Notices

Anyone on here doing p90x??

Old 08-03-2010, 06:15 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Verschof
Has anyone here done P90X with the Primal/Paleo diets? I see a lot of high carb diets, and I was wondering how successful a Primal diet would be... I am sensitive to most grains and dairy, and Primal has done wonders for me. I'm just worried about getting enough of everything I need if I'm doing such a strenuous workout.
Just happened to be skimming MDA and found this tidbit which directly addresses your question (proper context: the post is concerned with the period of time when transitioning from a typical Western carb-heavy diet to Primal)
Keep in mind also that people in low carb transition can genuinely shortchange their physical needs when they aren’t eating enough fat or when they’re pursuing high intensity exercise routines lasting over an hour, which send the body’s glycogen stores into a nosedive to the ground. I hear this from CrossFitters and P90Xers who insist on maintaining their daily high intensity while transitioning to Primal eating. This isn’t to say that you can’t exercise more intensely for longer on a Primal diet (although there’s no real need to for perfectly solid fitness), but more than an hour’s time for most folks requires some extra carbs when glycogen is depleted. If you’re bothered by the mental fog even without intensive exercise, ease up on your carb restriction by adding 25 grams or so to see if it makes a difference. Listen to your body and gauge your sensitivity. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and you’re not going to compromise your overall benefit by taking it slowly.
The Low Carb Flu | Mark's Daily Apple
Old 08-11-2010, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator

just checking back in, looks like everyone is hard at it!

Keep it up everyone, before you know it week 13 will be in your past.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Just wanted to say that I kicked some bootay last night during my plyo workout. Some of those squat moves get really tough for me around teh 20 rep mark, and I pushed through to get 23 or even 25 reps for some of them. I'm feeling pretty good about it. I've found plyo, and even some of the other workouts, are a lot easier to get through now that I know the routines. For instance, plyo has 6 sets (each done twice). So I just keep reminding myself...only 6 sets...only 6 sets. Plus I love what Tony says in the beginning, "you can do anything for 30 seconds." I say that to myself once or twice before I get started and never look back.

I feel like my overall fitness level is improving. I go for short jogs after my morning CardioX workout and can tell I'm running faster and my body feels good when I finish. Haven't seen any changes in weight, but I'm almost done with week 8, so I'll take measurements over the weekend to see if there are any changes since my last check after week 4. I'm not expecting too much, since all the beachbody forums seem to reflect the fact that changes are minimal during this middle part of the program; that changes come the greatest in the last phase.

Either way, I'm certainly not quitting and have started making plans for how I'll tackle round two. I have a few questions brewing about a second round, so stay tuned and maybe some of you can help me out with those!
Old 08-13-2010, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

I am right there with you ! Wife and I finished week 12 yesterday! Only have the last recovery week to go. So far I have lost 17 pounds. My goal was 18 so I am really excited about this. My wife has never been thinner and she is so excited about her body. She has bought 3 bathing suits in the past 4 weeks getting ready for our trip and is going to reward herself with all new outfits once we get back. I am really proud of her as I could tell it is much harder for her to see results (with any workout) than it is for me. She is actually the one pushing for round 2 so I am more than happy to go along for the ride with her again.

We will be p90x grads in 1 week ! Spent 7 years building all this fat up and lost almost all of it with 3 months of p90x. Unbelievable.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wannabefitgrl
I'm not expecting too much, since all the beachbody forums seem to reflect the fact that changes are minimal during this middle part of the program; that changes come the greatest in the last phase.
for me, my greatest change was at the end of phase 2. That could be due to an injury and i couldn't push as hard in phase 3.

I haven't been on the BB forums in a while b/c everytime I log on I have a bazillion friend requests, most of which are from coaches. When I first joined i accepted eveyone as friends then started to get "workout invites" but the hundreds from coaches. It got to be sort of a PITA with all the coaching spam. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 08-13-2010, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by simonladen
I am right there with you ! Wife and I finished week 12 yesterday! Only have the last recovery week to go. So far I have lost 17 pounds. My goal was 18 so I am really excited about this. My wife has never been thinner and she is so excited about her body. She has bought 3 bathing suits in the past 4 weeks getting ready for our trip and is going to reward herself with all new outfits once we get back. I am really proud of her as I could tell it is much harder for her to see results (with any workout) than it is for me. She is actually the one pushing for round 2 so I am more than happy to go along for the ride with her again.

We will be p90x grads in 1 week ! Spent 7 years building all this fat up and lost almost all of it with 3 months of p90x. Unbelievable.
congrats to both of you!
Old 08-13-2010, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I haven't been on the BB forums in a while b/c everytime I log on I have a bazillion friend requests, most of which are from coaches. When I first joined i accepted eveyone as friends then started to get "workout invites" but the hundreds from coaches. It got to be sort of a PITA with all the coaching spam. Anyone else have this issue?
I'm not actually a member on the BB forums, I just log on to see what kind of threads they have, so I don't have that issue you're talking about...Are there no ways to set your options to not get any of those invites and such?
Old 08-13-2010, 07:43 AM
FitDay Member

01GT4.6,

Mustang?

Nice job with your fitness and weightloss! I did P90X for two rounds and I bulked up, but still was not showing the abs. I just finished the first month of Insanity and I am now starting to show. I have very defined arms and legs, but my body hasn't decided to use the fat on my tummy just yet. I suspect I will need to be well below 10% to get the fat off my abs.

Do you know what your BF% is at present?
Old 08-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CoeyCoey
01GT4.6,

Mustang?

Nice job with your fitness and weightloss! I did P90X for two rounds and I bulked up, but still was not showing the abs. I just finished the first month of Insanity and I am now starting to show. I have very defined arms and legs, but my body hasn't decided to use the fat on my tummy just yet. I suspect I will need to be well below 10% to get the fat off my abs.

Do you know what your BF% is at present?
yep... mustang. here she is YouTube - 2001 Mustang GT exhaust cammed, built & sprayed

I believe my bf was down to ~10.5% before bulking, I'm probably around 11.5-12% now
Old 08-15-2010, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

My end of week 8 checkin: Not a lot of changes during this phase for me. In fact, I've gained another couple of pounds and even gained a little bit (inch-wise) in some places. I'll just chalk it up to muscles and not worry about it yet. I'm looking to have more significant gains in this last phase.

Overall I feel really good, I'm making improvements and pushing out more reps during the workouts. My running has improved significantly (except this last week...way too humid to push myself during my runs, even at 5am).

Tony cracks me up when he says "pick a weight...something light...I'm going with the 35s". Never ceases to put a smile on my very sweaty face.

Simon, congrats on almost finishing and if you go for round two, keep posting and let me know if it's any different for you and what kinds of changes you're seeing.

Good luck to everyone else, keep pushing play!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.