Notices

My new favorite workout!!!

Old 01-26-2011, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default My new favorite workout!!!

For Christmas the kids got a Wii game called "Just Dance II", which for some silly reason got wedged down under all the games and didn't get played until yesterday. I am not a video game person, but man do I love that game!!! The kids and I played for more than an hour last night, then I put them to bed and played for another 30 minutes . Then this morning I rushed through my usual workout, just so I could play JDII again! Some how or another it's not like working out at all, yet it burns a ton of calories. Whoo hooo skinny jeans here I come.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator

I'm jealous! I'll have to go look for that one; we have a ton of credits built up at Game Stop from turning in used ones. I was looking at Wii Zumba but this sounds better.

What Mom does when the kids go to school .

I won't join in the skinny jeans, tho...I was so looking forward to them, but I can't get my calves in those suckers .
Old 01-26-2011, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator

I've been blowing off my dance class which is stupid because I love to dance! I have an unusually large, open kitchen and can really get a good workout in. My dogs love to join in too, it's the funniest thing I've ever seen!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728

I won't join in the skinny jeans, tho...I was so looking forward to them, but I can't get my calves in those suckers .
Lol! I love skinny jeans in the winter because I LOVE boot's and regular jeans won't fit in most of mine!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:13 AM
FitDay Member

Skinny jeans, I can't get my thighs in those suckers, even ones that have inches, yes I said INCHES of extra fabric in the waist! But I did find some awesome boots at Payless this year that are slouchy and roomy enough for my bootcut jeans to tuck into them, I just peg 'em first like we used to do in the 80's. Almeeker I know you know what I'm talking about

I should play more wii since I can't seem to make the gym lately, mabye after dinner...
Old 01-26-2011, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

LOL, Lizzy...I "pegged" a pair of straight-cut jeans today! Brings back the memories!!! I have some boots that are kind of like two separate pieces of leather (one front, one back) and three buckles on the side that hold them together without making them tight, so the colossal calves go into them.

There's not much you can do about calves, sadly.

Have fun playing! The best exercise is the one you don't realize is exercise
Old 01-26-2011, 07:54 AM
FitDay Member

Damn, this makes me want to get a Wii so bad! I have been doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. I am actually doing 30 Shreds in 30 days and recording my results. I have done 9 workouts so far and already my waist is down over an inch!

VABeachGirl, my dog joins in the workout too! It's hilarious! When the music starts, he runs to get a squeaky toy and jogs around the apartment squeaking it. Sometimes I laugh so much I can hardly get through the jumping jacks. Another thing he does is follow the dumbbells with his nose, when I am on the floor doing chest presses. Then at the end when I am stretching he bumps me with his nose because he wants me to play with him. And my dog is 14 years old! I swear he's still so puppyish.

Oh boy, I just went on and on about my dog. I must seem like a crazy dog lady who is highjacking a thread about exercise.

Sorry Almeeker! Back to the Wii... sounds like so much fun! I want one too! You've got some lucky kids you know. They have such a fun mom.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:59 AM
FitDay Member

I have skinny legs (thick waist.) I can fit skinny jeans but somehow skinny jeans on a 50 year old...not such a great look (depending on the style.)

I had to do execrcises on Wii for knee rehab. Not fun for me because I am so uncoordinated. For those watching (therapist and other patients) quite amusing. I think i broke records. In the low scores. But dancing to lose weight? Or just to dance? Sounds great!!! And dances with pups sounds really really funny! (Cats just watch.)
Old 01-26-2011, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Lizzycritter
Skinny jeans, I can't get my thighs in those suckers,
Oh Emm Geee, me too. I hate that.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Mike, I always thought you were more of a jeggings kinda guy, anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.