Notices

Anyone on here doing p90x??

Old 11-21-2010, 03:16 PM
FitDay Member

Alex, just out of curiosity how long have you been doing P90X, and what type of exercise were you doing before that?
Old 11-21-2010, 07:15 PM
FitDay Member

Default second try.

I have this program too, Ive started it once, and only in need of a tv to start it again. Im excited for it, though not in nearly the shape i should be to do it.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by naomi-2
I have this program too, Ive started it once, and only in need of a tv to start it again. Im excited for it, though not in nearly the shape i should be to do it.
what about using your computer?
Old 11-23-2010, 12:05 PM
FitDay Member

Nik,

Well i did the program and really made it to about week 10, ill be honest i usually did 4 to 5 days a week working out, but even then i eating well and didnt lose a lb, i restarted it and i think im bored because i have been struggling to keep motivated to do it even 5 nights a week so ive been consdering getting the insanity workout or zumba videos. i eat better than most people i know, i dont like meat, but drink my protein shakes and get protein thru my greek yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, tuna, fish, etc, i eat spinach or asparagus 5-6 nights a week. ive been counting calories and im not going over there, so im just confused and i am basically struggling to get my workouts in now because the longer i go without any results its like whats the point? i know exercise is great for your health dont get me wrong but i want results, ive completely changed the way i eat and i just dont get it.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

Alex,

There's a saying in the strength training community, the best program is the one you aren't on. In other words, if you have been on one program for too long eventually your body adapts and you plateau. I understand that P90X embraces "muscle confusion" but eventually the body will adapt to this too. It may be time to move on to a powerlifting style or bodybuilding style of training for a couple of months just to give the body something different to do, then come back to P90X or CrossFit style workouts after that. It might just be that your body has learned the most efficient way to do P90X, meaning you just burn fewer calories than you did the first time you did it.

I typically change programs every 3-4 months. I can tell I'm about to plateau when I just get bored with the workouts and going to the gym becomes a chore. At that point I'll take a COMPLETE week off the gym, then after that get into a new program, and so far I haven't had any recent plateau problems.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:13 PM
FitDay Member

So far I've done 3 rounds of P90X (in a row, with a week off after each)
1st round -- followed to the T except nutrition plan (I have different approach)
2nd round -- P90X strength training PM (Mo, We, Fri) plus Insanity (AM+PM on Tu-Th-Sa, AM other days, Su is off). Really worked my butt off
3rd round -- P90X with occasional P90X+ routines with mostly steady cardio (to have some rest from Insanity), with more emphasis on building muscle rather then fat loss.

Now I'm trying Tony Hortons One On One in anticipation P90X MC2 and considering getting more serious with barbell and bench

If you are interested, I've posted before & after photos here: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post27404

Last edited by denizko; 12-12-2010 at 02:48 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default P90X challenge

I'm sure this was discussed before but this website has no search engine to find the discussion. Anyway, can someone help me? I was given the P90x challenge DVD's but don't know what to do with them. Do you watch one DVD each day for 11 days and then simply start over again? I noticed their are like 3 dvd's covering the upper body so I assume you can't do them 3 times in a row......thanx in advance!!
Old 02-25-2011, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator

the search button is above in the blue bar.

Did they not give you the book that came with it? Do you plan on doing classis or lean?

Classic = good mix of cardio and weight training

Lean = weight training with a bigger focus on cardio

I have spreadsheet for the program and workout log sheets. LMK if you need them.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 02-25-2011 at 03:21 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:06 AM
FitDay Member

I only have the DVD's so I am lost. I am 6'4" 197 lbs, pretty lean and going on 42 years of age. I would prefer to build some mass and flatten my stomach. What do you suggest? Can I get the spreadsheet? I would greatly appreciate that!
Old 02-25-2011, 11:07 AM
FitDay Member

BTW,,,,your transformation is incredible and a great motivator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.