Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 10-23-2012, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

Originally Posted by JaimeMWS
Kaitlyn, I think if you did 60 push-ups you are very good at them!
It's not a matter of being good at them it's a matter of giving my arms a rest every ten. I did ten push-ups, about a minute of the 'kick butt's', I still don't know what to call them, and 50 pulsing squats. I did that whole circuit 6 times.

LOVE ALL,
Kaitlyn
Old 10-23-2012, 03:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Keily664
It's not a matter of being good at them it's a matter of giving my arms a rest every ten. I did ten push-ups, about a minute of the 'kick butt's', I still don't know what to call them, and 50 pulsing squats. I did that whole circuit 6 times.

LOVE ALL,
Kaitlyn
Great strategy Kaitlyn!
I had a lovely home yoga practice yesterday. I am back at the Sierra house and it was a rainy, windy day... not the kind of day one wants to be outside. So I spent about 45 minutes working on difficult poses, meditating (well trying to... not my strong suit. Can you say "squirrel!"), and some vinyasas. Namaste
Old 10-23-2012, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Keily664

LOVE ALL,
Kaitlyn
One of my goals for last week was 10 perfect push-ups. So it looks like you are doing really good. Oh, and I call them butt kicks, but kick butt sounds better!

My advice would be to not wear yourself out too much, or you won't stick with the program long term.

- Donna
Old 10-23-2012, 07:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default Mondays Workout!!!!

Back to the Gym FINALLY last night. It felt good, I was rested and had a really good workout. (Even though it was Leg day, lol)

LEGS (Sets/Reps)
Straight Leg Barbell Deadlift: 3/6 115#
Dumbell Squats: 3/6 60# (x2)
Seated Leg Extension Machine: 3/6 165#
Lying leg Curl Machine: 3/6 140#
Seated Leg Press: 3/6 162.5#
Abs Machine: 2/12, 1/20 140# (this may be my best at 140#, want to get to 3 sets of 20)
Twisting Back Extensions: 3/5 (each side) no additional weight.
Elliptical: 5 min, level 6 before weights, 35 min, level 6 after weights, 3.7 miles 5.52 mph.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Hi Ron,
Just getting back to your question. I have been doing "paleo challenge" with my gym. Basically no grains, sugars, or dairy (and of course not junk or fast food). I haven't been very good about logging foods recently, but my carbs are down to about 20% from fruits and veggies. And that is what I think my problem is, just not enough carbs to keep the engine running. Since I am getting a little tired of chicken, shrimp, salads, and fruit (actually there are other foods in there too) and missing my occasional sandwichs, I am probably just not eating enough calories.

The challenge includes lots of workouts and stretching too. We are in the 6th week of an 8 week program. This has been a very interesting test. After all the years here, and well... just all the years period, I know pretty well what my body needs, so I am doing it mostly to support the younger folks at the gym who have never really spent much time analyzing what they are eating. For them it has been a real eye-opener .
Yeah, I've tried the low carb thing but I've noticed if I go below about 80g my brain doesn't work so well. It's optimal at about 120g a day.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:53 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
Back to the Gym FINALLY last night. It felt good, I was rested and had a really good workout. (Even though it was Leg day, lol)

LEGS (Sets/Reps)
Straight Leg Barbell Deadlift: 3/6 115#
Dumbell Squats: 3/6 60# (x2)
Seated Leg Extension Machine: 3/6 165#
Lying leg Curl Machine: 3/6 140#
Seated Leg Press: 3/6 162.5#
Abs Machine: 2/12, 1/20 140# (this may be my best at 140#, want to get to 3 sets of 20)
Twisting Back Extensions: 3/5 (each side) no additional weight.
Elliptical: 5 min, level 6 before weights, 35 min, level 6 after weights, 3.7 miles 5.52 mph.
Nice! I took yesterday off to watch the NCLS Game 7 and I also ran a 14 miler on Sunday, so today was my leg day. I figured I better get it out of the way early in the week because I'm running another 1/2 this Sunday.
I'm hoping to get under a 2hr finish
Old 10-23-2012, 09:02 PM
FitDay Member

Default jogging...

Yes I exercise today with my husband...I will jogging and walking in the park every morning,And I feel good..
Old 10-24-2012, 10:06 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the group Ellyban!!!

SW; Only 14 miles on Sunday! You are a beast!!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:06 AM
FitDay Member

Hit the gym uber early today and got there @ 5:30 am and did some tred mill work for an hour (alternated running and walking fast on the incline), lifted weights for another hour (did chest,arms and shoulders) and then cooled down with 15min stationary bike ride.
I then went and got my body fat tested.

The testing showed that I've got 18.7% bf, not much of a change from 6 months ago (18.9% back then) but I did increase my muscle mass by 3lbs
That makes my lean body mass @ 81.3%, I guess that's not too bad.
My resting metabolic rate also increased to 1906.

My testing technician told me not to worry so much about my weight, just concentrate on a clean diet and keep exercising the way I have been doing.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:31 AM
FitDay Premium Member

SW, you are a beast - fabulous b/f stats! and the running, my-oh-my
Ron glad to see you finally made it back the gym, I'm sure you are feeling much better now.

Welcome to all the newbies and the returnees. Keep you the hard work, you are worth it! And you will be glad you did.

PRd on overhead squats - 70#. could have probably done another 2#, but ran out of time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.