Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
Anyone on here doing p90x?? >

Anyone on here doing p90x??

Community
Notices

Anyone on here doing p90x??

Old 06-13-2010, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Here's my P90X dilemma...I got the dvds from a friend and it's missing all the diet info but I found a spreadsheet online which lays out the levels and phases and shows the number of portions of each kind of food (protein, carbs, etc.) to eat during each level. For example, the first phase is low carb and high protein and the subsequent phases start to become more low protein and high carb.

My problem is that I can't seem to get enough calories and still stick to the number of portions that are given, unless I were to stop eating the low fat/low cal options I currently eat. Plus I have to start taking in protein bars and that concerns me...just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or could tell me what's working for you.

I'm currently 150 lbs and eating about 1600-1800 cals a day, which I think is too low for P90X to begin with but I'm not really sure how to up my cals but still stay within the food proportions. Help?
Old 06-13-2010, 05:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wannabefitgrl
Here's my P90X dilemma...I got the dvds from a friend and it's missing all the diet info but I found a spreadsheet online which lays out the levels and phases and shows the number of portions of each kind of food (protein, carbs, etc.) to eat during each level. For example, the first phase is low carb and high protein and the subsequent phases start to become more low protein and high carb.

My problem is that I can't seem to get enough calories and still stick to the number of portions that are given, unless I were to stop eating the low fat/low cal options I currently eat. Plus I have to start taking in protein bars and that concerns me...just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or could tell me what's working for you.

I'm currently 150 lbs and eating about 1600-1800 cals a day, which I think is too low for P90X to begin with but I'm not really sure how to up my cals but still stay within the food proportions. Help?
IMO 1600-1800 is too low while doing P90X. Just make sure you eat clean. You body will tell you if you need to eat more.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by coachrobyn
The changes I have seen in people have been nothing short of amazing. I was never into the whole workout at home thing until I found these! I stand by the products so strong that I started my own business with the Beachbody family! If anyone has ANY questions... shoot 'em my way!

Visit my beachbody page by going to:
www.beachbodycoach.com/CoachRobyn

or my personal website by going to:
Home Page

If you're interested in buying the products... or even changing other people's lives by becoming a Beachbody Coach - contact me! I would love to support you in your fitness and/or financial-freedom journey!!!

<3 Robyn Brooks
Your Independent BeachBody Coach
Robyn this isn't just towards you but all "coaches". IMO the coaches are way more concerned about making money then doing what's right for people. I see this time and time again. Coaches flood Youtube and just about every web forum, trying to recruit more coaches or get more clients under their belt. I've been asked MANY times to be a coach and absolutely REFUSE. I have more P90X experience than most P90X coaches and have helped many many people without trying to push a product or the all mighty $100+ shakeology that you can not live without, lol.
IMO the Beachbody & the coaches have turned the beachbody into nothing more than a pyramid scheme. I rarely even go to the beachbody website nanymore b/c every time I log in to my account I have countless coaches wanting to be my "friend" and and 30-40 PM for workout invites from coaches... all so they can get paid. But what have they done for me??? NOTHING!
Old 06-13-2010, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

I definitely know I'll have to up my calorie intake (not starting the X for another week) and I think at this point it will be a matter of overcoming the psychological barrier that tells me I'm eating too much. I say I eat 1600-1800 a day, but most days, it's really pretty close to that 1600, sometimes even a little under I think. I'll just have to suck it up and make it work.

I know it's important to eat enough on the X, but at the same time, I'm already doing double workouts (35-45 minutes of cardio in the morning and alternating weights/cardio at night for about an hour) and I don't feel wasted. I get lots of sleep, don't find it hard to wake up, and during my warm-ups I feel really energized. I'll just play with the calories and see how I feel. Hoping to lose another 8-10 pounds by my birthday (mid August).
Old 06-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

if you're not feeling wasted then you may be fine.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:21 PM
FitDay Member

Default Started P90X yesterday...anyone else doing this?

I actually have done the P90X workouts before but tried doing them "my way" 2x a week or 3x a week needless to say that didn't work out too well but after finishing my first half marathon on memorial day weekend I'm looking forward to the next challenge. I have more discipline now then I've ever had. Wondering if anyone else is up for the challenge or if anyone else has completed this successfully and can give me some tips?
Old 06-13-2010, 10:25 PM
FitDay Member

3 times a week is fine as long as you're doing the weight lifting routines. You can go for walks/jogs/runs on the cardio days if you really need to.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator

I think for the 1st 90 days you should do it as layed out. After that feel free to tweek it. IMHO
Old 06-14-2010, 05:54 AM
FitDay Member

I agree with you 01gt4.6 and that's exactly what I plan to do! Have you done the program?
Old 06-14-2010, 07:24 AM
FitDay Member

I am not doing this myself but know a couple who did and they look great! They said it kicked their butt though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.