Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 10-17-2012, 09:01 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I rowed Friday and Monday, but couldn't make myself get up this morning. Probably connected to trouble getting back off carbs after my father's 80th birthday party Sunday. It isn't the one piece of cake that is the problem - it is the granola the next day, and the toast the day after that, and the tiredness and hunger that comes with them! But so far today I've stuck to vegies and protein, and logged it all, so hope to be back on track with exercise by Friday.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Jaime, I'm with you Just not feeling it this morning.

I'm up and could get to the gym, but I think I'll just putter around the house this morning. Maybe it's the flu shot yesterday, maybe it's the hard workouts the last couple of days, but I think I need the morning off. I'll try to catch at least 30 minutes of something later today.

I've been really good following the Whole Life Challenge. The diet component of the challenge is basically paleo, so no grains or sugars at all. I am past the cravings for breads, but some days it is tough to maintain the energy level... and today is one of them.

Ron, hope you get to the gym soon, and Abby we miss you!

nadinchen I belong to a Crossfit gym and am a runner. I also practice yoga regularly. CrossFit (or CultFit as some refer to it ) is organized by classes. Each day is a different, intense, workout with a trainer. The workouts are a combo of calistenics (push ups, pull ups etc) and weights. There is usually a strength component and then a 10 to 20 minute high intensity curcuit component. The workouts are killer, but they really produce results. I generally run alone, but I have a couple of running buddies that I run with from time to time. Yoga is both class and a home practice. I know I wouldn't do the weights w/o the structure of a class, but running has always been a solitary pursuit. Yoga is half way inbetween. I love the social aspect of a yoga class, but also enjoy the time for personal reflection during home practice.

So, what is Drums alive?
Old 10-18-2012, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Still no workout for me this week. Got sick yesterday. Stomach ache and cramps. Left work at noon. Went home and slept till 6:30pm when the chills woke me up and I felt like someone ran me over with a truck. Took some ibuprofen for the fever and aches. Was feeling pretty good by the time I went back to bed at 9:30. Wife wants me to help her go pick up new dining room chairs tonight after work so I doubt I will get to the gym yet again.

Jaime:
I have had the same experience feeling bad when I slipped into some of my old eating habits. Hard to believe I felt like that all the time before.

Pam;
I think you need to listen to your body and give it a rest sometimes. Curious to know what your Macro-nutrient percentages are? I don't seem to have a energy problem when I keep my Protein around 30% of my calories.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

back with the program. good row today, in a double, about 20 minutes contnuous effort.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

Yesterday I did 60 push ups, 300 pulse squats, and about five minutes of kick butts, idk what to call them, there supposed to tighten the muscles in your but so i do them. I am now sore in my shoulders from all the push ups, I'm not very good at them. Oh well.

LOVE ALL,
Kaitlyn
Old 10-19-2012, 10:15 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go Jamie and Kaitlyn!!! Hoping to finally get to the gym tonight. Glad you had a good week!
Old 10-19-2012, 03:47 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Kaitlyn, I think if you did 60 push-ups you are very good at them!
Old 10-21-2012, 12:12 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
Pam;
I think you need to listen to your body and give it a rest sometimes. Curious to know what your Macro-nutrient percentages are? I don't seem to have a energy problem when I keep my Protein around 30% of my calories.
Hi Ron,
Just getting back to your question. I have been doing "paleo challenge" with my gym. Basically no grains, sugars, or dairy (and of course not junk or fast food). I haven't been very good about logging foods recently, but my carbs are down to about 20% from fruits and veggies. And that is what I think my problem is, just not enough carbs to keep the engine running. Since I am getting a little tired of chicken, shrimp, salads, and fruit (actually there are other foods in there too) and missing my occasional sandwichs, I am probably just not eating enough calories.

The challenge includes lots of workouts and stretching too. We are in the 6th week of an 8 week program. This has been a very interesting test. After all the years here, and well... just all the years period, I know pretty well what my body needs, so I am doing it mostly to support the younger folks at the gym who have never really spent much time analyzing what they are eating. For them it has been a real eye-opener .
Old 10-22-2012, 06:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Feeling ill, like I'm getting a virus, so no rowing this morning.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

Pam;
I think you are on the right track about not eating enough calories. Especially with your low bodyfat percentage.

Jamie;
Sorry to hear you aren't feeling 100%

No workouts for me at all last week. But I am determined I will not repeat this week. Have set a goal to hit my mini-goal of 220# this week! I am tired of setting the goal and not hitting it. Hopefully my week off will cause my body to kick it in gear and the shock will burn some more fat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.