PS3 for Exercise >

PS3 for Exercise

Community
Notices

PS3 for Exercise

Old 01-13-2011, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Default PS3 for Exercise

Following a recent thread about the Wii, thought I'd ask about PS3 fitness games.
The Move is a fairly recent thing so the games, I believe, are quite limited. Has anyone had success with a particular games? Playing archery on Sports Champions can really make you feel the burn, but it's obviously limited to a pretty small area on the body.
What are others that people can recommend?
For example is Get Fit with Mel B a good'n?
Old 01-13-2011, 05:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Splosh, I've heard good things about the Mel B. game, but I've yet to try it myself (at this point, I have so many workout options that I think my husband would go nuts if I bought another ). I love the EA Active 2 game for the PS3 - I've been using it for 3 weeks and definitely give it a thumbs-up (and I bought it before it went down in price). I started the 9-week program on "medium" and it's doing a good job of getting me going.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

thanks changeisgood (nice motivational nickname btw!), the ea game looks ideal. just begun some reasonably long distance walking, so i love the idea of supplementing it with some (productive) time on my beloved ps3.
if anyone else has some recommendations, fire away.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:30 AM
FitDay Member

I have EA Active 2 for the Wii and really like it. It's more serious than the Wii Fit Plus, so I feel the burn from it frequently. I also love that it has like 100 workouts already programmed in to it, so it's never dull or routine. It's fun enough that DH is using it too, and he's sort of a tough sell on stuff like that.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, I have Get Fit By Mel and I really like it, however I'll be buying EA Sports soon to compare. Get Fit By Mel is nice because you get a workout, but there is some lag between the different "challenges" she has you do..some people don't like that. I've heard good and bad things about the Zumba game, as well.

Edit--
I bought Zumba and EA Fitness and they arrived today. I tried a little bit of Zumba today...it was really tough to follow as the dance moves are quite complicated..but I found that if you move your hips enough it will count. I started the 9 week challenge on medium for EA Sports. It's a wonderful workout and I can see myself using it more regularly than Get Fit By Mel as the workouts are more entertaining..for example you can mountain bike and play basketball.

Last edited by tonk0022; 01-28-2011 at 03:52 PM.