Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 03-13-2012, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by crazigerl
Went to the gym, attempted to do an engaged workout but for some reason my butt has been dragging the last couple of days. So did steady state cardio for 45 minutes and shoulders.

Have to channel Abby in the energy department.
Not always, some days each of us has more energy than others. Today in Spin Class I decided “everyday does not have to be a personal best” – the instructor must live in my head, at that moment he said “OK folks give it your all, you’ve got 30 seconds more on this one” – and so I did. It does feel great! I followed with crunch time, and had a pleasant memory of working with one of the trainers on the decline bench who pushed me saying “go all the way back, even if you need to use your hands to start the next one” – and I had to – now I can’t use my hands because they are holding a weight.

Thanks for the encoragement Pam – keeps me going!

There was one guy in the weight room who blew my mind – I know, it’s not a competiton, and it’s not polite to stare, but he was doing pull ups unassisted (in itself impressive), with a 15 lb dumbell hanging from his weight belt. No, I’ll never be him, I don’t even want to be, but I expect he’s h aving the same joy in that dumbell that I am in moving from 25 crunches to 30.

Have fun today!
Old 03-13-2012, 07:18 AM
FitDay Member

My workout today is to avoid going to Zumba. I told my friend to drag me there kicking and screaming and that's likely the only way I'll go. I have this image of lying on the gym floor refusing to participate. Not having a good day!!! The workout would be good for me but my mood might darken the room! Mary
Old 03-13-2012, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

I did my 20 mins of Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred this morning and followed it up with a 40 min / 2 mile walk on lunch this afternoon. (Did this yesterday too) Feels Good!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 12:46 PM
FitDay Member

Talking

Back on track with exercise this week! I walked four miles and used my handweights. It feels great to be out there moving again.
Tomorrows another day!
Old 03-13-2012, 12:53 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
There was one guy in the weight room who blew my mind – I know, it’s not a competiton, and it’s not polite to stare, but he was doing pull ups unassisted (in itself impressive), with a 15 lb dumbell hanging from his weight belt. No, I’ll never be him, I don’t even want to be, but I expect he’s h aving the same joy in that dumbell that I am in moving from 25 crunches to 30.

Have fun today!
hhmmmm, yup I see that from time to time at my gym. IDK, the guys doing it don't always look like they are having fun

Originally Posted by Kumochi
My workout today is to avoid going to Zumba. I told my friend to drag me there kicking and screaming and that's likely the only way I'll go. I have this image of lying on the gym floor refusing to participate. Not having a good day!!! The workout would be good for me but my mood might darken the room! Mary
Is it possible to pout in room full of crazy Zumba (mostly) ladies? I don't think so! I hope you took the motivational thread's title to heart and got off your butt, woman. Few things cure a grumpy day like getting a good sweat on - especially if you just feel like talking back to the instrutor .

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I did my 20 mins of Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred this morning and followed it up with a 40 min / 2 mile walk on lunch this afternoon. (Did this yesterday too) Feels Good!!!
April it is no wonder you are consistenly losing pound after pound. You are one dedicated exerciser - keep up the great work.

Did my (maybe) 3rd workout ever at the prescribe weights this morning. I knew I could do the deadlifts at 55lb, and thought I could get through most of the shoulder presses at 55lbs, but I have never done wall ball shots with anything heavier than 12lbs, and even that wasn't my best performance. 14lbs is a huge jump up. But I decided to sacrifice number of reps for heavy weight and go for the 14. The workout involved 3 rounds of each plus box jumps (I thought of Abby the whole way through) and rowing. 1 min per movement no break from one movement to the next. I was right... the other folks had a lot more reps w/lighter weights and I barely got 6 reps of the 14lb ball, but I did the goll dang thing at prescribed - whooo hooo me!
Old 03-14-2012, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
I love the picture – I once got down on the floor with a toddler who was throwing a tantrum – I said “No Travis, you need to kick your feet at the same time, like this, it’s a much better tantrum” He stopped and stared – his mom may have hated me, but I did stop that tantrum – the next one might be louder.

Great to see you here Wildbeanerz – sounds like a gread day of workout and walks – as spring comes they’ll get more rewarding.

You too Shannon – keep moving and we’ll keep encouraging

Pam, you inspire me – someone started a thread “who are your mentors” it looks like spam, so I didn’t post there, but you are one of mine. Great job!
Today was an interval run (I thought it just changed the incline, I was halfway through before I realized it was changing the speed too!) I did that for half an hour and 3.2 miles, then boot camp class, oh the squats!
Abby
Old 03-14-2012, 12:53 PM
FitDay Member

Glad to be back on Fitday, and see this post! Very inspiring! We had a "snow day" here, so I was able to spend 1.5 hours at the gym - yay! 30 min intense spinning and then 45 minutes weights. Then wall sits, planks, and abs. Good workout. I'm training for triathlons this summer, but my food intake is negating my hard work. Hoping for a good fat loss now that I am tracking again.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:53 PM
FitDay Member

Interval training today and supersets. It was a good day.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Michelle – sounds like an amazing workout!

Crazigerl you must be getting ripped, I imitated you today and did an interval run – the first mile was 6.1 mph, and going from incline zero to 3, then I cut the incline ups in half, but increased the speed, getting up to 7 mph for a few intervals, made my 5K time in just under half an hour which isn’t a great time for me, but with the inclines added, I’m proud of it. Took a minute to walk and then kept going to make it five miles, 50 minutes.

Now, if only I could apply myself to work with the same enthusiasm.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Welcome Michelle – sounds like an amazing workout!

Now, if only I could apply myself to work with the same enthusiasm.
Funny... I am in the same place. Work just doesn't seem all that interesting right now.

Off to Xfit. I'll report in later on the today's torture routine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.