Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 02-09-2012, 05:37 PM
FitDay Member

Happy Anniversary Abby, that's quite the accomplishment

Pam, everytime you post I have to google your lingo (wall balls) but the good thing is that I learn a new exercise to do, no off to google Crossfit.

Yesterday was all weights for upper body, today was complete lower body and stair climbing.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:00 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, box jumps terrify me – anything with moving through the air and landing seems destined to involve broken ankles. Sounds like a great workout!

Crazigerl, sounds like an impressive two days – stair climbing is hard!

Today was spinning, interval ride where you kill yourself for 5 to 45 seconds, and then take 20 seconds off – it was fun and challenging. A small class (two of us), and the other student snuck out before stretching (we’re right next to a big hospital, and people with 7 AM shifts can make it if they sneak out and shower fast) – this gave the instructor the chance to give me some helpful feedback on my form.

I ended up with a good challenging core workout – I’ve added side planks.
And now hard at work.
Stay strong friends!
Old 02-10-2012, 03:38 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry I have been m.i.a. haven't been to the gym or on a run in two weeks!!!

My knee is feeling better today so i went for a ten mile bike ride, plan on doing some elipticaling Sunday than running starting Tuesday if the knee feels good
Old 02-10-2012, 04:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Today was my two year anniversary at the Y, and my one year at FitDay – I remember because it’s the same day as my sister’s birthday. I decided that since running has become fairly routine for me, I’ll start messing with elevation, so I did a random hill pattern today – I kept to 6.1 MPH average, with some slow downs on the top of the hills, and clocked 4 miles in 40 minutes – not an amazing speed but I’m adding in this hill stuff, so I feel good about it.
Have a great day!
Abby
Abby I forgot to congradulate you on your anniversary - what a way to stick to it. If I knew how to add one of those animations I would add a big one. So many people start out with the best of intentions and just fade away. It sounds like you have the most awesome Y ever, so much skilled assistance, great classes and lots of motivational tools and tricks

Originally Posted by crazigerl
Happy Anniversary Abby, that's quite the accomplishment

Pam, everytime you post I have to google your lingo (wall balls) but the good thing is that I learn a new exercise to do, no off to google Crossfit.

Yesterday was all weights for upper body, today was complete lower body and stair climbing.
Hi gerl, sorry for the lingo . CrossFit definitely has a vocabulary all of its own. But I guess I am pleased that you are inspired enough to look it up. They also really like to abbreviate everything; so when you go into the Box (gym) the WOD (workout of the day) is posted on the WB (whiteboard). It often has KBS (kettle ball swings), SDL (sumo deadlifts) and 400m (which usually means a run, but sometimes a row). There is always an Rx (prescribed) weigh associated with all of the movements and most people are looking for some sort of PR (personal record). I still have to ask for translations from time to time

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Pam, box jumps terrify me – anything with moving through the air and landing seems destined to involve broken ankles. Sounds like a great workout!

Crazigerl, sounds like an impressive two days – stair climbing is hard!

Today was spinning, interval ride where you kill yourself for 5 to 45 seconds, and then take 20 seconds off – it was fun and challenging. A small class (two of us), and the other student snuck out before stretching (we’re right next to a big hospital, and people with 7 AM shifts can make it if they sneak out and shower fast) – this gave the instructor the chance to give me some helpful feedback on my form.

I ended up with a good challenging core workout – I’ve added side planks.
And now hard at work.
Stay strong friends!
Box jumps are a bit of a nemesis for me, still. If I am going for a PR @ Rx (see above) I will often set the box up next to a post so that I can maintain my balance and get a little help if I am struggling.

On the flip side your spinning workouts would have me falling off the bike within 10 minutes!

Originally Posted by Urbanmule
Sorry I have been m.i.a. haven't been to the gym or on a run in two weeks!!!

My knee is feeling better today so i went for a ten mile bike ride, plan on doing some elipticaling Sunday than running starting Tuesday if the knee feels good

Hi Urban, a 10 mile bike ride sounds like just what the Dr. ordered for you recovery. I am glad it is getting better and even gladder that you have wisely chosen to back off a little. You'll be back in your running shoes soon.

I'm heading up to the Sierras this morning and with any luck will get a couple of days skiing in. The snow is much better that it was over the holidays, but still no where near the record amounts they had last year.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Did I exercise today ? Yes
30 min .Walk
30 min with the dumbbells and ab roller.
Am I sore ? You betcha !!
Does the pain ever go away ?
Old 02-10-2012, 02:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by snafuken
Does the pain ever go away ?
Eventually
Old 02-10-2012, 02:37 PM
FitDay Member

hit the gym for my friday cardiogasm. ran my first fullllll 5k without stopping to walk and catch my breath, the last mile felt like it was about 30 minutes long.... 36 minutes flat..ish im mostly just happy i finished it. total run/walk 4.7 miles in 60 mins
Old 02-11-2012, 11:06 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Cross country ski - 2 1/2 hours. Beautiful day
Old 02-12-2012, 12:35 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Another ski day, this time downhill. I rented new boots - pretty high end - and OMG what a difference. Since they were on sale, I went ahead and bought them. I've been looking to replace my 10 year old, entry level boots for quite some time and all the pieces fell together today.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

Pam, Wow two days of skiing that's gotta burn some calories, good for you.

Today was a relaxed day, yoga and treadmill for 30 mins. 6% and lower incline but still got my heart rate up. Stupid rotator cuff injury has put some of the weights on hold.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.