Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
Anyone on here doing p90x?? >

Anyone on here doing p90x??

Community
Notices

Anyone on here doing p90x??

Old 10-25-2010, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

yep, it works. I did it and had great results. It's very hard but once you get through the 1st week it get easier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPAjFL72Txw

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 10-25-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:26 PM
FitDay Member

had to say - i love p90x! I started last year, and got half way through before i developed pneumonia. I had to stop, and haven't gotten around to starting it back up. it is the only workout i have ever done that showed results, and i didn't follow their diet. By the end of week 1 I was so painful, but i felt more energetic, and stronger. Before I got sick, people were noticing the changes in my body, and my boyfriend was commenting that I was looking slimmer, and on my muscle definition on my arms, legs and back.
Right now i'm working on getting my diet right, to include more veggies and fruits, and fresh meats and less processed foods. I plan on starting P90 soon, and expect that as long as i stick to it, i'll see great results!

it would be great to have some1 to share experiences with!
good luck!
Old 10-31-2010, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

Just a little update on my X progress...I managed to do 3 who chin ups during the legs and back workout the other day. And those of you on the program know the pull up routine is repeated for a second round, and I'm proud to say I even managed to do a single chin up on the second round (usually I'm way too wasted for that kind of thing). I was pretty excited. The back routine was always the most challenging for me, and the most disheartening because I could never do any of the moves.

Just for fun, I went to the mall and tried on some clothes to see how small the sizes might be. I put on this dress that looked so great I had to walk out into the main dressing room area with the big mirrors to check myself out (and to show off to other people that I looked good). I even want to drag my boyfriend back there just to show him this dress.

Anyway, just thrilled about my successes lately and feeling good. Happy Halloween everyone!
Old 11-07-2010, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

@wannabfit: time for you to post some pictures!
Old 11-08-2010, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

congrats for sticking to it guys and girls!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-08-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

My boyfriend and I are on Week 4, Round 1 of P90X. I love it and Tony is a great trainer and motivator. I have zero upper body strength and I can't even come close to doing a pullup even with a chair, so I use weights and am steadily increasing the weight each time. I hope by Round 2 I can start to do some actual pullups.

For me, Plyo is the one I dread. We did Core Synergistics for the first time last night, and WOW - it kicked our butts!

We aren't using the supplements or following the nutrition plan, just eating clean.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:39 PM
FitDay Member

i sure wish they had p90x for one of the "activities" i have been doing p90x for while i just started over and techincally on my 3rd week, ill admit i dont make it 6 days a week but i always do the plyo and kenpo every week and usually 2 of the weight lifting days, so 4-5 days a week im doing the p90x, i have made a lot of changes to my diet, but i have not llost a single pound and im getting quite frustrated, im trying really hard and i push myself during the workouts, i dont get what im doing wrong it seems so easy for others to lose weight doing this program but i work my butt off and get no results! i only need to lose about 7 lbs. i cut out almost all sugar, i dont drink anything but water skim milk, and now i just added protein shakes because i was told im not getting enough protein and ive tried cutting back on carbs.... any advice????
Old 11-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Alexd33,
any advice?? I said this earlier, and I still believe it.
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I think for the 1st 90 days you should do it as layed out. After that feel free to tweek it. IMHO
What does your diet look like? I had dramatic results b/c I was FAT, if you only have 7 pounds to lose, it would be logical that the weight is going to come off slower. Be patient, you're on week 3, and don't do every workout. If you want better results, do the program as it's supposed to be done.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-16-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:00 PM
FitDay Member

Alexd33,

With a tough program like P90X you should be having some carbs after your workouts so your muscles don't eat themselves. Since you're having protein shakes now anyways, try tossing in some fruit or fat-free (but not sugar-free) ice cream in there right after your workout. Feeding the muscle = having more muscle = more fat loss over time. Like Mike said, if you've only got 7 pounds to go it's going to come off slower than someone who has 70 pounds to go, so just stick with it, but this might help you out with proper muscle recovery, and recovery is king.

In your general diet, focus on "good" fats. Your body likes having fat around for emergencies, so the more you can convince your body that fat is readily available (by eating some), the less it will feel like it needs to hang on to.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:46 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you for the tips, see i have all the p90x videos but i dont have the diet or meal plan guides that it comes with, but i just dont see whats wrong i work out pretty hard and ive been told its mostly diet, all i eat and buy is mostly fresh veggies, fruits, i have plain fat free greek yogurt with bueberries or rasberries in the morning or a hard boiled egg, i eat salads, grilled or baked fish or grilled chicken for dinner, i usually snack on nuts, low fat cottage cheese, whole wheat crackers etc, on average my calorie intake is usually ranging from 1400-1700 i dont drink anything but water, skim milk and now my protein shakes, i cant lose a single pound, and u would think it should be easy heck id be happy if i could lose 5, i know your body fluctuates a few lbs, im usually 123 19% body fat, and i try to weigh myself only about once or twice a week, however this weekend saturay and sunday i weighed my self and im up to 126, yet i had a delicious salmon asparagus salad with balsamic for dinner friday night and im desperately trying to cut out more carbs but i love my whole wheat bread, i only eat 1, slice a day, usually some whole wheat crackers, oatmeal sometimes or brown rice, and on weekends ill eat a whole grain muffin with my scrambled eggs, im just at a complete loss i feel like im never going to get where i want to be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.