FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Exercise (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/)
-   -   Did You Exercise Today??? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/3025-did-you-exercise-today.html)

bettmrr 01-18-2011 06:12 AM

50min Firm Cardio workout plus 10 mins yoga.
Lagging a bit myself tonight, feeling wrecked. Might try to get an early night to recharge.
On the plus side I've lost 5% body fat :)

bettmrr 01-19-2011 07:39 AM

Rest day today.

Not feeling the may west truth be told :(. Must try get that early night I spoke about last night. Hopefully I will be gung-ho tomorrow again

Kay_in_PA 01-19-2011 11:11 AM

Kettlebells first thing this morning. The kids had a snow delay, so I had a little extra time.

sw07 01-19-2011 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by bettmrr (Post 32583)
Rest day today.

Same here, and it's driving me nuts....so I registered for a 5k run for this Sunday.

bettmrr 01-20-2011 03:22 AM

30 mins Kettle bell workout (took a cue from you Kay_in_PA, cheers!) followed by 40mins on Pilates Reformer.

Finally got that early night (well sort of) and felt much more energetic today after resting yesterday. Always listen to your body, eh?

vabeachgirlNYC 01-20-2011 03:44 AM

I ran 3 miles and did 30 minutes of running stairs, push ups, sit ups, burpee lunges and squats. I'm kind of hyper today so I may go run again later.

sw07 01-20-2011 04:00 AM

Got up @ 5am, went for a 5 mile run (42:30)-it was about 38*, no fog, nice & clear with a full moon low in the horizon. At about mile 3, I hit my stride and everything was good....got into my zen zone.....

My cool down consisted of hamstring & thigh stretches,2 sets of standing lunges w/ 10lb dumbells and a lil yoga thown in before heading off to work.

I'm planning on hitting the gym after work for some shoulder, back & ab work.

kendraku 01-21-2011 11:23 AM

wow, a lot of you run a ton, that is wonderful!!!

I'm getting more and more distance though, and even was able to jog some of the time this morning though! Checked it out on google maps- I got in about 4 miles round trip, about 90% on the beach, that counts for something right ;)

mecompco 01-21-2011 12:04 PM

I spent an hour and a half behind the snowblower and 15 minutes shoveling the white stuff. That was today's exercise. Can't wait for spring!

Regards,
Michael

vabeachgirlNYC 01-21-2011 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by kendraku (Post 32969)
wow, a lot of you run a ton, that is wonderful!!!

I'm getting more and more distance though, and even was able to jog some of the time this morning though! Checked it out on google maps- I got in about 4 miles round trip, about 90% on the beach, that counts for something right ;)

I am finally getting back into real running after being on crutches for 2&1/2 months. I was only able to run on the beach at first but now I am trying to do longer runs on hard surfaces.

I like running in the city the most but I get more of a workout running in the sand. :)

And YES, 4 miles counts A LOT!!! :D

This morning I did a 30 minute run, this afternoon I did a 45 minute sprint/walk and 30 minutes of lifting. :cool: