Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 03-01-2012, 12:38 PM
FitDay Member

Made it to the gym again. legs for weights training today, followed by 30 minutes on the elliptical
Old 03-01-2012, 04:40 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
I packed my gym bag and put it in the car. Does that count? Hope to have more to report later. Snow is turning to water so can"t do much outdoors. Mary
Welllll, it counts for something , but maybe not a lot of calories burned

Originally Posted by kimbur96
Made it to the gym again. legs for weights training today, followed by 30 minutes on the elliptical
Whew, nice work on the legs!

CrossFit was really rather annoying this morning. To begin with the skill work was "double unders" that is jump rope with the rope passing under your feet twice for each jump. It is a skill I just cannot master and the worst part is the penalty for missing the jump is whip marks across your body. (I have several). The second annoyance was that work out included "knees to elbows" which means you have to hang on the bar and kip, lift or whatever to get your knees up to your elbow. It is really a technique thing not so much a strength thing and again one I just can master. To make it worse my area on the bar kept getting encroached on by the other atheletes, so I basically had no place else to work out. Luckily it was only a small part of the overall workout so the rest went well. But I really was about to punch someone.

Last edited by RunbikeSki; 03-01-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
. But I really was about to punch someone.
Be sure you log it if you do!

Mary, carrying gym bag to car is something, I've been known to stand curling the bag of groceries before unpacking it.

Nothing to report - I did a little snow shoveling, but it was too icy to run and I had a 7 AM appointment to get an estimate at home so no Y.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Be sure you log it if you do!

Mary, carrying gym bag to car is something, I've been known to stand curling the bag of groceries before unpacking it.

Nothing to report - I did a little snow shoveling, but it was too icy to run and I had a 7 AM appointment to get an estimate at home so no Y.

Nothing to report for me either. Can't use the snow and ice excuse, but I will be going into the field to look at one of my experiments this afternoon. A nice stroll in the foothills is actually just what I need right now. I think the weekend will be very active.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:22 AM
FitDay Member

Made it to the gym this morning for x 5 of the week woohoo! Did deltoids and triceps, 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 on the treadmill. My treadmill is improving I did:
walk 3
jog 12
walk 5
jog 10. eventually i'd like to be able to jog/run the whole 30 minutes.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:40 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kimbur96
Made it to the gym this morning for x 5 of the week woohoo! Did deltoids and triceps, 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 on the treadmill. My treadmill is improving I did:
walk 3
jog 12
walk 5
jog 10. eventually i'd like to be able to jog/run the whole 30 minutes.

Way to go Kim! Just keep working on the dreadmill, your pace and endurance will continue to improve and you will be jogging the entire 30 minutes befoe you know it.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:40 PM
FitDay Member

I bought a new yoga video but it was way too advanced and I gave up. Did 24 minutes on the treadmill and stretching. Not much as yesterdays interval training wore me out.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:06 AM
FitDay Member

Looking good Kim a!nd Crazigerl - it is amazing when you realize what was hard is now your starting point and there is is a "new hard". I just finished a glorious 5 K run (actully 3.9 miles, but who's counting) Just over half an hour, with birds tweeting, and the early bulb starting to peek through the last of the snow.

rejoice
Old 03-04-2012, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Looking good Kim a!nd Crazigerl - it is amazing when you realize what was hard is now your starting point and there is is a "new hard". I just finished a glorious 5 K run (actully 3.9 miles, but who's counting) Just over half an hour, with birds tweeting, and the early bulb starting to peek through the last of the snow.

rejoice
That's awesome!! There is a local 5k the end of the month. I think I may set my eyes on that. It would be my first ever 5 k.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:36 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Kimbur,
Definitely sign up for that race. I think you will really enjoy the whole atmosphere of fit people just out celebrating being fit. If you do... log into the TEAM FITDAY thread and tell us how the training is going and ultimately how your race went.

See you there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.