Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 06-19-2012, 12:48 AM
FitDay Member

Exclamation :/

I've been reviewing some of the posts on here about people's workout. I thought half a mile bike ride was good I guess not.

LOVE ALL,
Kaitlyn
Old 06-19-2012, 12:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Keily664
I've been reviewing some of the posts on here about people's workout. I thought half a mile bike ride was good I guess not.

LOVE ALL,
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn, any time you challenge yourself, that's good. Did you get out of bed and get through today? Thats good, plenty of days the world seems too nasty to do that.

Your half mile bike ride is good if you are pushing to get there, if you're just coasting and smelling the flowers, well, that has value too, but probably won't help your fitness much.

The person you're racing is yourself!

Abby
Old 06-19-2012, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
We’re trying – but he’s claiming something about a server being down, or so the Germans would have you believe (I have a German name, I think I can say that).
I'm going to talk to the gym staff to make sure they are connected to the Expresso server, I've ridden a few more times since Saturday and my account is still not updating.

LOVE ALL,
Kaitlyn
At least you're out there making an effort- you gotta start somewhere
Old 06-19-2012, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

LOVE ALL,
Kaitlyn
Keily,

We all start somewhere! Trust me, there have been times even this year where I couldn't run a city block without feeling winded. I wondered how I'd ever be able to run 13 miles! But a friend suckered me into signing up for a race in October and since now I've invested a non-refundable $85 into it, I pretty much have to. (Who knew stinginess could be a motivator?).

Half a mile today, 1 mile tomorrow, 2 miles next week. You'll add more distance and be impressed with yourself as long as you don't get disheartened and give up — we've got your back!
Old 06-19-2012, 06:07 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Thanks

Thanks everyone for the motivation. I really needed it!! I don't get much from my family. My mom gives me the stink eye every time I head out for my half a mile ride.

Anywho I am planning on adding to it so that it's a mile bike ride, but right now it's all I can do to ride HALF a mile much less a WHOLE MILE. I may be young, but that doesn't always mean you can work out more!!

LOVE ALL,
Kaitlyn
Old 06-19-2012, 06:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks everyone for the motivation. I really needed it!! I don't get much from my family. My mom gives me the stink eye every time I head out for my half a mile ride.

Anywho I am planning on adding to it so that it's a mile bike ride, but right now it's all I can do to ride HALF a mile much less a WHOLE MILE. I may be young, but that doesn't always mean you can work out more!!

LOVE ALL,
Kaitlyn
Hi Kaitlyn,
Give yourself a big old pat on the back!
As Nik said, we all start out somewhere and to be honest I've found that the early stages of fitness were some of the best days because you will progress so fast - I can pretty much guarentee it, if you stick with it.

Families can be kind of a pain when you are trying make the changes to a healthier lifestyle. There are a lot of reasons for that. Check out some of the older threads (use the search feature) and you will see that you have lots of company. The big thing is to remember this is your life (even if you are still young), so do the things that you know will help you in the long run. In many cases family members will come around. And sometimes they even start exercising and eating better themselves.

Keep us up to date on your progress. We are in your corner, my friend.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

Nice run, messing with the elevation throughout, 30 minutes, 3.3 miles, no speed records, but felt good and challenging.

Boot Camp was a little scaled down, the instructor was concerned about us getting heat stroke (we're having a heat wave, and the basketball court where that class meets is poorly aircondtioned).

Feel good and ready to face the next 50 years - one day at a time.

Abby
Old 06-20-2012, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

Angry Heat it's uncool!!

It's 103.6 today so my mom said I couldn't ride my bike or walk so I just did 30 crunches and 60 side crunches, 30 for each side, I hate heat!!!

It better not be this hot on my birthday which is in only a week and a half!!! Can't wait for July 1st

LOVE ALL,
Kaitlyn
Old 06-20-2012, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

It's 103.6 today so my mom said I couldn't ride my bike or walk so I just did 30 crunches and 60 side crunches, 30 for each side, I hate heat!!!

It better not be this hot on my birthday which is in only a week and a half!!! Can't wait for July 1st

LOVE ALL,
Kaitlyn
I'm going to respect your mom on this one - not that it is up to me, but people do die in that kind of heat. I agree with you on hating the heat - I'd take blizzards any day!

But, keep sneaking in the crunches, and crank that water!

My Y has free memberships for teens this summer (it's tied to a city program to keep them off the streets too) anything like that you can get into so you could find air conditioning and exercise?

Abby
Old 06-20-2012, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

We don't have a Y near us so no gym for me :/

I just watched a video that said doing ab exercises will only make you look like you have a bigger belly. Cause your building muscle under the fat. Is this truth or lie??

PEACE OUT,
Kaitlyn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.