Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 02:27 AM   #1001 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
crazigerl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: B.C. Canada
Posts: 183
Default

I tried a beginner bootcamp today, I felt good as I kept up. Thought I could take on the world after the class and could of hugged any one who walked in front of me. I'm hoping that's what a runner's high would feel like.
__________________
Highest weight October 1st, 2011 247.6
Starting weight January 3rd, 2012 227.8
January pounds lost 7.8 = 220
February pounds lost 4.4 = 215.6
March pounds lost 2.6 = 213 (do better in April)
Total 14.8
Goal weight 160.4
crazigerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #1002 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
lusciousL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Netherlands, Europe
Posts: 43
Default

The computer ate my post as well

Anyway I lost weight and also several measurements showed a decrease, and my bf thought the skin on my back and belly felt looser. Not that I want to have loose skin but at least my plodding on pays off
__________________
14 lbs down, 22 to go

Female 37 yrs 5 ft 7
Start weight 9th December 2011: 190 lbs
Current weight 2nd March 2012: 176 lbs
Inches lost around waist: 3
Goal: 154 lbs by 1st of January 2013
How: Portion control, shun liquid calories, snacks and junk food, running 3 times a week
Why: I want to get in better shape physically and mentally
lusciousL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #1003 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 630
Default

Urban –t hat extra mile “cause I felt pretty good” is a nice touch – and the weekly total is a nice thing – I’ve been tracking mine keeping my annual on a spreadsheet since January 1.

Good work Pam – I love 6 AM workouts – I feel so superior to the rest of society!

Breethe – welcome –we don’t all get a personal best every day.

Kimbur – keep it going!

Crazigerl – yes, that’s what a runner’s high feels like, and they last – I get them for many activites, some people just for running.

Lucious –results feel good!

I saw a nice number on the scale today – I’m calling it 155, but could have been 154.9 – anyway – it is the first time it was deciding where to balance below the 155 line. I’m having a party when I move the big weight (the 150 – on the balance scale at the gym) – you are all invited, we’ll have water, and fresh fruit, and dance at our computers!

It was a wonderful spin class today – “Race Day” – we don’t know what each other is doing on their bikes – but the plan was to try to give your all, all class – and I worked very had. This was followed by breakfast with an insurance broker, and I did my best to not blow it – yogurt (but it was strawberry, lots of sugar, fruit, and they brought a side of granola with it which I should have not eaten, but I did).

Be strong!
dear_abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #1004 (permalink)
FitDay Premium Member
 
RunbikeSki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 2,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by breethe000 View Post
Hit the gym today, after my usual 2 day break, and it kicked me in the pants. my warm up jog went as planned; but when i moved on to lifting i just couldnt finish my last set in 80% of my lifts. oh well first "bad" day in a while, tomorrow all cardio wooo!
Yup, that happens sometimes. Sometimes I can figure out why or identify a specifc reason... other times, well it's a mystery. I hope cardio will go well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbur96 View Post
Just got home from the gym. Did back and biceps today followed by 30 minutes on the elliptical.
Nice - how are those biceps lookin' these days? I am one of those people who believe if it isn't outdoors it ain't exercise - that is until I discoverd X-fit. But a couple of weeks ago I was at a conference and outdoor running wasn't really and option so I played on the elliptical and I gotta say I really enjoyed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazigerl View Post
I tried a beginner bootcamp today, I felt good as I kept up. Thought I could take on the world after the class and could of hugged any one who walked in front of me. I'm hoping that's what a runner's high would feel like.
Whoohooo - you go girl. Yup, you got the runner's high! Watch out it is highly addictive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lusciousL View Post
The computer ate my post as well

Anyway I lost weight and also several measurements showed a decrease, and my bf thought the skin on my back and belly felt looser. Not that I want to have loose skin but at least my plodding on pays off
Awesome! That lose skin will tighten up, I promise. Just get the BF to give you regular massages with a nice toning lotion or oil... it'll have multiple benefits .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dear_abby View Post
Urban –t hat extra mile “cause I felt pretty good” is a nice touch – and the weekly total is a nice thing – I’ve been tracking mine keeping my annual on a spreadsheet since January 1.

Good work Pam – I love 6 AM workouts – I feel so superior to the rest of society!

Breethe – welcome –we don’t all get a personal best every day.

Kimbur – keep it going!

Crazigerl – yes, that’s what a runner’s high feels like, and they last – I get them for many activites, some people just for running.

Lucious –results feel good!

