Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 03-15-2012, 04:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default P90x

I started to do P90X a few days ago. hopefully I can get back to running soon. Plantar Fasciitis is no fun.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

30 Day Shred level 2 day 4 ... Starting yesterday I moved away from doing the beginner forms of the exercises on the plank jacks & plant thrusts. I think the only beginner thing I am doing now is single jump rope instead of double. But geeesh! I'm a fat girl and can't jump that high!

Then at lunch today I got outside in the beautiful sunny 70* weather and took a 1-1/2 mile walk. Just enough to almost break a sweat.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:39 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by lastri
I started to do P90X a few days ago. hopefully I can get back to running soon. Plantar Fasciitis is no fun.
Welcome back Mai,
I saw your post in the motivation thread. Try not to get so down on yourself. We all slip up. As the saying goes: it isn't how many times you fall, but how many times you get back up. Keep up with the P90X and I know you will get great results.

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
30 Day Shred level 2 day 4 ... Starting yesterday I moved away from doing the beginner forms of the exercises on the plank jacks & plant thrusts. I think the only beginner thing I am doing now is single jump rope instead of double. But geeesh! I'm a fat girl and can't jump that high!

Then at lunch today I got outside in the beautiful sunny 70* weather and took a 1-1/2 mile walk. Just enough to almost break a sweat.
Wow, great job taking it to the next level! You know what? for all the stuff I can do, I still can't do double jumps . It's timing, coordination, and speed, and I just can't put them all together.

Xfit was great. Did the workout as prescribe again - whoo hoo! 10 min AMRAP (as many rounds as possible in 10 minutes) 20# dumbbell push presses - 20 reps, followed by 20 reps of 65# front squats. I got 3 rounds done with lots of breaks during each section.

A funny thing happen though. During the 2nd round of push presses (weights on the shoulders and then lifted overhead) I was thinking there is no way I can continue with 20lbs, so I went over to find a pair of 15lbs - there weren't any left! So I told myself I would just have to suck it up and get it done - and I did .
Old 03-15-2012, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

Woohoo Pam .... Get 'er done!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 03:45 PM
FitDay Member

Lastri, I have plantar fascitis, just make sure you never go barefoot, thats what is working for me.

April, 2 sessions of exercise, that's awesome. I can do double jumps if I want to fall flat on my face.

Pam, AMRAPS in 10 minutes, does that go fast???? It sounds killer. I miss the shoulder exercises.

Today I got up half an hour earlier and did the treadmill for 28 minutes. Tomorrow is spinning again they got new bikes with a lot more fancy doodads. The other ones were just tension belts with very little readout stats. Very low-tech.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:14 AM
FitDay Member

Mai (Lastri) great to see you again – my sister, a great runner suffers from Plantar Fasciitis, and has lost several months – hates it (one way she found to ice- which everyone may know, but it seemed so smart I’ll share it – put a small water bottle in the freezer – it’s just the right shape to roll under the arch of your foot full of ice).

You GO Wildbeaerz – I did 30 day shred when I was unemployed (and couldn't afford a gym) and never made it level 3.

Pam, as you’ve noted about double jumps – they aren’t even an area I’ll try to develop – and what a great X Fit – can’t get the right weight? OK, I’ll go higher.

Crazigerl, I love the read out on the bikes at the Y – it makes you set points to strive for.

Spinning today was an endurance ride with some intervals at the end. Frankly, this doesn’t make a lot of sense to me – we had the same amount of class time, and we normally endure through that going all out – I would think for an endurance ride you need to allow more time as it’s about keeping going longer. It was challenging on my legs, which knew that I had done a lot of lunges Wednesday and five mile run yesterday, but it wasn’t all that challenging on my heart (ah well, I have romance to challenge my heart!).

Got a gold star from the Y receptionist for showing up every day (she keeps them to give to the kids, I guess I look immature) Tomorrow, I rest!

Have a great weekend everyone
Old 03-16-2012, 04:08 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby

Got a gold star from the Y receptionist for showing up every day (she keeps them to give to the kids, I guess I look immature) Tomorrow, I rest!

Have a great weekend everyone
Abby you should get a gold star with all the effort you put in.

Today was all strength, chest, back, arms and legs. Also rowing. I love the rowing machine for the race function. You race against the machine.

Tomorrow is all cardio.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:19 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by crazigerl
Abby you should get a gold star with all the effort you put in.

Today was all strength, chest, back, arms and legs. Also rowing. I love the rowing machine for the race function. You race against the machine.

Tomorrow is all cardio.

Hi gerl,
I love the rowing machines too! But I seem to be in the minority. Most of my gym-mates hate it. I am not really sure why. Our machines have this silly game where you are a fish trying to avoid a shark. The fish can go up and down on the screen to avoid the shark depending on your speed. I really enjoy it because I spend more time focused on the little screen than thinking about how tired I am and I tend to get the giggles feeling like a little kid .

Abby you are a gold star winner every day of the week!
Old 03-17-2012, 12:48 PM
FitDay Member

Pam: Thanks! I try, and do stationary bike instead of jumping on my feet for a while.

Crazigerl: Yeah, the doctor order me to wear shoes at all time with the insert. It's hard because I love bare foot and flip flop.
Will this ever be heal? Can I go back to run and walk? The doctor said I can but it's been a while and I still can't yet.

Dear-abby: thanks for the tips. I will try it. I did give my feet an ice bath but it hurt my toes so much because it's so cold.

Today is my 6th day straight of work out. I am very tired in a good way. My whole body sore. But I know I did the right thing for my body. I remember this feeling 10 months ago. I went to bed at 9 and got up at 6 am ready to work out.

Mai
Old 03-17-2012, 05:10 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lastri
Crazigerl: Yeah, the doctor order me to wear shoes at all time with the insert. It's hard because I love bare foot and flip flop.
Will this ever be heal? Can I go back to run and walk? The doctor said I can but it's been a while and I still can't yet.

Mai
I can only tell you my experience as everyone is different. I started with a night splint, taping my foot and had to do that religiously for a solid six months. I did exercises everyday and rolled my foot on a frozen water bottle. It is now 3 years later, there are times I don't remember I have it as I wear orthotics, birkenstocks at home and never wear flip flops. I guess the answer is for me that I will always have it but that it is manageable. Giving up the cheap flip flops was hard but there are some stylish ones out now that are supportive. It took me about a year to run again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.