Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 09-05-2012, 11:44 PM
FitDay Member

Something had to get cut this week, I'm basically working two jobs, jury duty sitting on a case, and real work (yes, I could be excused by the law, but my clients should expect immediate response, otherwise they might find another advisor). So, it is the Y that is being cut, but there is lots of tearing around on foot - 40 minutes walking very fast a day (office to court and back).

I know many people write about "why is it attention to yourself you cut?" A good point, but it's only a short time.

Abby
Old 09-06-2012, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

Abby;
Hope the Jury Duty doesn't drag on too long so you can get back to your routine. Good that you are still doing what you can and not using your circumstances as and excuse.

Last Night Chest and Back (sets/reps)
Front Lateral Raises: 3/6 30# Dumbbells
Bench Press: 1/6 55# (Dumbells x 2), 1/5 55#(Dumbells x 2), 1/4 55# (Dumbells x 2)
Laying Pull overs: 3/6 55#
Reclined Flys: 3/6 40# (Dumbells x 2)
T-Bar: 2/6 115#, 1/6 90#
Overhead Lateral Pull Down Machine: 3/6 160#
Abs Machine: 3/20 120# (I've been struggling with the last few reps of the last set but sailed right through to the end this time.)
Back Extensions: 2/8 with 35# weight
Side Crunch on Back Extension stand: 10 each side. (Another new move for me.)
Elliptical: 5 min, level 6 pre-weights, 35 min level 6 HIIT, post-weights.

Last edited by rpmcduff; 09-06-2012 at 02:58 AM. Reason: elliptical entry
Old 09-06-2012, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

Played hookey yesterday and went to 2 baseball games (A's vs. Angels and Giants vs. D-backs). Did lots of walking but that was offset by lots of sitting and eating stadium food and drinking beers

Getting back on track with a visit to the gym after work today and getting prepared for my 2 races this weekend.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Welcome MzMiNi (cute screen name!)
Keep up that running and you'll hit your goal in no time. I will say as a runner, though, make sure get a couple rest days per week. It is while you are resting that your muscles repair themselve and get stronger.

Thanks for the welcome and compliment! Yes I try to rest a day or two.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Beautiful morning today. In a four-person racing skull for the first time! We didn't do too badly
Old 09-06-2012, 09:48 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Everyone.
SW I envy your ball games. DH is a Sox fan, and as Abby can attest baseball is a nasty word about now. Glad you enjoyed yourself.
Abby taking a week off really isn't a bad thing - in fact you may find you are stronger than ever with an extended rest. Good luck w/the jury. Sometimes it can get tedious.
Ron, you just keep pumping those reps out - glad you are seeing some changes from the scale, not just the mirrors and reflections.
MzMiNi, Hi! glad to see you back, I thought you had abandoned us .

Did track intervals last night. 3 reps of 1200 meters (3/4 of a mile). Each 1200m is 3 times around the track. I am getting much better at running on a track now, as opposed to feeling like a turtle in a turtle bowl. I am getting better at focusing on the run instead of looking all around wonder when the torture would end. Last night I got into that groove where I didn't even realize that I was on the last lap. OH and very stead 6:06, 6:06 and 6:07 minute 3/4 miles.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:10 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Pam - congratulations on your run!

I tried a new activity today - a "Yoga Core" class at my gym. I logged it as "light to moderate calisthenics," because the only yoga in the activities list was Hatha yoga stretching, which doesn't reflect the exertion of this kind. The classes meet Monday, Wed. and Friday, which fits well with rowing on Tue. and Thurs.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:47 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I took 11,739 steps today....at work now to work in a quick strength training routine. Truth be told, I struggle with strength training because I'm just not that creative and get bored quickly with doing the same, basic hand-weight routine that I know. Any ideas for a good 5-10 minute routine that I can do when I have time (morning or night)?
Old 09-07-2012, 02:53 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by JaimeMWS
Pam - congratulations on your run!

I tried a new activity today - a "Yoga Core" class at my gym. I logged it as "light to moderate calisthenics," because the only yoga in the activities list was Hatha yoga stretching, which doesn't reflect the exertion of this kind. The classes meet Monday, Wed. and Friday, which fits well with rowing on Tue. and Thurs.

ooooh, that sounds like a great compliment to the rowing! I think you picked the right activity, although it sounds like a little more than "light" to me .
Old 09-07-2012, 05:56 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by tonysgdbg
I took 11,739 steps today....at work now to work in a quick strength training routine. Truth be told, I struggle with strength training because I'm just not that creative and get bored quickly with doing the same, basic hand-weight routine that I know. Any ideas for a good 5-10 minute routine that I can do when I have time (morning or night)?
The "Mark's Daily Apple" site has a "Primal Fitness Blueprint" that doesn't require equipment. You might check it out. The daily walking that you are already doing is part of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.