I saw a nice number on the scale today – I’m calling it 155, but could have been 154.9 – anyway – it is the first time it was deciding where to balance below the 155 line. I’m having a party when I move the big weight (the 150 – on the balance scale at the gym) – you are all invited, we’ll have water, and fresh fruit, and dance at our computers!

It was a wonderful spin class today – “Race Day” – we don’t know what each other is doing on their bikes – but the plan was to try to give your all, all class – and I worked very had. This was followed by breakfast with an insurance broker, and I did my best to not blow it – yogurt (but it was strawberry, lots of sugar, fruit, and they brought a side of granola with it which I should have not eaten, but I did).

Be strong!
You are so right about being ready to take on the world after that 6 AM workout. I always feel great after the 8AM workout, but there is something about starting just as the sun is coming up that feels special. Wonderful news on the weight - hip,hip hooray! Can't wait for our cyberparty.

I am definitely feeling yesterday's work out - everywhere. Shoulders, back, abs, legs - it really kicked my butt. This evening I have yoga, but the Friday class is usually pretty mellow and the teacher will allow us to do as much or as little as we wish.

As I am in a taper for my race I will mostly work on lengthening the tight muscles.

Great job everyone... have a wonderful, healthy Friday!
__________________
Pam
5'4" 55yr

2.5 years, 45 pounds later... 128ish pounds
RunbikeSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:22 PM   #1005 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
breethe000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rockford IL
Posts: 30
Default

as mentioned yesterday, friday is double cardio day for me. when i first started doing cardio in november, i went 60 mins ended with 3.44 miles... pretty much just walked lol. today i went well over 60, but at the 60 minute mark i was at 4.44. kind of special to see that much of a gain ^^
__________________
Start weight: 268 (october '11)
Current weight: 239 (2-14-12)
Goal #1:: 225 (4-1-12)
breethe000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #1006 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
sw07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 562
Default

My strained back is finally feeling 100% (hurt it 2 weeks ago) and I went for a run today- absolutely beautiful Saturday morning.
I was going for a 5-6 mile run but once I got home and mapped it, It ended up being a 8.8 mile run(1:28 hrs) Felt awesome to get back into it.
Next Sunday's 10k race shouldn't be a problem.
sw07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #1007 (permalink)
FitDay Premium Member
 
RunbikeSki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 2,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw07 View Post
My strained back is finally feeling 100% (hurt it 2 weeks ago) and I went for a run today- absolutely beautiful Saturday morning.
I was going for a 5-6 mile run but once I got home and mapped it, It ended up being a 8.8 mile run(1:28 hrs) Felt awesome to get back into it.
Next Sunday's 10k race shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck next weekend. I am glad you are back to your runs. Today is indeed a glorious day. I'll do a shortish, easy run tomorrow. Next Sat is the Death Valley 1/2. I am really looking forward to it. Last time I ran it (3 years ago) I have horrendous leg cramps. I have learned how to deal with them better, so I am definitely looking for a PR, and possibly a podium position. One of the benefits of being an older runner is that there are fewer of us. BUT the ones that have stuck with it are really good.
__________________
Pam
5'4" 55yr

2.5 years, 45 pounds later... 128ish pounds
RunbikeSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #1008 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
zyxst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 42
Default

Hitting the weights after browsing the forum. No clue why, but I prefer exercising in the evening.
__________________
My journal
Starting weight: 310# December 2011 (heaviest)
Goal weight: 250# November 2012
April 1 goal weight: 262#
Ultimate goal weight: 150#
zyxst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #1009 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
1fitchallenge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Somewhere in Poland
Posts: 71
Default

I did swimming today for overall like 20mins- in which 13mins was killing interval swimming with fast as hell freestyle laps and medium kinda resting breaststroke laps

Im planning to get to about 20-30mins of interval eventually as my strength get better

Thats all keep the good work
__________________
My 1st fit challenge: started at 01.December.2011
ended: 31.MAY.2012

I will take some rest now sir. Ok Dobby. But I will be back (I think). Ok Dobby
1fitchallenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #1010 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
lusciousL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Netherlands, Europe
Posts: 43
Default

Tried to run 5 kilometer / 3.1 miles in as close as possible to 30 minutes but had to walk the last bit and it took me 45 minutes in total....

Want to participate in a 5K race in April so I have quite some more training to do!
__________________
14 lbs down, 22 to go

Female 37 yrs 5 ft 7
Start weight 9th December 2011: 190 lbs
Current weight 2nd March 2012: 176 lbs
Inches lost around waist: 3
Goal: 154 lbs by 1st of January 2013
How: Portion control, shun liquid calories, snacks and junk food, running 3 times a week
Why: I want to get in better shape physically and mentally
lusciousL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2