Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 10-04-2012, 06:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Thursdays normally are cardio then yoga, but today, I skipped cardio, and just went to yoga, it was a sub whom I’ve never worked with before, pretty hard class, I did do a full backbend which amazed me!
Wow Abby, full backbend and you were still able to walk away . Way to go girl.

I realized this morning that I really need to get back to my running routine. I love the Xfit and yoga, but pounding out those miles for an hour or so provides a calming high that the shorter more intense exercise just doesn't equal. I had slowed my running in order to replace it with more mountain biking, but the biking takes a little more prep, so I haven't riden as much as I had hoped. Also our weather has been just too hot even a 6AM to enjoy a run. But the heat has broken and running shoes are whining out of loneliness
Old 10-04-2012, 06:55 AM
FitDay Member

No workout for me (or my son) last night. Had to work on my car that threw a belt. I will not miss again tonight!!!

Way to go everyone else.

Pam,
Good to hear the weather is breaking and you will be able to run again.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
I realized this morning that I really need to get back to my running routine. I love the Xfit and yoga, but pounding out those miles for an hour or so provides a calming high that the shorter more intense exercise just doesn't equal. I had slowed my running in order to replace it with more mountain biking, but the biking takes a little more prep, so I haven't riden as much as I had hoped. Also our weather has been just too hot even a 6AM to enjoy a run. But the heat has broken and running shoes are whining out of loneliness
I agree about the running. Unfortunately most of my running is during the hottest part of the day! I ran for an hour today and the humidity in Va Beach is still pretty bad this time of the year. I was spoiled in Vegas! It may have been hot but it was dry and so much easier to handle!

I also swam/played for an hour tonight at the beach. Water is great this time of year! Big fish and ghost crabs not so much.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:59 PM
FitDay Member

Whenever I do get to run outdoors it is a cause for celebration, but I mostly and a treadmill user, just my habit. Last night turned into a late night, so I set the alarm for six instead of five, which means no Y - I got a lovely walk in but nothing to ambitious.

Abby
Old 10-05-2012, 04:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Woke up this morning at 1:30 and lay there worrying for an hour, so didn't get up for rowing. I need to find another way to get exercise today - hopefully after I get some work organized so it doesn't feel out of control.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
I agree about the running. Unfortunately most of my running is during the hottest part of the day! I ran for an hour today and the humidity in Va Beach is still pretty bad this time of the year. I was spoiled in Vegas! It may have been hot but it was dry and so much easier to handle!

I also swam/played for an hour tonight at the beach. Water is great this time of year! Big fish and ghost crabs not so much.
I agree. I would much rather run in 85* with 20% RH than 75* with 80%RH. I wish I had an ocean closer than 60 miles. And maybe I should add and ocean warmer than 60* The Pacific is pretty darn chilly - even in summer.

We did 100, 200 & 400M (3 reps) sprint intervals today. I do love speed work (although I really wasn't feeling it this morning) but I am looking forward to a nice 6 miler this weekend.

Have an active weekend everyone. Just get out and play!
Old 10-06-2012, 03:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thursdays Workout

Sorry this is a little late. Had a funeral out of town yesterday and wasn't online.

LEG Day: (sets/reps)
Dumbbell Squats: 3/6 60# (x2) (Personal Best)
Barbell Deadlifts: 3/6 125#
Seated Leg Extension Machine: 3/6 165#
Leg Curl Machine: 3/6 140#
Seated Leg Press Machine: 2/6 162.5#, 1/10 162.5#
Abs Crunch Machine: 2/12 140#, 1/6 140# (PB @ 140#)
Hanging Straight Leg Raises: 3/10

Elliptical: 5 min, level 6 pre weights, 35 min, level 6 HIIT, post weights, 3.55 miles 5.32 mph. (Not bad for a Leg Day.)
Old 10-06-2012, 04:14 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
Sorry this is a little late. Had a funeral out of town yesterday and wasn't online.
My condolences Ron-

I didn't do much today, walked around at a Gun Show this morning for a few hours lugging around some ammo. My Bro and I then rode our bikes up to the local pub (2 mile round trip) after spending a few hours shooting.

Going to bed soon- my 1/2 starts @ 7:35 tomorrow morning
Old 10-08-2012, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

SW,
How was the 1/2 marathon? Gun shows are usually fun. (I will be working our family booth at the Denver show next weekend.) What kind of guns were you shooting? We did a shoot a couple of weeks ago with some friends and customers. Had AR-15s, AK-47, Shotguns, 22s, pistols & revolvers. We set up a little 3 gun course where you started with a pistol, changed to AR or AK for a couple of long targets then finished with a shotgun.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
SW,
How was the 1/2 marathon? Gun shows are usually fun. (I will be working our family booth at the Denver show next weekend.) What kind of guns were you shooting? We did a shoot a couple of weeks ago with some friends and customers. Had AR-15s, AK-47, Shotguns, 22s, pistols & revolvers. We set up a little 3 gun course where you started with a pistol, changed to AR or AK for a couple of long targets then finished with a shotgun.
The 1/2 went well, I started way in the back and worked my up to the 2:10 pacer at about the 10k mark. I kept my pace just ahead of him for the remainder of the race. However,my right hamstring start to cramp right at the end of run, right before I crossed the finish line. I was able to stretch out before it got all knotted up.
I was a fun run, there was about 3500 1/2 runners and the temps were in the mid 50's and I ran it in 2:02.

As for the guns, I brought my XD9 and AR and my brother had his Sig .40 and a Ruger .22. Blasted through a couple hundred rounds per gun, it was fun having a few guns to choose from. It was a challenge to go from shooting the .40 and then the .22 and then the AR and back to the 9, it was fun exercise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.