FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Exercise (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/)
-   -   Did You Exercise Today??? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/3025-did-you-exercise-today.html)

crazigerl 01-26-2012 02:27 PM

I tried a beginner bootcamp today, I felt good as I kept up. Thought I could take on the world after the class and could of hugged any one who walked in front of me. I'm hoping that's what a runner's high would feel like.

lusciousL 01-26-2012 11:53 PM

The computer ate my post as well :(

Anyway I lost weight and also several measurements showed a decrease, and my bf thought the skin on my back and belly felt looser. Not that I want to have loose skin but at least my plodding on pays off :D

dear_abby 01-27-2012 01:46 AM

Urban –t hat extra mile “cause I felt pretty good” is a nice touch – and the weekly total is a nice thing – I’ve been tracking mine keeping my annual on a spreadsheet since January 1.

Good work Pam – I love 6 AM workouts – I feel so superior to the rest of society!

Breethe – welcome –we don’t all get a personal best every day.

Kimbur – keep it going!

Crazigerl – yes, that’s what a runner’s high feels like, and they last – I get them for many activites, some people just for running.

Lucious –results feel good!

I saw a nice number on the scale today – I’m calling it 155, but could have been 154.9 – anyway – it is the first time it was deciding where to balance below the 155 line. I’m having a party when I move the big weight (the 150 – on the balance scale at the gym) – you are all invited, we’ll have water, and fresh fruit, and dance at our computers!

It was a wonderful spin class today – “Race Day” – we don’t know what each other is doing on their bikes – but the plan was to try to give your all, all class – and I worked very had. This was followed by breakfast with an insurance broker, and I did my best to not blow it – yogurt (but it was strawberry, lots of sugar, fruit, and they brought a side of granola with it which I should have not eaten, but I did).

Be strong!

RunbikeSki 01-27-2012 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by breethe000 (Post 70293)
Hit the gym today, after my usual 2 day break, and it kicked me in the pants. my warm up jog went as planned; but when i moved on to lifting i just couldnt finish my last set in 80% of my lifts. oh well first "bad" day in a while, tomorrow all cardio wooo!

Yup, that happens sometimes. Sometimes I can figure out why or identify a specifc reason... other times, well it's a mystery. I hope cardio will go well.

Originally Posted by kimbur96 (Post 70296)
Just got home from the gym. Did back and biceps today followed by 30 minutes on the elliptical.

Nice - how are those biceps lookin' these days? I am one of those people who believe if it isn't outdoors it ain't exercise - that is until I discoverd X-fit. But a couple of weeks ago I was at a conference and outdoor running wasn't really and option so I played on the elliptical and I gotta say I really enjoyed!

Originally Posted by crazigerl (Post 70309)
I tried a beginner bootcamp today, I felt good as I kept up. Thought I could take on the world after the class and could of hugged any one who walked in front of me. I'm hoping that's what a runner's high would feel like.

Whoohooo - you go girl. Yup, you got the runner's high! Watch out it is highly addictive :D

Originally Posted by lusciousL (Post 70373)
The computer ate my post as well :(

Anyway I lost weight and also several measurements showed a decrease, and my bf thought the skin on my back and belly felt looser. Not that I want to have loose skin but at least my plodding on pays off :D

Awesome! That lose skin will tighten up, I promise. Just get the BF to give you regular massages with a nice toning lotion or oil... it'll have multiple benefits ;).

Originally Posted by dear_abby (Post 70383)
Urban –t hat extra mile “cause I felt pretty good” is a nice touch – and the weekly total is a nice thing – I’ve been tracking mine keeping my annual on a spreadsheet since January 1.

Good work Pam – I love 6 AM workouts – I feel so superior to the rest of society!

Breethe – welcome –we don’t all get a personal best every day.

Kimbur – keep it going!

Crazigerl – yes, that’s what a runner’s high feels like, and they last – I get them for many activites, some people just for running.

Lucious –results feel good!

I saw a nice number on the scale today – I’m calling it 155, but could have been 154.9 – anyway – it is the first time it was deciding where to balance below the 155 line. I’m having a party when I move the big weight (the 150 – on the balance scale at the gym) – you are all invited, we’ll have water, and fresh fruit, and dance at our computers!

It was a wonderful spin class today – “Race Day” – we don’t know what each other is doing on their bikes – but the plan was to try to give your all, all class – and I worked very had. This was followed by breakfast with an insurance broker, and I did my best to not blow it – yogurt (but it was strawberry, lots of sugar, fruit, and they brought a side of granola with it which I should have not eaten, but I did).

Be strong!

You are so right about being ready to take on the world after that 6 AM workout. I always feel great after the 8AM workout, but there is something about starting just as the sun is coming up that feels special. Wonderful news on the weight - hip,hip hooray! Can't wait for our cyberparty.

I am definitely feeling yesterday's work out - everywhere. Shoulders, back, abs, legs - it really kicked my butt. This evening I have yoga, but the Friday class is usually pretty mellow and the teacher will allow us to do as much or as little as we wish.

As I am in a taper for my race I will mostly work on lengthening the tight muscles.

Great job everyone... have a wonderful, healthy Friday!

breethe000 01-27-2012 11:22 AM

as mentioned yesterday, friday is double cardio day for me. when i first started doing cardio in november, i went 60 mins ended with 3.44 miles... pretty much just walked lol. today i went well over 60, but at the 60 minute mark i was at 4.44. kind of special to see that much of a gain ^^

sw07 01-28-2012 07:43 AM

My strained back is finally feeling 100% (hurt it 2 weeks ago) and I went for a run today- absolutely beautiful Saturday morning.
I was going for a 5-6 mile run but once I got home and mapped it, It ended up being a 8.8 mile run(1:28 hrs) :D Felt awesome to get back into it.
Next Sunday's 10k race shouldn't be a problem.

RunbikeSki 01-28-2012 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by sw07 (Post 70608)
My strained back is finally feeling 100% (hurt it 2 weeks ago) and I went for a run today- absolutely beautiful Saturday morning.
I was going for a 5-6 mile run but once I got home and mapped it, It ended up being a 8.8 mile run(1:28 hrs) :D Felt awesome to get back into it.
Next Sunday's 10k race shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck next weekend. I am glad you are back to your runs. Today is indeed a glorious day. I'll do a shortish, easy run tomorrow. Next Sat is the Death Valley 1/2. I am really looking forward to it. Last time I ran it (3 years ago) I have horrendous leg cramps. I have learned how to deal with them better, so I am definitely looking for a PR, and possibly a podium position:rolleyes:. One of the benefits of being an older runner is that there are fewer of us. BUT the ones that have stuck with it are really good.

zyxst 01-28-2012 09:05 AM

Hitting the weights after browsing the forum. No clue why, but I prefer exercising in the evening.

1fitchallenge 01-28-2012 11:53 PM

I did swimming today for overall like 20mins- in which 13mins was killing interval swimming with fast as hell freestyle laps and medium kinda resting breaststroke laps :D

Im planning to get to about 20-30mins of interval eventually as my strength get better :)

Thats all :) keep the good work :)

lusciousL 01-29-2012 12:24 AM

Tried to run 5 kilometer / 3.1 miles in as close as possible to 30 minutes but had to walk the last bit and it took me 45 minutes in total....

Want to participate in a 5K race in April so I have quite some more training to do!