Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 04-09-2011, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
The weather is finally coming back around--I think the snow is done for a few months. Was almost 50 out yesterday, though a bit windy. Had a very good walk--even threw a little jogging in here and there. Finished my 1.92 miles with plenty of time to spare in my 30 minute lunch time.

I think I might try walking a full 5K this weekend though probably not at full speed but we'll see.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Regards,
Michael
50F sounds refreshing! Was 85F here yesterday, makes it hard to get motivated to go outside and do anything. I guess we all have a our hills to face. You seem to be in a more cheerful mood. Glad to see it. Hope you have a great weekend.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Good job Kimbur!
thanks! still haven't tried that running thing yet, but am seeing improvement in my endurance on the machines so maybe in the future I'll get there.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kimbur96
thanks! still haven't tried that running thing yet, but am seeing improvement in my endurance on the machines so maybe in the future I'll get there.
You'll get there, I started to build up my endurance on the tredmill & elliptical and eventually transitioned to running outside.

I'm taking it easy today, I've got a 5k race tomorrow morning.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Did my usual 2.5 miles this morning on the treadmill, but since my pulse rate has dropped at the end, I increased the elevation a little, from 1.5% to 3% grade. STILL didn't get my pulse rate up by the end of my walk. I hate increasing the time on the treadmill, but since my aim is to be in shape for backpacking, upping the grade makes sense to me. The fact that my pulse refuses to creep back up might actually mean that I'm doing that mystical thing called "getting in shape", which at age 63 just blows my mind.

Tomorrow, a couple of friends and I are doing a short hike to a lake (approximately the equivalent of my morning workout, with a steady increase in elevation and the added interest of waterfalls and rockhopping). Taking a daypack and essentials, which will add weight. Really looking forward to it, even if it means spectacularly muddy boots at the end. Nice to get back into the Adirondack woods!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Ratsmouth
Did my usual 2.5 miles this morning on the treadmill, but since my pulse rate has dropped at the end, I increased the elevation a little, from 1.5% to 3% grade. STILL didn't get my pulse rate up by the end of my walk. I hate increasing the time on the treadmill, but since my aim is to be in shape for backpacking, upping the grade makes sense to me. The fact that my pulse refuses to creep back up might actually mean that I'm doing that mystical thing called "getting in shape", which at age 63 just blows my mind.

Tomorrow, a couple of friends and I are doing a short hike to a lake (approximately the equivalent of my morning workout, with a steady increase in elevation and the added interest of waterfalls and rockhopping). Taking a daypack and essentials, which will add weight. Really looking forward to it, even if it means spectacularly muddy boots at the end. Nice to get back into the Adirondack woods!
Yup, it's "mud season" here in New England! If you haven't, you should come up to Maine sometime if you want some scenic hikes (not that the Adironcacks aren't scenic, of course).

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-09-2011, 07:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Ok this is not active but the best I could swing..Johnny Mathis and I did an hour on the chi machine, today might be better!
Old 04-09-2011, 12:27 PM
FitDay Member

35 minutes on the treadmill including 10 minute walk, 10 minute jog (essentially a 20 minute warmup since I woke up feeling sluggish),then 10 minutes HIIT and 5 minute cooldown followed by 15 minutes on the elyptical with 2 minute warmup, 8 minutes HIIT and 5 minute cooldown. About 4-5 minutes of stretching concluded the workout.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:17 PM
FitDay Member

I got my workout in. 50 minutes of strength training and right after went jogging for 5.88 miles. I have an Android phone and I downloaded an app called endomondo that tracks how fast/far you run or whatever exercise you did. At the end, it tells you per mile how fast you went. So in an hour and eight minutes got those 5.88 in. My fastest mile was 12:17. Tomorrow, I will improve upon that number. I still felt amazing afterwards. My jogging consisted of a med pace with sprint bursts in between to trick my body. Ready to go again!!
Old 04-10-2011, 10:18 AM
FitDay Member

Michael, now that I'm retired, I hope to do a LOT more sightseeing in New England. I was born in Connecticut and have yet to visit Maine. (No lobster will be safe.) Today's hike was GREAT. Got to try out my new daypack, and I love it. I intentionally loaded it with more weight than was necessary and barely felt it. Last year at this time, I wouldn't have been able to do this trail, as it's pretty consistently uphill. Did at least the equivalent of my regular workout and got some pictures of waterfalls and the lake, which is still frozen over. Lots of snow on the trail. Stopped for lunch next to the lake and did a little trash cleanup on the way back. Heck of an easy way to get the exercise in.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:36 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Sw07

Originally Posted by sw07
You'll get there, I started to build up my endurance on the tredmill & elliptical and eventually transitioned to running outside.

I'm taking it easy today, I've got a 5k race tomorrow morning.
How did your race go?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.