Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 03-17-2012, 05:15 PM
FitDay Member

Today was pure cardio, 48 minutes of changing speeds and inclines. HR averaged 140. Total rest day Sunday.
Lastri, make sure you rest
Old 03-18-2012, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by crazigerl
I can only tell you my experience as everyone is different. I started with a night splint, taping my foot and had to do that religiously for a solid six months. I did exercises everyday and rolled my foot on a frozen water bottle. It is now 3 years later, there are times I don't remember I have it as I wear orthotics, birkenstocks at home and never wear flip flops. I guess the answer is for me that I will always have it but that it is manageable. Giving up the cheap flip flops was hard but there are some stylish ones out now that are supportive. It took me about a year to run again.

Thanks for the info. I am glad to hear that you can run again eventually. I discover running late but I love it. I wanted to run whenever the weather is nice or when we travel to a beautiful places. Kind of weird but I have the urge in me that say I want to run. Thank you.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:29 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default New England Hiker

Originally Posted by mecompco
Great job! You should come up to Maine and do the end of the Appalachian Trail. I would suggest sometime after the blackflies are gone, though!

Regards,
Michael
I'm getting my hiking miles in- how do you manage your food on a backpack when trying to lose weight? Hard to pack a salad, which I live on for the rest of the week- hard to break down the value of a trail bar. Yes, we are hiking hard in the mountains, and easy to eat more than needed. right now my answer is to eat every few hours and go back on plan when I get home.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Carzigerl – I have sometimes done those races on the rower – they are fun, but I stopped due to blisters – I found gloves too sweaty .

Mai – I love that “tired in a good way feeling”

Diane, I’d give myself a break on heavy hiking days, but you are sound like those days are frequent enough that’s not wise!

Thanks all for your kind words on my gold star, but I won’t earn one this week – got to bed nice and early but somehow pillow won over alarm clock. Got a little beautiful walk on my way to the train, but nothing serious – although yesterday about two hours of dirt moving in the yard. It’s spring in New England, amazing beautiful time!
Old 03-19-2012, 04:58 PM
FitDay Member

Oh Abby, moving dirt for two hours sounds exhausting.

Today was rowing and treadmill and elliptical. Yep pure cardio.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

Crazigerl - you are well named - three forms of cardio? I hope you weren't doing them at the same time.

I'm a little under the weather - sort of a head cold, but not enough to make excuses, just enough to make life more difficult. Spin class today was intervals, I did them all, but didn't go all out on all of them. Still did more than sitting on the couch!

Have fun today!
Old 03-20-2012, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday, I did cardio and try to restrict on carbs. It didn't work. I was tired the whole day.
Today, I did cardio work out too. But I went for some coffee with friends, so I can't avoid carb. And I actually feel better. Not as exhausted
I think Carb is not so bad after all.
Mai
Old 03-20-2012, 08:13 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by lastri
Yesterday, I did cardio and try to restrict on carbs. It didn't work. I was tired the whole day.
Today, I did cardio work out too. But I went for some coffee with friends, so I can't avoid carb. And I actually feel better. Not as exhausted
I think Carb is not so bad after all.
Mai
It's all about moderation Mai. Carbs are important, especially when you need to refuel your body. I am glad you are feeling a little better.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:57 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
It's all about moderation Mai. Carbs are important, especially when you need to refuel your body. I am glad you are feeling a little better.
You are right RBS find when I'm lagging a car and protein combo is just the ticket.

Abby I hope you are feeling better. Me personally I'm the worst sickie when it is in the head. I do much better when it is a flu.

Today was Zumba. I also bought an inversion table and you can do exercises on that. I was starting to sweat doing the situps and the inverting. I bought it for my back and while it does nothing for my neck it totally re-aligns my hips and feels so good.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, this protein carb discussion is interesting – I realized how my lunches were very carb heavy and switched to almost all protein. Yesterday I didn’t have time to make a proper lunch and grabbed a box of Thai Sweet Potato soup from the cabinet – yummy, but not much protein. I was a gobbling fool when I got home!
Thanks Crazigerl, feeling much better – did a great workout today – 3.25 miles (and got the 5K part of that done in 26 minutes! ) then did boot camp class. Great start!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.