Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 02-28-2012, 12:07 AM
FitDay Member

Kimbur - I read about your dives on the other thread, one of my clients is actually doing some of the science related to the decompression studies at Duke - small world.

Mary, struggling against the fetters tying you to your desk must burn some calories!

For me it was a good spin class, pushed a limit at one point but didn't die. After that, crunch time, and they are getting easier.

Have a fit day!

Abby
Old 02-28-2012, 12:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Kimbur - I read about your dives on the other thread, one of my clients is actually doing some of the science related to the decompression studies at Duke - small world.

Mary, struggling against the fetters tying you to your desk must burn some calories!

For me it was a good spin class, pushed a limit at one point but didn't die. After that, crunch time, and they are getting easier.

Have a fit day!

Abby
Not dieing is a good start to a good day

Mary, I hope you get unfettered today, and Kimbur your diving experiences sound like so much fun.

Off to X-Fit this morning, first day back after 2 weeks... should be "fun"
Old 02-28-2012, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hope to get untied from desk sometime today. The sun is shining. I may quit at 3 and come home to ski. I'll likely just do the shoreline. It's my best choice if I'm out alone. Have an active day everyone. Mary
Old 02-28-2012, 12:49 PM
FitDay Member

Abby wow it is a small world isn't it. I know a couple of people there from being a lab rat for a couple of their studies.

Mary hope you got off early and were able to get some skiing in.

I did chest and hamstrings today for weights and 30 min on the elliptical followed by some core work.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, hope you indeed had “fun” getting back to cross fit.

Mary, hope the desk released you – skiing sounds like a great joy

Kimbur – what do you do for hamstrings?

Today was a half hour run (3.19 miles), followed by bootcamp class – it’s a great class, although, if I were teaching it, I’d ride the students harder – it’s a half hour, three segments of something intense (like squats and pushups) with one minute breaks in between. I could get my class mates to hate me by telling the instructor this.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

Any of the leg curl machines work your hamstrings. Most gyms have a sitting and a lying version. I use both. I start with the sitting. I am much stronger in that position 3 x 10 as heavy as I can. Then Move to the lying machine. This one you are laying facedown curling your legs up. I do 10 repetitions with my legs as wide as the padding will allow then bring the legs in so the ankles are touching and do another 10 without stopping in between those two. I do three sets of those. Followed by three sets of 10 on the butt burner machine. this one is mostly glutes but it does have some hamstring accessorie use.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for your reply Kimbur - I've never done those I'll ask someone to show me how.

Today I set out to do a good run, as I often to on Thursdays, but realized in the locker room that I had an old and imperfect bra on (sorry guys) this makes running not very comfortable, so I just gave an elliptical my time, nothing special.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

was too tired to post yesterday, but i did back/biceps for weights, then 30 min on elliptical and 30 on the treadmill. Increased the treadmill from 3.5 walk to a 4.5 jog for 22 of the 30 minutes (well it really went like this walk 3, jog 10, walk 5 jog 12)... but still a huge improvement for me. I have very little tolerance to running and it's something i would really like to improve. It would be great to by able to strap some shoes on and go out for a 5 mile run.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

everyday. I commute to work by bicycle. On Saturdays I ride for fun, on Sundays I ride to church. Cardio is built into my day.

Lift weights 2 or three times a week.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:59 AM
FitDay Member

I packed my gym bag and put it in the car. Does that count? Hope to have more to report later. Snow is turning to water so can"t do much outdoors. Mary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.