - after shower I realized I was being efficient, and could walk to the subway (a little over 2 miles) instead of taking the bus. Then, once out, I stopped to admire a bird, an decided "why take the city walk? I live near one of the greatest parks in the world, it's a little longer, but I'll walk through the arboreteum". I got in a brisk 35 minute walk, saw amazing flowering trees, babbling brooks, and the dawn of a great day, more of an exercise for the spirit than the heart, but a great way to start!

Abby
Old 04-21-2011, 03:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Then, once out, I stopped to admire a bird, an decided "why take the city walk? I live near one of the greatest parks in the world, it's a little longer, but I'll walk through the arboreteum". I got in a brisk 35 minute walk, saw amazing flowering trees, babbling brooks, and the dawn of a great day, more of an exercise for the spirit than the heart, but a great way to start!
Abby
Nice! I'm guessing Central Park?
I managed to get up early enough and run a little over 4 miles before work this morning- felt incredible. Had a light rain last night so everything was damp & wet,had a slight breeze, 54* @ 6:15 am. Great way to start the day.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sw07
Nice! I'm guessing Central Park?
Close, but I'm in Boston, it is the Arnold Arboretum, 100 years ago (or so), Mr. Bussey gave money to Harvard to start an agricultural school, the school is long gone, but their "lab" remains, and is spectacular.

Sounds like a great run - soon...
Old 04-21-2011, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

Close, but I'm in Boston, it is the Arnold Arboretum, 100 years ago (or so), Mr. Bussey gave money to Harvard to start an agricultural school, the school is long gone, but their "lab" remains, and is spectacular.

Sounds like a great run - soon...
Cool, I've always wanted to visit Boston, I'm gonna have to put that on my list.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Let me know when you're coming - we could run together!
Old 04-21-2011, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Let me know when you're coming - we could run together!
That would be fun, I'll definitely do that if we ever plan another trip to the East Coast.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:21 PM
FitDay Premium Member

CrossFit Work-out of the day: Jump rope and Abmat sit-ups.

They want you to do "double-unders" that is 2 pass of the rope under you feet for every jump - few beginners get "dubbs" right away. If you can't do double unders, then you do 3 times the number in single jumps (singles are generally not a problem for me)

I started out OK, by the end of the work out I could hardly jump singles I was soooo tired and uncoordinated.

100 dubbs/90 situps
80 dubbs/70 situps
60 dubbs/60 situps
40 dubbs/30 situps
20 dubbs/15 situps
Old 04-22-2011, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki

They want you to do "double-unders" that is 2 pass of the rope under you feet for every jump - few beginners get "dubbs" right away. If you can't do double unders, then you do 3 times the number in single jumps (singles are generally not a problem for me)

I started out OK, by the end of the work out I could hardly jump singles I was soooo tired and uncoordinated.
s
Man - I can't imagine being able to do that, I trip over my feet at one single jump!

Had a great run today - I hit 5 K in 28:34 (all flat), and then finished out with 4.25 miles in 40 minutes.

When I logged out on the FitLinxx machine (which keeps track of some of what you do, if you ask it to), I got a fireworks display, a banner, and a suggestion that I ask at the desk for my red T shirt!! I've earned 50,000 fit points (whatever they are). They were out of red, so I'm waiting.

Have a great day - it's both Earth Day and Good Friday - if you don't observe Good Friday, you still are part of Earth, so observe it today!

Abby
Old 04-22-2011, 07:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Outstanding Abby! When you get it, wear that red shirt proudly!
Old 04-23-2011, 04:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I usually go to a yoga class on Fridays - at least. Often run in the AM. But DH has a kidney stone so I have pretty much stuck around the house all day and evening offering him comfort, and catching up on a little work stuff when he was napping.

This does seem to be how my exercise schedule goes. One really full week followed by a lighter week. And I think that's OK. Sometimes I think I should be full-on all the time, but exercise is only 1 of my many hobbies and obligations .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.